Durham MBA Class 2010/11

Hi, I've received an offer to Durham MBA program for Sep 2010. Anyone else here is going as well?

Hi, I've received an offer to Durham MBA program for Sep 2010. Anyone else here is going as well?

Hi,
It would be really great if you can share your profile. I am planning to apply for the sep 2010 intake. I have not taken my GMAT. Will it be an advantage if I take it?

Hi,
It would be really great if you can share your profile. I am planning to apply for the sep 2010 intake. I have not taken my GMAT. Will it be an advantage if I take it?

Hi,

I applied without GMAT. My reluctance to take GMAT was one of the reasons why I did not apply to certain schools like Warwick or LBS.

Profile: 4 yrs of working experience by Sep 2010. 3 yrs as an analyst with a global bank and 1 yr as a portfolio manager. Average GPA but plenty of extra curriculum activities.

<blockquote>
Hi,

</blockquote>

I applied without GMAT. My reluctance to take GMAT was one of the reasons why I did not apply to certain schools like Warwick or LBS.

Profile: 4 yrs of working experience by Sep 2010. 3 yrs as an analyst with a global bank and 1 yr as a portfolio manager. Average GPA but plenty of extra curriculum activities.

I have a similar kind of profile. 4 years of work experience by April 2010.have also worked for my community and other non-profit organizations.

I just got to hear some rumors about the school.Not sure whether to rely on tht. I will send by application within 2 days and then decide.

Anyways thanks...

I have a similar kind of profile. 4 years of work experience by April 2010.have also worked for my community and other non-profit organizations.

I just got to hear some rumors about the school.Not sure whether to rely on tht. I will send by application within 2 days and then decide.

Anyways thanks...

Anyways thanks...

What kind of rumours? Can PM me. Thanks.

<blockquote>I have a similar kind of profile. 4 years of work experience by April 2010.have also worked for my community and other non-profit organizations.

Anyways thanks...</blockquote>

What kind of rumours? Can PM me. Thanks.
donho199

you guys need to read previous posts of people who have real first hand experience from Durham MBA to get a true picture of this institution.

Many quit after a few weeks

you guys need to read previous posts of people who have real first hand experience from Durham MBA to get a true picture of this institution.

dulsban

Hi
Can you please point us to one such post? All the posts that mention negativity of Durham says that there is a "rumor" about the school. I haven't seen any post from some one with real experience of the school.
It would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
Anirban

Hi
Can you please point us to one such post? All the posts that mention negativity of Durham says that there is a "rumor" about the school. I haven't seen any post from some one with real experience of the school.
It would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
Anirban

I believe this is what you wrote at another topic. You mind elaborating further....

Let me warn you that Durham MBA has got bad feedback recently. a few left the batch after 2 3 weeks. the ranking was so high due to past not current performance. And this year they seem to accept far too many students.

Also if you want to work in finance durham abandoned their finance mba already. if you want to concentrate on finance then you have to study online courses which is not what most ppl looking for.

Again the situation could be pretty bad anywhere. 2 or 3 lead lecturers left and the quality is down, the problem with the funding and suddenly a lot of facilities could be dropped

<blockquote>you guys need to read previous posts of people who have real first hand experience from Durham MBA to get a true picture of this institution.

Many quit after a few weeks</blockquote>

I believe this is what you wrote at another topic. You mind elaborating further....

<blockquote> Let me warn you that Durham MBA has got bad feedback recently. a few left the batch after 2 3 weeks. the ranking was so high due to past not current performance. And this year they seem to accept far too many students.

Also if you want to work in finance durham abandoned their finance mba already. if you want to concentrate on finance then you have to study online courses which is not what most ppl looking for.

Again the situation could be pretty bad anywhere. 2 or 3 lead lecturers left and the quality is down, the problem with the funding and suddenly a lot of facilities could be dropped </blockquote>

Anyway, I found a review on Durham MBA on pagalguy.com. A current student wrote the following, looks positive to me.

January 17, 2010.

I am currently studying at Durham Business School for my MBA; 2009-2010.
This Post is for all those guys who are mailing me and need some info.
Kindly note: This post is mainly with respect to the following questions:
1. Should I study MBA at UK or USA or elsewhere?
2. Is 1 year MBA better than 2 years MBA program? is it worth it?
3. Can I do Part-time jobs while studying at Durham or any top MBA progs at UK.
4. How can I repay the bank loan and EMIs?
5. Jobs in UK after an MBA from UK, esp from not the top-5 ranked B-schools.

(Durham 2009 intake - Help needed)

Orkut community:
orkut -

Firstly all the best for your MBA applications and GMAT exam. My friends and me have posted lots of things on this Pagalguy forum. Kindly go through them right from page 1 till the last.. You should get an entire picture about Durham MBA from it.And that Orkut community link is: After getting into Durham MBA, We all shifted to that Orkut community.
Unlike most of top ranked Universities which accept any kind of work-experience, Durham is a bit strict on managerial-level work-experience!

The program is nice, Value for Money. An intense- 1 year course, in which you might hardly find time to breath and relax.Good lectures,latest case-studies, interactive sessions, guest lectures..A nice package with a great University reputation.

Place: Durham is a county and a great place to study(and drink-drink and drink)..Rich English culture!! Not too many shopping centres and city life.By 5pm all shops will closed. UK is its an expensive place.Right from one loaf of bread costing you £1,sandwitch £4; to cheapest spectacles costing you not less than £150. Otherwise, in short, its a nice place to relax, study and take a break, questioning yourself, priorities and values.

Durham Alumni and Mentor system is very much helpfull throughout the studies and guess in furthur too. I am constantly in touch with my mentor and Alumni, who guides me everytime with valuable points and suggestions. And those of whome who think that it will fetch you a job? hahahaha,LOL!, No, it doesnt work that way! Its just purely networking! Thats it! They might give you suggestions and recommendations, but NOT any job after your studies.LOL!

I heard rumours that Durham for this year's intake might ask for a GMAT scores.and Durham is really climbing up the ranking. I am sure it is going to hit highest rankings and recognitions with 2 or maxi 3 years.
if you want latest rankings, As of latest- year 2010 rankings.
On an average of all rankings
Durham UNIVERSITY is among top-9 UNIVERSITIES in UK.

As of latest- year 2010 rankings, On an average, Durham MBA program is among:
Top-10 in UK.
Top-20 in Europe; and
Top-50 in the World.

1 year MBA is majorly for people who wants to stay in their present industry and require an vertical positional hike. It is not meant for people who look for a career change or a detailed MBA study.
And for US and Canada yes its 2 year program.There are many giving you 1 year as well.And FYI, dont think that all these guys go to US's top B-schools because they got 40-70 Lakhs to spare or roll. All matters is if for first 6 months can you shell out from your pocket.Which will be the same amount that an year's living expense in UK without doing part-times would cost you. In US,after 6 months, 95% guys i know, have found part-times,(and in UK 95% have not).
Moreover, 2 year MBA program is relaxed.You will have ample time to do part-time jobs and understand the subjects in detail, and most of them provide interships during the last year.

Abstract from a reply I sent few days back, answering her questions:

************* Mail*************
"try to be career focussed in life..make sure you have an aim in life: to get into top b-schools in the world! anyways you are going to spend lakhs and 1 or 2 years of you life..why not to the best?? work towards it. Not always, but Chopras consultancies and others have misguided lots of my friends. they are very much biased and always play safe to increase they reputation or commissions. and talk in very genuine and convincing ways..even small issues, they mis-guide the candidates always! if you have time so that you can wait for an year, dont waste ur money and time.. do your GMAT preprations, get best scores, with that apply top top b-schools. any b-school ranked within top 35 in the World acc to FT rankings should be fine..

1) What kind of part time jobs you can expect and in how many months?
No part-times available in UK right now..nor in near future of 1+years..unless you are very lucky.. moreover, if you doing MBA in top Univs, including from Durham, forget Part-times, you wont find time to even breath. So forget Part-times while doing from top -schools in UK..maybe U can do while studying in USA' top b-schools..

2) What is the present job scenario in UK.. Since I would be graduating in 2011 what could I expect with my kinda previous job profile

No jobs so far.. previous cohort are still searching for it..hardly 2-3 few got placed..and that too it was based on their previous jobs.and in your case, since you are from India its difficutl..while in 2011, i dont think it will be favourable in UK/EU..in US, yes, you will..i know lots of cases within this year itself..btw, new restrictions on IT workers on-sites to even MNC!
3) What internships can you expect.. Are you in any internship and how about getting permanent thru the same company...

Internships?? its just 1.5 months of business project..that all..In LBS and Manchester b-school i think you have longer ones..After your studies,you can apply fro internships..again,You must be lucky..yet again, it easier, and happens in US... or few cases from top 5 B-schools in UK..
See buddy,it doesnt work that way in UK..please dont go with false pictures and dreams given by ur friends or consultancies..it was like that ages back..not since past 2 years..and infuture its going to get tougher for International students!

Study in any top b-schools in US..what you asked is all possible..atleast a 50%+ chance.. even if you study in top 5 in UK, you would find it difficult to get a part-time, and time to do it..and even if u do it, it will just cover your basic living expenses.Ok, its true that If its MBA from top 5-b schools in UK, you would get internships..but in majority of cases it doesnt get confirmed to a permanent job, no matter how best you perform.

Sorry to not give u glossy pictures..i have just written the facts..if u have time, prepare for GMAT and get in good b-schools in US.. else, try for best ones in UK..else try at Durham..and if not able to get to Durham, rest in the list..

if you have personal issues with finances/money, dont come to UK.. Goto US.. trust me on that!

*************END of Mail*************

Budget-wise, it is the main issue..even £1 or $1 counts. But if you have a good GMAT score, most of top Universities give u upto 50%scholarship on tuition fees.
EMI is the main factor, when it comes to MBA studies in UK.It is nearly impossible to pay that much EMIs unless you have savings or heavily paid jobs. If going back to your present industry after studies, will fetch you with designation hike as well as huge pay, and someone can guarantee you that, like your reporting head or anyone, then do come for UK MBA.

Think about it.You have all the answers within urself. My above said scattered infos might help you to make a decission. And taking 20-25 lakhs loan from the bank, and paying nearly INR 35K EMI after studying,thinking you will find a job in UK within 1 year after your studies, is NOT HAPPENING! its just a myth. or say, you should be really damn lucky. as well might try lucky-draws!

Friend, IF the total fees including living expense of the MBA program is coming upto, say, 25 Lakhs, and you have atleast upto 15Lakhs saving in urs or parents/anyone close and then if you could take 10 Lakhs loan from bank, it should work out. any 1 year top MBA should work out if you have finances in that denomination.

Learn to Prioritize!
This is what We all did: take a pen and paper! it might sound stupidity, but trust me,it works!! Jot things down.prioritize, and then conclude. I am sure you can do it. Later stick and focus on to exactly what you have concluded.

All the best,
BrijuKB

Anyway, I found a review on Durham MBA on pagalguy.com. A current student wrote the following, looks positive to me.

January 17, 2010.

I am currently studying at Durham Business School for my MBA; 2009-2010.
This Post is for all those guys who are mailing me and need some info.
Kindly note: This post is mainly with respect to the following questions:
1. Should I study MBA at UK or USA or elsewhere?
2. Is 1 year MBA better than 2 years MBA program? is it worth it?
3. Can I do Part-time jobs while studying at Durham or any top MBA progs at UK.
4. How can I repay the bank loan and EMIs?
5. Jobs in UK after an MBA from UK, esp from not the top-5 ranked B-schools.

(Durham 2009 intake - Help needed)

Orkut community:
orkut -

Firstly all the best for your MBA applications and GMAT exam. My friends and me have posted lots of things on this Pagalguy forum. Kindly go through them right from page 1 till the last.. You should get an entire picture about Durham MBA from it.And that Orkut community link is: After getting into Durham MBA, We all shifted to that Orkut community.
Unlike most of top ranked Universities which accept any kind of work-experience, Durham is a bit strict on managerial-level work-experience!

The program is nice, Value for Money. An intense- 1 year course, in which you might hardly find time to breath and relax.Good lectures,latest case-studies, interactive sessions, guest lectures..A nice package with a great University reputation.

Place: Durham is a county and a great place to study(and drink-drink and drink)..Rich English culture!! Not too many shopping centres and city life.By 5pm all shops will closed. UK is its an expensive place.Right from one loaf of bread costing you £1,sandwitch £4; to cheapest spectacles costing you not less than £150. Otherwise, in short, its a nice place to relax, study and take a break, questioning yourself, priorities and values.

Durham Alumni and Mentor system is very much helpfull throughout the studies and guess in furthur too. I am constantly in touch with my mentor and Alumni, who guides me everytime with valuable points and suggestions. And those of whome who think that it will fetch you a job? hahahaha,LOL!, No, it doesnt work that way! Its just purely networking! Thats it! They might give you suggestions and recommendations, but NOT any job after your studies.LOL!

I heard rumours that Durham for this year's intake might ask for a GMAT scores.and Durham is really climbing up the ranking. I am sure it is going to hit highest rankings and recognitions with 2 or maxi 3 years.
if you want latest rankings, As of latest- year 2010 rankings.
On an average of all rankings
Durham UNIVERSITY is among top-9 UNIVERSITIES in UK.

As of latest- year 2010 rankings, On an average, Durham MBA program is among:
Top-10 in UK.
Top-20 in Europe; and
Top-50 in the World.

1 year MBA is majorly for people who wants to stay in their present industry and require an vertical positional hike. It is not meant for people who look for a career change or a detailed MBA study.
And for US and Canada yes its 2 year program.There are many giving you 1 year as well.And FYI, dont think that all these guys go to US's top B-schools because they got 40-70 Lakhs to spare or roll. All matters is if for first 6 months can you shell out from your pocket.Which will be the same amount that an year's living expense in UK without doing part-times would cost you. In US,after 6 months, 95% guys i know, have found part-times,(and in UK 95% have not).
Moreover, 2 year MBA program is relaxed.You will have ample time to do part-time jobs and understand the subjects in detail, and most of them provide interships during the last year.

Abstract from a reply I sent few days back, answering her questions:

************* Mail*************
"try to be career focussed in life..make sure you have an aim in life: to get into top b-schools in the world! anyways you are going to spend lakhs and 1 or 2 years of you life..why not to the best?? work towards it. Not always, but Chopras consultancies and others have misguided lots of my friends. they are very much biased and always play safe to increase they reputation or commissions. and talk in very genuine and convincing ways..even small issues, they mis-guide the candidates always! if you have time so that you can wait for an year, dont waste ur money and time.. do your GMAT preprations, get best scores, with that apply top top b-schools. any b-school ranked within top 35 in the World acc to FT rankings should be fine..

1) What kind of part time jobs you can expect and in how many months?
No part-times available in UK right now..nor in near future of 1+years..unless you are very lucky.. moreover, if you doing MBA in top Univs, including from Durham, forget Part-times, you wont find time to even breath. So forget Part-times while doing from top -schools in UK..maybe U can do while studying in USA' top b-schools..

2) What is the present job scenario in UK.. Since I would be graduating in 2011 what could I expect with my kinda previous job profile

No jobs so far.. previous cohort are still searching for it..hardly 2-3 few got placed..and that too it was based on their previous jobs.and in your case, since you are from India its difficutl..while in 2011, i dont think it will be favourable in UK/EU..in US, yes, you will..i know lots of cases within this year itself..btw, new restrictions on IT workers on-sites to even MNC!
3) What internships can you expect.. Are you in any internship and how about getting permanent thru the same company...

Internships?? its just 1.5 months of business project..that all..In LBS and Manchester b-school i think you have longer ones..After your studies,you can apply fro internships..again,You must be lucky..yet again, it easier, and happens in US... or few cases from top 5 B-schools in UK..
See buddy,it doesnt work that way in UK..please dont go with false pictures and dreams given by ur friends or consultancies..it was like that ages back..not since past 2 years..and infuture its going to get tougher for International students!

Study in any top b-schools in US..what you asked is all possible..atleast a 50%+ chance.. even if you study in top 5 in UK, you would find it difficult to get a part-time, and time to do it..and even if u do it, it will just cover your basic living expenses.Ok, its true that If its MBA from top 5-b schools in UK, you would get internships..but in majority of cases it doesnt get confirmed to a permanent job, no matter how best you perform.

Sorry to not give u glossy pictures..i have just written the facts..if u have time, prepare for GMAT and get in good b-schools in US.. else, try for best ones in UK..else try at Durham..and if not able to get to Durham, rest in the list..

if you have personal issues with finances/money, dont come to UK.. Goto US.. trust me on that!

*************END of Mail*************

Budget-wise, it is the main issue..even £1 or $1 counts. But if you have a good GMAT score, most of top Universities give u upto 50%scholarship on tuition fees.
EMI is the main factor, when it comes to MBA studies in UK.It is nearly impossible to pay that much EMIs unless you have savings or heavily paid jobs. If going back to your present industry after studies, will fetch you with designation hike as well as huge pay, and someone can guarantee you that, like your reporting head or anyone, then do come for UK MBA.

Think about it.You have all the answers within urself. My above said scattered infos might help you to make a decission. And taking 20-25 lakhs loan from the bank, and paying nearly INR 35K EMI after studying,thinking you will find a job in UK within 1 year after your studies, is NOT HAPPENING! its just a myth. or say, you should be really damn lucky. as well might try lucky-draws!

Friend, IF the total fees including living expense of the MBA program is coming upto, say, 25 Lakhs, and you have atleast upto 15Lakhs saving in urs or parents/anyone close and then if you could take 10 Lakhs loan from bank, it should work out. any 1 year top MBA should work out if you have finances in that denomination.

Learn to Prioritize!
This is what We all did: take a pen and paper! it might sound stupidity, but trust me,it works!! Jot things down.prioritize, and then conclude. I am sure you can do it. Later stick and focus on to exactly what you have concluded.

All the best,
BrijuKB
ArunS

Some more info: http://www.find-mba.com/board/13156/1#post-13519

-----------
anonymous - Strathclyde, Bath, Henley, Durham, Aston - let's compare
Today, 12:30 AM
Dear Mitesh,

I'm current Durham MBA student for 2009 - 2010, There's only one person leave our cohort since he's got a job as a regional director in Asia-Oceania...in the beginning of our class.

The fact that Durham the cohort size this year is larger compared to previous is true...but it's purely about the current economic situation...that force the school to seeking for an additional revenue...

So it's totally for you to decide whether you are interesting in "Research Based" sort of studying or not? If not, just forget about UK...and go to US...

Cheers,

Some more info: http://www.find-mba.com/board/13156/1#post-13519

-----------
anonymous - Strathclyde, Bath, Henley, Durham, Aston - let's compare
Today, 12:30 AM
Dear Mitesh,

I'm current Durham MBA student for 2009 - 2010, There's only one person leave our cohort since he's got a job as a regional director in Asia-Oceania...in the beginning of our class.

The fact that Durham the cohort size this year is larger compared to previous is true...but it's purely about the current economic situation...that force the school to seeking for an additional revenue...

So it's totally for you to decide whether you are interesting in "Research Based" sort of studying or not? If not, just forget about UK...and go to US...

Cheers,

If you have been surfing Businessweek and Financial Times websites, you might notice Durham's advertisements on them. To me, this is a good sign that Durham is actually being proactive in promoting and increasing awareness of its business school.

Let me explain....I would think many of us have never heard of the top schools in UK except Oxbridge before we started on our research. In order to attract higher caliber students, Durham definitely has to increase the students' awareness of its MBA program. Putting money and effort into advertising is one method. Higher caliber students would in turn get better jobs and become stronger alumni. Their higher salaries and success (after graduation) would add additional points to Durham's rankings in the future. There is a loop effect as well.

Understand that this process takes time and is not going to produce success overnight. FT Global MBA rankings (just released) place Durham at 74 for 2010, up 6 places from 2009. Its a possibility and should be a target for Durham to move into and maintain within top 50 of FT rankings in 3-5 years times (closer to the ranks of Imperial, Manchester and Warwick). Till then, I can say I have gotten good value out of the 19k GBP tuition fees.

If you have been surfing Businessweek and Financial Times websites, you might notice Durham's advertisements on them. To me, this is a good sign that Durham is actually being proactive in promoting and increasing awareness of its business school.

Let me explain....I would think many of us have never heard of the top schools in UK except Oxbridge before we started on our research. In order to attract higher caliber students, Durham definitely has to increase the students' awareness of its MBA program. Putting money and effort into advertising is one method. Higher caliber students would in turn get better jobs and become stronger alumni. Their higher salaries and success (after graduation) would add additional points to Durham's rankings in the future. There is a loop effect as well.

Understand that this process takes time and is not going to produce success overnight. FT Global MBA rankings (just released) place Durham at 74 for 2010, up 6 places from 2009. Its a possibility and should be a target for Durham to move into and maintain within top 50 of FT rankings in 3-5 years times (closer to the ranks of Imperial, Manchester and Warwick). Till then, I can say I have gotten good value out of the 19k GBP tuition fees.
dulsban

Have you received any scholarship offer?
I have received an interview invitation from the school. It would be great if you can share your interview experience.

I have received an interview invitation from the school. It would be great if you can share your interview experience.

By the way, I've accepted the offer. I was told the scholarship panel has not met yet.

You can take these questions as a reference.
- Describe my organization and what it does/strength/value etc
- Current economic scene and how long do you think it will last.
- Why MBA/now/Durham/long term goals.
- Explain your work and the challenges you face.
- Strengths/ weaknesses
- How u finance the program

<blockquote>Have you received any scholarship offer?
I have received an interview invitation from the school. It would be great if you can share your interview experience.</blockquote>

By the way, I've accepted the offer. I was told the scholarship panel has not met yet.

You can take these questions as a reference.
- Describe my organization and what it does/strength/value etc
- Current economic scene and how long do you think it will last.
- Why MBA/now/Durham/long term goals.
- Explain your work and the challenges you face.
- Strengths/ weaknesses
- How u finance the program
dulsban

Hey Thanks! Appreciate it!

Congratulations for accepting the offer from one of the best Universities in the world! You are right about the upward trend of the schools global ratings. It's improving every year.
With rich heritage, excellent reputation, triple accreditation and affordable fees you can't be very wrong on this one.
Good choice!

-Anirban

Hey Thanks! Appreciate it!

Congratulations for accepting the offer from one of the best Universities in the world! You are right about the upward trend of the schools global ratings. It's improving every year.
With rich heritage, excellent reputation, triple accreditation and affordable fees you can't be very wrong on this one.
Good choice!

-Anirban
dulsban

BTW, did you get an opportunity to talk to a current student or alumni?
I am curious about their career services.
The distance of Durham from the finace capital of the country might pose a hindrance towards job availability. Would be a good idea to know what are the steps taken by the univ to mitigate this issue?
Did you get your 1000 GBP fee waiver, as promised?

The distance of Durham from the finace capital of the country might pose a hindrance towards job availability. Would be a good idea to know what are the steps taken by the univ to mitigate this issue?

The 1000GBP is early bird fee discount. As long as u accept their offer before April 2010, you are entitled to the discount.

Their employment numbers (3 months after graduation) for the 2009 batch looks good. But i did not investigate. Why don't you ask them during your interview and let us know.

Job availability varies among different students. It depends on the student's previous experience and character - whether the student is motivated or resourceful enough not to over-rely on the career service office to look for jobs.

<blockquote>BTW, did you get an opportunity to talk to a current student or alumni?
Did you get your 1000 GBP fee waiver, as promised?</blockquote>

The 1000GBP is early bird fee discount. As long as u accept their offer before April 2010, you are entitled to the discount.

Their employment numbers (3 months after graduation) for the 2009 batch looks good. But i did not investigate. Why don't you ask them during your interview and let us know.

Job availability varies among different students. It depends on the student's previous experience and character - whether the student is motivated or resourceful enough not to over-rely on the career service office to look for jobs.
dulsban

Yeah, I'll ask about that during my interview.

When you talk about resourcefulness for getting jobs, is it expected that overseas students will have contacts in UK for jobs? Does it not sound too much to ask for? Well, even people with years of experience in good managerial positions can atmost aim to come back to their own country and take up a job there. But wouldn't that make paying the loan EMI real difficult if you are from an Asian country where GBP is at least 70 times your national currency?
Just my 2 cents worth :-)

Thanks
Anirban

When you talk about resourcefulness for getting jobs, is it expected that overseas students will have contacts in UK for jobs? Does it not sound too much to ask for? Well, even people with years of experience in good managerial positions can atmost aim to come back to their own country and take up a job there. But wouldn't that make paying the loan EMI real difficult if you are from an Asian country where GBP is at least 70 times your national currency?

Thanks
Anirban

Thanks
Anirban

What I meant by resourcefulness is going to jobs websites to look for openings/ write in to companies/ talk to alumni or friends in UK instead of relying on Career services to spoonfeed you. Don't be surprised that some folks believe its the school's responsibility to get them a job after graduation. They are that "motivated".

Servicing a tuition loan is the price to pay for enrolling in ANY education. Whether or not you prefer to remain in UK after graduation is definitely your choice. Some folks take this opportunity as a door to a career in UK, while some people just want to have a foreign experience and return to their comfort zone after graduation.

Of course if your aim is to stay in UK to work, you should prepare yourself for the worst given how bad the global economy is right now. On a positive note, the 2010 batch will graduate towards start-2012 which should provide 2 years for the UK economy to recover and also 2012 Olympics games in UK. Lastly, from now till September, you have 9 months to decide if the market conditions have improved enough for you to go to UK ultimately.

P.S: Geez, I am starting to sound like a career counsellor...

<blockquote>Yeah, I'll ask about that during my interview.

Thanks
Anirban</blockquote>

What I meant by resourcefulness is going to jobs websites to look for openings/ write in to companies/ talk to alumni or friends in UK instead of relying on Career services to spoonfeed you. Don't be surprised that some folks believe its the school's responsibility to get them a job after graduation. They are that "motivated".

Servicing a tuition loan is the price to pay for enrolling in ANY education. Whether or not you prefer to remain in UK after graduation is definitely your choice. Some folks take this opportunity as a door to a career in UK, while some people just want to have a foreign experience and return to their comfort zone after graduation.

Of course if your aim is to stay in UK to work, you should prepare yourself for the worst given how bad the global economy is right now. On a positive note, the 2010 batch will graduate towards start-2012 which should provide 2 years for the UK economy to recover and also 2012 Olympics games in UK. Lastly, from now till September, you have 9 months to decide if the market conditions have improved enough for you to go to UK ultimately.

SabrinaA

Read Financial Times, my friend....

<blockquote>
P.S: Geez, I am starting to sound like a career counsellor... </blockquote>

Read Financial Times, my friend....
dulsban

Hi Nes,

How'bt some pointers? Is there anything in particular you have read that gives us an idea of what to expect in UK economy for the coming couple of years?
Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Anirban

Hi Nes,

How'bt some pointers? Is there anything in particular you have read that gives us an idea of what to expect in UK economy for the coming couple of years?
Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Anirban

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions

Hot Discussions