Brunel MBA or Kingston MBA

magi123

Hi everyone,

I have received full time MBA offer from Brunel and Kingston which one of those two would you recommend ?
Has anyone studied MBA in any of those universities?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hi everyone,

I have received full time MBA offer from Brunel and Kingston which one of those two would you recommend ?
Has anyone studied MBA in any of those universities?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Duncan

I'd suggest Brunel. It's an older, better established MBA (the Henley full-time MBA used to be taught at Brunel) and the business school there has grown impressively. I especially like the January start date, since that might allow a summer internship.

I'd suggest Brunel. It's an older, better established MBA (the Henley full-time MBA used to be taught at Brunel) and the business school there has grown impressively. I especially like the January start date, since that might allow a summer internship.
magi123

Thank you for your answer Duncan, i will keep it in mind would you know anything about Kingston MBA it seams to have AMBA accreditarion and quite good reviews.

Thank you for your answer Duncan, i will keep it in mind would you know anything about Kingston MBA it seams to have AMBA accreditarion and quite good reviews.
Duncan

I used to live in Kingston and have visited the university. It's one of the better former polytechnics, but it makes no claim to the sort of network and placement record of better recognised business schools.

I used to live in Kingston and have visited the university. It's one of the better former polytechnics, but it makes no claim to the sort of network and placement record of better recognised business schools.

Hi guys, My queries-worries are same with other people, thus i don`n want to start new topic.

I am 27 years old, i have 3 years experience. i was really bad student at university so i graduated with %59. after working for 3 years, i want to pursue mba but dont want to spent money for useless investment. When i have read your answers in another topic, i realized that mba in non-accredited school waste of time and money. My career goals are related with business,management,marketing in retail etc.
In that point, what i am suppose to do?
- My academic background is quite weak (%59)
- My budget is limited (12000 pound for tuition)
- I have 3 years professional experience in fashion product.

We all know that, top uni. don t accept me right now with this academic background but on the other hand, 2015/2016 is my last chance to study in abroad.
For instance, do you think International Business Management in Manchester Metropolitan Uni is better than Coventry MBA? I am giving this examples because both of them 12000pound.

[Edited by bayraktar88 on Jan 23, 2015]

Hi guys, My queries-worries are same with other people, thus i don`n want to start new topic.

I am 27 years old, i have 3 years experience. i was really bad student at university so i graduated with %59. after working for 3 years, i want to pursue mba but dont want to spent money for useless investment. When i have read your answers in another topic, i realized that mba in non-accredited school waste of time and money. My career goals are related with business,management,marketing in retail etc.
In that point, what i am suppose to do?
- My academic background is quite weak (%59)
- My budget is limited (12000 pound for tuition)
- I have 3 years professional experience in fashion product.

We all know that, top uni. don t accept me right now with this academic background but on the other hand, 2015/2016 is my last chance to study in abroad.
For instance, do you think International Business Management in Manchester Metropolitan Uni is better than Coventry MBA? I am giving this examples because both of them 12000pound.
Duncan

Yes, I think the accredited school is better for most students. For Indians 'freshers', for whom the MBA is a pre-experience degree, then I see the tempation of a course like Coventry that is designed for them.

Yes, I think the accredited school is better for most students. For Indians 'freshers', for whom the MBA is a pre-experience degree, then I see the tempation of a course like Coventry that is designed for them.

Hi Duncan,
What do you think About my case? It is obvious that i never get offer from accredited uni because of my low level Gpa and money issue. My budget is limited and i have just next year to spend in abroad. I know i want too much things but i believe that i can find appropriate option for me. Therefore,for instance, which is better? Msc marketing in Manchester Metropolitan or Coventry Mba in Marketing. Please think about just my case.

Hi Duncan,
What do you think About my case? It is obvious that i never get offer from accredited uni because of my low level Gpa and money issue. My budget is limited and i have just next year to spend in abroad. I know i want too much things but i believe that i can find appropriate option for me. Therefore,for instance, which is better? Msc marketing in Manchester Metropolitan or Coventry Mba in Marketing. Please think about just my case.
Duncan

I don't know anything about your goals or your motivation. I have a very weak undergraduate GPA, weaker than yours, and now have an MBA from London Business School. With a strong GMAT, you could get into an accredited MBA at somewhere like CNAM (very appropriate for you because it has a fashion concentration taught with a top Paris fashion business school), CEU or UC3M. Otherwise, I would consider an MSc at Aalto, Vienna, Prague or Warsaw. Spend the money you save on good gloves, language classes and a warm hat.

PS Of all of these, I personally would choose Vienna because of German's greater power as a business language. http://www.wu.ac.at/programs/master/marketing/en/

[Edited by Duncan on Jan 24, 2015]

I don't know anything about your goals or your motivation. I have a very weak undergraduate GPA, weaker than yours, and now have an MBA from London Business School. With a strong GMAT, you could get into an accredited MBA at somewhere like CNAM (very appropriate for you because it has a fashion concentration taught with a top Paris fashion business school), CEU or UC3M. Otherwise, I would consider an MSc at Aalto, Vienna, Prague or Warsaw. Spend the money you save on good gloves, language classes and a warm hat.

PS Of all of these, I personally would choose Vienna because of German's greater power as a business language. http://www.wu.ac.at/programs/master/marketing/en/

Hi Duncan,
Thank you for your feedback,you are good man.

What do you think about msc business management? What should criterias be to select university for this? For example, Manchester Metroplitan Mba program accredited in AMBA. Does it effect MMUs msc business management programme in good way?
I understood that i can enroll mba program in my country after my 35 in accredited university like KOC or Istanbul Uni but now i need to change my departmant and i have to find good master program in UK.
At the same time, i need to improve my English.

Hi Duncan,

What do you think about msc business management? What should criterias be to select university for this? For example, Manchester Metroplitan Mba program accredited in AMBA. Does it effect MMUs msc business management programme in good way?
I understood that i can enroll mba program in my country after my 35 in accredited university like KOC or Istanbul Uni but now i need to change my departmant and i have to find good master program in UK.
piet

I would apply for degrees from the University of London. Their Mscs are accredited by AMBA. I do not think the Msc from Manchester Metropolitan is accredited by AMBA. Why do you stick to MMU? Don't you know you can take exams in Turkey? Consider distance learning.
http://www.mbaworld.com/Business-Schools/Business-School-Search/Business-school-detail.aspx?s=ZL0KPDbTDXFlWsS0V2IhHD9PwQtsbylRAUmMTsKnDg9nNqO5lsJUSg%3d%3d
http://www.mbaworld.com/Business-Schools/Business-School-Search/Business-school-detail.aspx?s=h7ze0lXju6v5i7iJyMYvtj9PwQtsbylRAUmMTsKnDg9nNqO5lsJUSg%3d%3d

[Edited by piet on Jan 24, 2015]

I would apply for degrees from the University of London. Their Mscs are accredited by AMBA. I do not think the Msc from Manchester Metropolitan is accredited by AMBA. Why do you stick to MMU? Don't you know you can take exams in Turkey? Consider distance learning.
http://www.mbaworld.com/Business-Schools/Business-School-Search/Business-school-detail.aspx?s=ZL0KPDbTDXFlWsS0V2IhHD9PwQtsbylRAUmMTsKnDg9nNqO5lsJUSg%3d%3d
http://www.mbaworld.com/Business-Schools/Business-School-Search/Business-school-detail.aspx?s=h7ze0lXju6v5i7iJyMYvtj9PwQtsbylRAUmMTsKnDg9nNqO5lsJUSg%3d%3d
sts

Hi Duncan,

Hi bayraktar88,
My humble advice for you is to get in touch with the UK universities which have made it to your shortlist and also exploit Linkedin as a source of information for real-life careers of their graduates. Though I fully respect Duncan's (and some other contributors') views on professional accreditation like AMBA, I would not overrate this factor if I were you and consider it just as a plus along with other factors giving hints about the prospects of a business school for you. During my school search, I got in touch with many HR professionals and head hunters as well, even from the UK, and I have made my mind this way in the end. Particularly in Turkey, as you may well appreciate, you could find hardly anyone aware of the acronyms like AMBA, EUQIS, etc and even hardly anyone who would ask for these. Despite Koc and Istanbul, which are admittedly fine institutions in Turkey, have this type of accreditation, almost all but these two do not have, including the very top ones like METU and Bosphorus. I humbly suggest you to consider your fields of interest for study, get 1st hand information from the schools and -if possible- alumni, use Linkedin, and decide accordingly.(Of course, I am talking about the "recognized" UK institutions i.e those that are listed by HEFCE and so have their quality checked by QAA, which actually means the "institutional" accreditation in the UK)
Hope you success!

P.S. You might have a look at Middlesex University (London) as well. They are listed among the QS Global 200 Business School and have a significant experience on programmes aimed at professionals (No professional accreditation, but quite positive QAA reports)

[Edited by sts on Jan 24, 2015]

[quote]Hi Duncan,

At the same time, i need to improve my English.[/quote]
Hi bayraktar88,
My humble advice for you is to get in touch with the UK universities which have made it to your shortlist and also exploit Linkedin as a source of information for real-life careers of their graduates. Though I fully respect Duncan's (and some other contributors') views on professional accreditation like AMBA, I would not overrate this factor if I were you and consider it just as a plus along with other factors giving hints about the prospects of a business school for you. During my school search, I got in touch with many HR professionals and head hunters as well, even from the UK, and I have made my mind this way in the end. Particularly in Turkey, as you may well appreciate, you could find hardly anyone aware of the acronyms like AMBA, EUQIS, etc and even hardly anyone who would ask for these. Despite Koc and Istanbul, which are admittedly fine institutions in Turkey, have this type of accreditation, almost all but these two do not have, including the very top ones like METU and Bosphorus. I humbly suggest you to consider your fields of interest for study, get 1st hand information from the schools and -if possible- alumni, use Linkedin, and decide accordingly.(Of course, I am talking about the "recognized" UK institutions i.e those that are listed by HEFCE and so have their quality checked by QAA, which actually means the "institutional" accreditation in the UK)
Hope you success!

P.S. You might have a look at Middlesex University (London) as well. They are listed among the QS Global 200 Business School and have a significant experience on programmes aimed at professionals (No professional accreditation, but quite positive QAA reports)

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom 10 Followers 81 Discussions
Middlesex, United Kingdom 18 Followers 131 Discussions
Helsinki, Finland 19 Followers 18 Discussions
Vienna, Austria 19 Followers 69 Discussions
Warsaw, Poland 15 Followers 12 Discussions
Vienna, Austria 38 Followers 41 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 48 Followers 82 Discussions

Hot Discussions