Cranfield MBA 2015

nc5959

Duncan,

I have been offered an admission at Cranfield School of Managmnet MBA(Starting sept 2015). Wanted your suggestions on Cranfield. Below is my profile snapshot.

Indian, IT, Male 27 years, Working as Software Engineer with Top IT firm, 4 years experience. Looking to switch domain to either consulting or Finance.

Also just got a rejection mail form Oxford (said) and i got dinged by Cambridge last year, so these options are ruled out. LBS is way out of reach for me.

So should i opt for cranfield or look for other options. My preferred location is UK. Since iam an Indian, IT, Male, what will be my chances at HKUST?

Please suggest

Duncan,

I have been offered an admission at Cranfield School of Managmnet MBA(Starting sept 2015). Wanted your suggestions on Cranfield. Below is my profile snapshot.

Indian, IT, Male 27 years, Working as Software Engineer with Top IT firm, 4 years experience. Looking to switch domain to either consulting or Finance.

Also just got a rejection mail form Oxford (said) and i got dinged by Cambridge last year, so these options are ruled out. LBS is way out of reach for me.

So should i opt for cranfield or look for other options. My preferred location is UK. Since iam an Indian, IT, Male, what will be my chances at HKUST?

Please suggest
ralph

Your chances at HKUST will depend on your GMAT score.

But if your preferred location is the UK, I don't think that HKUST will help you very much there.

In the FT ranking, Cranfield ranks second among UK schools in terms of international mobility, so I'd assume that it's reasonably successful in placing international students in UK-based jobs. Networking during the program will be key though.

But if your preferred location is the UK, I don't think that HKUST will help you very much there.

In the FT ranking, Cranfield ranks second among UK schools in terms of international mobility, so I'd assume that it's reasonably successful in placing international students in UK-based jobs. Networking during the program will be key though.
nc5959

Thanks Ralph. I still have 10 months to go before the start of the MBA program, so in your opinion, what degree courses shall I opt so that it could be useful for me in the MBA program. I have heard a lot of 6 months or less , courses that focuses on the MBA circular itself. Also what about pre MBA internship. Does company offer them these days? Sorry mate I have asked so many questions.

[quote]Your chances at HKUST will depend on your GMAT score.
In the FT ranking, Cranfield ranks second among UK schools in terms of international mobility, so I'd assume that it's reasonably successful in placing international students in UK-based jobs. Networking during the program will be key though.[/quote] Thanks Ralph. I still have 10 months to go before the start of the MBA program, so in your opinion, what degree courses shall I opt so that it could be useful for me in the MBA program. I have heard a lot of 6 months or less , courses that focuses on the MBA circular itself. Also what about pre MBA internship. Does company offer them these days? Sorry mate I have asked so many questions.
ralph

I guess it depends on what you're looking for and what skills you think you need to work on before you start. Why not ask the school what they think? I've not heard of pre-MBA internships, except at highly competitive companies like Bain and Deloitte where they want to give you a chance to prove yourself.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for and what skills you think you need to work on before you start. Why not ask the school what they think? I've not heard of pre-MBA internships, except at highly competitive companies like Bain and Deloitte where they want to give you a chance to prove yourself.

Hi nc5959,

Even I have the offer at Cranfield MBA. Duncan could you please shed some light on the program. My profile is below

6 years work Exp. IT, Male.

I am looking to change domain to Consulting/Finance. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi nc5959,

Even I have the offer at Cranfield MBA. Duncan could you please shed some light on the program. My profile is below

I am looking to change domain to Consulting/Finance. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
nc5959

Hi nc5959,

Thanks

Hi Wouldbecrazy2014.

I am still contemplating whether to join Cranfield. Tried to use Duncan approach by using LinkedIn, found relatively less Alumni for the MBA program. Still the program is Ok I guess, and next year Cranfield will have a new Dean. Rest still researching, but i would request Duncan or other people to please comment on the program Itself.

Send you a private message.

[quote]Hi nc5959,

Thanks[/quote]

Hi Wouldbecrazy2014.

I am still contemplating whether to join Cranfield. Tried to use Duncan approach by using LinkedIn, found relatively less Alumni for the MBA program. Still the program is Ok I guess, and next year Cranfield will have a new Dean. Rest still researching, but i would request Duncan or other people to please comment on the program Itself.

Hi nc5959,

Thanks

Hi Wouldbecrazy2014.

Hi nc5959,

Received your message. Yeah I guess the new dean might make some changes in the program. I heard he did his MBA from Harvard and was working with IMD. Have high hopes from him as well. Still Cranfield ranks 46 in FT, 53 in Economist. But in 2010 Cranfield ranked 29. I guess the recession hit them hard as well.

Good to know someone else has Cranfield Offer. Lets wait for other people to chip in with their reviews about Cranfield MBA.

Cheers Mate.

[quote][quote]Hi nc5959,

Thanks[/quote]

Hi Wouldbecrazy2014.

Send you a private message.[/quote]

Hi nc5959,

Received your message. Yeah I guess the new dean might make some changes in the program. I heard he did his MBA from Harvard and was working with IMD. Have high hopes from him as well. Still Cranfield ranks 46 in FT, 53 in Economist. But in 2010 Cranfield ranked 29. I guess the recession hit them hard as well.

Good to know someone else has Cranfield Offer. Lets wait for other people to chip in with their reviews about Cranfield MBA.

Cheers Mate.

Cranfield is a good university, I would go for it definitely.

Cranfield is a good university, I would go for it definitely.
nc5959

Duncan, Could you please share your thoughts on Cranfield MBA?

Duncan, Could you please share your thoughts on Cranfield MBA?
ralph

You know that you can hire Duncan to help you, right?

http://find-mba.com/about/duncan

You know that you can hire Duncan to help you, right?

http://find-mba.com/about/duncan
Duncan

I think Cranfield is fairly well described by the comments on this website and by its rankings. If you don't have a specific question that can be answered by the six-line height of this box I am typing in, then I suggest you read through that. You can even search for Duncan AND Cranfield if you want my opinion. It's a great place. I went there when I was shopping around for MBAs, and then again then I was applying to doctoral programmes.

I think Cranfield is fairly well described by the comments on this website and by its rankings. If you don't have a specific question that can be answered by the six-line height of this box I am typing in, then I suggest you read through that. You can even search for Duncan AND Cranfield if you want my opinion. It's a great place. I went there when I was shopping around for MBAs, and then again then I was applying to doctoral programmes.
mistermark

Hi nc5959,

Thanks

Hi Wouldbecrazy2014.

The Cranfield MBA has been extensively reinvented over the past couple of years, with increased emphasis on live engagement with real businesses, which is likely to help with post-programme employment prospects, and on entrepreneurship. So I think it is unlikely to change substantially under the new Dean.

[quote][quote]Hi nc5959,

Thanks[/quote]

Hi Wouldbecrazy2014.

Send you a private message.[/quote]

The Cranfield MBA has been extensively reinvented over the past couple of years, with increased emphasis on live engagement with real businesses, which is likely to help with post-programme employment prospects, and on entrepreneurship. So I think it is unlikely to change substantially under the new Dean.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 278 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 53 Followers 290 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023