Full time MBA in UK

Mahd79

Hi ...

I want to have MBA degree from good and accredited MBA bushiness school in UK ...(Full time and preferably no GMAT required )

im a pharmacist and have almost 9 years experience in sales and marketing from the middle east region

Please advice ???

Hi ...

I want to have MBA degree from good and accredited MBA bushiness school in UK ...(Full time and preferably no GMAT required )

im a pharmacist and have almost 9 years experience in sales and marketing from the middle east region

Please advice ???
Duncan

Take the GMAT. It's not hard to get a score of 600 or so, and that will combine with your work experience to get you into a great programme.

Take the GMAT. It's not hard to get a score of 600 or so, and that will combine with your work experience to get you into a great programme.
Mahd79

Thanks for your reply ....well, im planning to return back once i get the MBA degree but as per your answer it seems the GMAT will enforce my experience more although the feedback i got on GMAT is not easy to pass !!!!..

Please advice which business school with affordable tuition fees (15-20K) can provide such a great FT MBA program with good accommodation plus good city to live in( outside London) ?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply ....well, im planning to return back once i get the MBA degree but as per your answer it seems the GMAT will enforce my experience more although the feedback i got on GMAT is not easy to pass !!!!..

Please advice which business school with affordable tuition fees (15-20K) can provide such a great FT MBA program with good accommodation plus good city to live in( outside London) ?

Thanks
Duncan

I suggest you read http://www.find-mba.com/board/29785 and then also look at http://www.mastersportal.eu/students/search-results/?params=LY5bDoMwDATv4hMQ6IvlMCgtFopUEslxqiLE3esUPne8O7LHA1tGDxKeQ4pjmGgIcEPGDZQkzCHSEWKKzL4G14BeqUSV9ex3jeE7SEtQs1TUXq79SSeehTnT4OGw2clwB1qeZttN11qliK_LcfHf_wO14xwoa5nWMasXrfsG27nwb2WJNvoc5nrZfw%253D%253Dzd323c85c&start=10&length=10&order_by=tuition_noneea&order_direction=desc

Birmingham, Surrey and Newcastle come to mind.

I suggest you read http://www.find-mba.com/board/29785 and then also look at http://www.mastersportal.eu/students/search-results/?params=LY5bDoMwDATv4hMQ6IvlMCgtFopUEslxqiLE3esUPne8O7LHA1tGDxKeQ4pjmGgIcEPGDZQkzCHSEWKKzL4G14BeqUSV9ex3jeE7SEtQs1TUXq79SSeehTnT4OGw2clwB1qeZttN11qliK_LcfHf_wO14xwoa5nWMasXrfsG27nwb2WJNvoc5nrZfw%253D%253Dzd323c85c&start=10&length=10&order_by=tuition_noneea&order_direction=desc

Birmingham, Surrey and Newcastle come to mind.
Mahd79

I do appreciate your advice ...i can see they don't require GMAT for the enrollment
which universities in UK you recommend that require good score of GMAT (accredited and in good city) ???

Thanks

I do appreciate your advice ...i can see they don't require GMAT for the enrollment
which universities in UK you recommend that require good score of GMAT (accredited and in good city) ???

Thanks
Duncan

These would be above your budget, generally. The UK schools which use the GMAT are:
Ashridge Business School
Bradford University
Cranfield School of Management
Imperial College London
Judge Business School
London Business School
London School of Economics and Political Science
Manchester Business School
Nottingham University Business School
Said Business School
University of Edinburgh Business School
Warwick Business School

These would be above your budget, generally. The UK schools which use the GMAT are:
Ashridge Business School
Bradford University
Cranfield School of Management
Imperial College London
Judge Business School
London Business School
London School of Economics and Political Science
Manchester Business School
Nottingham University Business School
Said Business School
University of Edinburgh Business School
Warwick Business School

ezra

I would agree that you should at least try your hand at the GMAT. Schools that require GMAT are more competitive, but with these schools your post-graduation salary will be better, you'll have a better networking, better career services support, etc.

My list of FT ranked schools in the UK that are close to your budget:

Bradford, £22,450
Edinburgh, £15,300
Birmingham, £19,000

If you can boost your budget a bit, you can also consider these:

Durham, £25,000
Aston, £24,700
Lancaster, £26,000

I would agree that you should at least try your hand at the GMAT. Schools that require GMAT are more competitive, but with these schools your post-graduation salary will be better, you'll have a better networking, better career services support, etc.

Bradford, £22,450
Edinburgh, £15,300
Birmingham, £19,000

Durham, £25,000
Aston, £24,700
Lancaster, £26,000
yipkc

Bradford, £22,450
Edinburgh, £15,300
Birmingham, £19,000

Durham, £25,000
Aston, £24,700
Lancaster, £26,000

Wow! I didn't know Edinburgh was that cheap! Right now, it costs £27,100!!! I wouldn't go for it as the fee rises on an average of £3,000 per year!

[quote]I would agree that you should at least try your hand at the GMAT. Schools that require GMAT are more competitive, but with these schools your post-graduation salary will be better, you'll have a better networking, better career services support, etc.

Bradford, £22,450
Edinburgh, £15,300
Birmingham, £19,000

Durham, £25,000
Aston, £24,700
Lancaster, £26,000[/quote]

Wow! I didn't know Edinburgh was that cheap! Right now, it costs £27,100!!! I wouldn't go for it as the fee rises on an average of £3,000 per year!
Duncan

The University of Edinburgh Business School has changed massively in four years: a new building, triple-accreditation, and the school has doubled in size. It gets around eight applicants for every place in the masters programme. Its MBA seems like a bargain when you consider that its MSc in finance is £26,350. That's a very small premium for a very high-quality school, now in the top ten UK schools according to Eduniversal. Considering its graduates' average salary of $89k with the Bradford MBA's $68k, I'd say that Bradford is starting to look rather over-priced.

The University of Edinburgh Business School has changed massively in four years: a new building, triple-accreditation, and the school has doubled in size. It gets around eight applicants for every place in the masters programme. Its MBA seems like a bargain when you consider that its MSc in finance is £26,350. That's a very small premium for a very high-quality school, now in the top ten UK schools according to Eduniversal. Considering its graduates' average salary of $89k with the Bradford MBA's $68k, I'd say that Bradford is starting to look rather over-priced.
yipkc

That's fair enough. :)

[quote]The University of Edinburgh Business School has changed massively in four years: a new building, triple-accreditation, and the school has doubled in size. It gets around eight applicants for every place in the masters programme. Its MBA seems like a bargain when you consider that its MSc in finance is £26,350. That's a very small premium for a very high-quality school, now in the top ten UK schools according to Eduniversal. Considering its graduates' average salary of $89k with the Bradford MBA's $68k, I'd say that Bradford is starting to look rather over-priced.[/quote]

That's fair enough. :)
sts

As far as I see, GMAT may not be a strict requirement to join a quality MBA, particularly in the UK. For example, according to their website, Durham does not "require" a GMAT in all cases. What I understand from their statements is that they "may require" a GMAT to compansate for some other "required" qualifications, when necessary.
The same applies for Lancaster.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/business/programmes/mba/full-time/

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/study/mba/ftmba/apply/entry/

As far as I see, GMAT may not be a strict requirement to join a quality MBA, particularly in the UK. For example, according to their website, Durham does not "require" a GMAT in all cases. What I understand from their statements is that they "may require" a GMAT to compansate for some other "required" qualifications, when necessary.

yipkc

I think to be placed within the top 100 FT MBA ranking consistently indicates that these universities offer quality MBA courses. However, it can be an obstacle for MBA candidates there logistically as Lancaster and Durham are in the middle of nowhere and up north thus, extremely far away from the capital city. I guess they are best fit for overseas students who will move back to their home country after completion of their course.

[quote]As far as I see, GMAT may not be a strict requirement to join a quality MBA, particularly in the UK. For example, according to their website, Durham does not "require" a GMAT in all cases. What I understand from their statements is that they "may require" a GMAT to compansate for some other "required" qualifications, when necessary.

[/quote]

I think to be placed within the top 100 FT MBA ranking consistently indicates that these universities offer quality MBA courses. However, it can be an obstacle for MBA candidates there logistically as Lancaster and Durham are in the middle of nowhere and up north thus, extremely far away from the capital city. I guess they are best fit for overseas students who will move back to their home country after completion of their course.
Duncan

These are huge universities and major employers go there for milk round recruitment. England is pretty small and all rail links go to London in just a few hours. It's also worth looking at Best schools for international students' placement http://www.find-mba.com/board/41143 and the FT rankings. Durham and Lancaster are in the top third for international mobility, above City University London, IE and UCD (all of which are in capital cities). These good outcomes show that major MBA employers are not limited to central London schools (and, indeed, while 37% of MBAs in the UK are in London, that still means most are not). Reading, Manchester and Edinburgh are also notable centres - and Lancaster and Durham are well located for those last two. The high concentration of students who want to take MBA programmes in and around London also means there's a lot of competition with the talented international job seekers who also focus on that city.

[Edited by Duncan on Jan 13, 2016]

These are huge universities and major employers go there for milk round recruitment. England is pretty small and all rail links go to London in just a few hours. It's also worth looking at Best schools for international students' placement http://www.find-mba.com/board/41143 and the FT rankings. Durham and Lancaster are in the top third for international mobility, above City University London, IE and UCD (all of which are in capital cities). These good outcomes show that major MBA employers are not limited to central London schools (and, indeed, while 37% of MBAs in the UK are in London, that still means most are not). Reading, Manchester and Edinburgh are also notable centres - and Lancaster and Durham are well located for those last two. The high concentration of students who want to take MBA programmes in and around London also means there's a lot of competition with the talented international job seekers who also focus on that city.
maury

I was actually just reading this article:

http://find-mba.com/articles/beyond-london-mba-programs-in-england

"Indeed, each region of the country offers different types of businesses and industries. Chris Saunders, the director of the full-time MBA program at Lancaster University Management School, says that a good deal of the industry around Lancaster is made up of energy firms and infrastructure, due to the fact that there are two nuclear power plants in the area. Also, the defense contractor BAE Systems is nearby, and its presence has spawned a whole network of smaller suppliers in the area."

I know it's not London, but a place like Lancaster is probably similar to a lot of other parts of England, in that there are economic strengths as well as weaknesses. Of course, London has a very strong financial sector and a diverse range of other industries, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the country has nothing to offer in terms of employment opportunities.

I was actually just reading this article:

http://find-mba.com/articles/beyond-london-mba-programs-in-england

"Indeed, each region of the country offers different types of businesses and industries. Chris Saunders, the director of the full-time MBA program at Lancaster University Management School, says that a good deal of the industry around Lancaster is made up of energy firms and infrastructure, due to the fact that there are two nuclear power plants in the area. Also, the defense contractor BAE Systems is nearby, and its presence has spawned a whole network of smaller suppliers in the area."

I know it's not London, but a place like Lancaster is probably similar to a lot of other parts of England, in that there are economic strengths as well as weaknesses. Of course, London has a very strong financial sector and a diverse range of other industries, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the country has nothing to offer in terms of employment opportunities.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 27 Followers 180 Discussions
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 11 Followers 92 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 45 Followers 317 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 12 Followers 116 Discussions
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom 9 Followers 73 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 107 Followers 348 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 35 Followers 267 Discussions
Manchester, United Kingdom 65 Followers 515 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 53 Followers 290 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 278 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Surrey, United Kingdom 10 Followers 60 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

Article Jun 08, 2012

How MBA programs outside the capital can offer global, practical experience

Hot Discussions