Current UK Visa Situation?

Anybody know if there's been any changes to the visa situation in the UK? I want to do my MBA there but I am not sure it's a good idea if I can't get a work visa after I graduate...

Anybody know if there's been any changes to the visa situation in the UK? I want to do my MBA there but I am not sure it's a good idea if I can't get a work visa after I graduate...
Arman93

There is a list of 200 companies that could sponsor you at UK in extending visa, as I know. If your program is one academic year, most probably your student visa will be for 15 months( and 30 for two years program). You could try to find job in the companies of the list during that addition period in your visa. Nevertheless, it is quite difficult. Try to contact UK visa and immigration for more information.
Good luck!

There is a list of 200 companies that could sponsor you at UK in extending visa, as I know. If your program is one academic year, most probably your student visa will be for 15 months( and 30 for two years program). You could try to find job in the companies of the list during that addition period in your visa. Nevertheless, it is quite difficult. Try to contact UK visa and immigration for more information.
Good luck!
Inactive User

If I recall correctly you have to have a job lined up by graduation, since the company have to sponsor your work visa. Because once your student visa expires, there's no longer a mechanism to have an extension or a way to otherwise keep it while you look for work, as there is in say, Canada.

I would ask the schools that you are looking at for more info.

If I recall correctly you have to have a job lined up by graduation, since the company have to sponsor your work visa. Because once your student visa expires, there's no longer a mechanism to have an extension or a way to otherwise keep it while you look for work, as there is in say, Canada.

I would ask the schools that you are looking at for more info.

Thanks to you both for the advice. Does anybody know the schools that have recruiting relationships with the companies that sponsor international visas? I was looking at Cambridge and Oxford, but if there schools where it's easier to connect with companies, I would be interested in hearing about them.

Thanks to you both for the advice. Does anybody know the schools that have recruiting relationships with the companies that sponsor international visas? I was looking at Cambridge and Oxford, but if there schools where it's easier to connect with companies, I would be interested in hearing about them.
Duncan

Since most MBA students in the UK are from outside the EU, any business school with good placement will have good relationships with visa sponsors. Take a look at the international mobility score in the FT ranking.

To correct one mistaken statement: There are many more than 200 employers able to sponsor visas; there are well over 25,000 firms able to sponsor Tier 2 General visas. The list itself is over 1,500 pages long (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers).

Since most MBA students in the UK are from outside the EU, any business school with good placement will have good relationships with visa sponsors. Take a look at the international mobility score in the FT ranking.

To correct one mistaken statement: There are many more than 200 employers able to sponsor visas; there are well over 25,000 firms able to sponsor Tier 2 General visas. The list itself is over 1,500 pages long (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers).

Thanks. Just FYI for anybody else interested, here are the 10 best UK MBA programs in terms of international mobility (according to the FT)

London Business School
Hult
Cranfield
Cambridge
Oxford
Manchester
Strathclyde
Warwick
Cass
Lancaster

Thanks. Just FYI for anybody else interested, here are the 10 best UK MBA programs in terms of international mobility (according to the FT)

London Business School
Hult
Cranfield
Cambridge
Oxford
Manchester
Strathclyde
Warwick
Cass
Lancaster
Duncan

Hult is not a UK MBA; The school is headquartered in Boston; the second largest MBA campus is, I think, San Francisco.

Hult is not a UK MBA; The school is headquartered in Boston; the second largest MBA campus is, I think, San Francisco.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.
Alain

I think San Francisco is actually Hult's largest campus: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/7224471

I think San Francisco is actually Hult's largest campus: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/7224471

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 277 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 53 Followers 289 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

UK Visa Issues: Staying in the Country After an MBA

Article Nov 24, 2015

Experts predicted in 2012 that the UK's stricter post-study visa requirements would discourage international students from applying to British schools. Three years later, have those predictions come true?