Got Unconditional offer - MSc Operations/Supply Chain from Newcastle University

sinbwt

I got an unconditional offer for MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management from Newcastle University. My applications from Surrey and Nottingham were rejected as expected (My BBA grades from Heriot Watt were avg)

I have a problem in deciding. Should i do the MSc now ? Im still thinking about working for 2 more years and then doing my MBA directly. It would also give me time to try and get a good GMAT score (aiming for around 680+). What are the AMBA universities that i can get into with [average grades + 3 Year exp + Good GMAT] ?

Or should i do my MSc now ? i really dont think after getting an MSc degree i'll feel like doing another degree after a few years. I've also checked the MBM Strathclyde but i'd rather do the MBA from a good uni.

Which are my best university options for MBA? {dont think i can get into top 15/20) with average grades.

Can anyone help me here ?

I got an unconditional offer for MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management from Newcastle University. My applications from Surrey and Nottingham were rejected as expected (My BBA grades from Heriot Watt were avg)

I have a problem in deciding. Should i do the MSc now ? Im still thinking about working for 2 more years and then doing my MBA directly. It would also give me time to try and get a good GMAT score (aiming for around 680+). What are the AMBA universities that i can get into with [average grades + 3 Year exp + Good GMAT] ?

Or should i do my MSc now ? i really dont think after getting an MSc degree i'll feel like doing another degree after a few years. I've also checked the MBM Strathclyde but i'd rather do the MBA from a good uni.

Which are my best university options for MBA? {dont think i can get into top 15/20) with average grades.

Can anyone help me here ?
Mamit

If you can get a job now then i would suggest that go for work instead of MSc as MSc will not help much in getting jobs. Once you gather 3+ years of work exp then go for MBA from one of the top universities as that will help you in building up your profile and career growth.

If you can get a job now then i would suggest that go for work instead of MSc as MSc will not help much in getting jobs. Once you gather 3+ years of work exp then go for MBA from one of the top universities as that will help you in building up your profile and career growth.
Duncan

If you research the discussion board you'll find a log thread comparing the different Operations MSc degrees in the UK. I seem to recall that Nottingham and Manchester were better than Newcastle. An MBA will certainly be even better.

If you research the discussion board you'll find a log thread comparing the different Operations MSc degrees in the UK. I seem to recall that Nottingham and Manchester were better than Newcastle. An MBA will certainly be even better.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 11 Followers 92 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Supply Chain Management: Beyond Logistics

Article Feb 05, 2013

How sustainability and other current topics are making supply chain roles exciting

Top Business Schools for Operations Management

Top List

Many job opportunities in this sector exist for MBAs interested in operations, including positions like systems analyst, logistics manager, and operations analyst

Hot Discussions