Durham Global MBA - price increase

jameswtc

I've just received an offer for Durham Global MBA for September 2013 intake. To my surprise, the fees for the Global MBA has increased steeply from £14,500 to £19,000, as compared to the last time I checked last year when I did my research on MBA programme.

The reason I chose Durham is the fact that I love the long standing academic tradition of the university itself - I'd be proud to call myself an alumni of Durham University. I also understand that MBA in Durham is more academic in nature but this is fine for me since I enjoy doing research.

However, with the price hike, does the Durham MBA justify its cost now since it places itself on par with Warwick DL MBA price-wise, which is much better in ranking.

I've just received an offer for Durham Global MBA for September 2013 intake. To my surprise, the fees for the Global MBA has increased steeply from £14,500 to £19,000, as compared to the last time I checked last year when I did my research on MBA programme.

The reason I chose Durham is the fact that I love the long standing academic tradition of the university itself - I'd be proud to call myself an alumni of Durham University. I also understand that MBA in Durham is more academic in nature but this is fine for me since I enjoy doing research.

However, with the price hike, does the Durham MBA justify its cost now since it places itself on par with Warwick DL MBA price-wise, which is much better in ranking.
Mamit

19 K is too high for a DL MBA. I dont think its worth the money they are charging.

19 K is too high for a DL MBA. I dont think its worth the money they are charging.
Duncan

Well, the Net Present Value of an MBA is going to be much more than 19K. The average age is 33, and if the average retirement age is 65, then that means that an MBA won't produce on average more than an extra 600 a year in salary. I'm sure that most MBAs produce more lift than that.

Also, we have to realise that Durham is in a very small niche of triple-accredited non-MBA DL MBAs with minimum attendance from an unimpeachable bricks and mortar university. Actually, I think they could add a lot of quality to their MBA and not reduce gross income: I don't think their numbers would fall by a quarter, especially if they invested the extra income in communication with students, better marketing and stronger services for alumni.

Well, the Net Present Value of an MBA is going to be much more than 19K. The average age is 33, and if the average retirement age is 65, then that means that an MBA won't produce on average more than an extra 600 a year in salary. I'm sure that most MBAs produce more lift than that.

Also, we have to realise that Durham is in a very small niche of triple-accredited non-MBA DL MBAs with minimum attendance from an unimpeachable bricks and mortar university. Actually, I think they could add a lot of quality to their MBA and not reduce gross income: I don't think their numbers would fall by a quarter, especially if they invested the extra income in communication with students, better marketing and stronger services for alumni.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions

Hot Discussions