Bath vs Birmingham vs Nottingham vs Loughborough

Azaaep

hi Duncan

I have obtained offer from these schools and some of them offer an amount of scholarship as well.

I hv studied all their course profile of each subject and base on their description I would think Birmingham Business School seems more informative and demanding, that means I may be able to learn more from this school.

And is Birmingham Business School recently AACSB accredited? If so then it is the only one triple-crowned.

I just think Bath should be of higher ranking in FT and the Economist, but the school has a shorter history, and not that famous as of Birmingham or Nottingham.

I just want to study an MBA in UK which a school better recognized, how would u advise?

hi Duncan

I have obtained offer from these schools and some of them offer an amount of scholarship as well.

I hv studied all their course profile of each subject and base on their description I would think Birmingham Business School seems more informative and demanding, that means I may be able to learn more from this school.

And is Birmingham Business School recently AACSB accredited? If so then it is the only one triple-crowned.

I just think Bath should be of higher ranking in FT and the Economist, but the school has a shorter history, and not that famous as of Birmingham or Nottingham.

I just want to study an MBA in UK which a school better recognized, how would u advise?
Duncan

These are both good schools. Read How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

These are both good schools. Read How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571
ralph

And is Birmingham Business School recently AACSB accredited? If so then it is the only one triple-crowned

It is, but as I just mentioned in another thread, having the three accreditations doesn't necessarily mean that it's a better school. Look instead at the rankings and connect with the schools to figure out which one is a better fit for you.

Bath is the only school that's ranked in the FT, that's a good place to start but not the end of the story, since UK schools at the bottom of the ranking tend to come and go every year (at least in recent years.) Birmingham was up in the list as recently as 2012, when Bath wasn't even represented.

Industry and sector placements will differ through, and this is what you should be looking at. From what I know, I think that Birmingham has better placements in retail and consumer goods, while Bath tends to be better if you're looking at careers in the IT sector or in a telecom. You'll want to connect with the schools though and ask them directly, to see which better matches your post-MBA goals.

<blockquote>
And is Birmingham Business School recently AACSB accredited? If so then it is the only one triple-crowned</blockquote>
It is, but as I just mentioned in another thread, having the three accreditations doesn't necessarily mean that it's a better school. Look instead at the rankings and connect with the schools to figure out which one is a better fit for you.

Bath is the only school that's ranked in the FT, that's a good place to start but not the end of the story, since UK schools at the bottom of the ranking tend to come and go every year (at least in recent years.) Birmingham was up in the list as recently as 2012, when Bath wasn't even represented.

Industry and sector placements will differ through, and this is what you should be looking at. From what I know, I think that Birmingham has better placements in retail and consumer goods, while Bath tends to be better if you're looking at careers in the IT sector or in a telecom. You'll want to connect with the schools though and ask them directly, to see which better matches your post-MBA goals.
aluvzaa

Hey did you apply to Bath? I'm interested in going but I am a bit uncertain about the location. Let me know what you decided.

Hey did you apply to Bath? I'm interested in going but I am a bit uncertain about the location. Let me know what you decided.
Razors Edg...

Bath's location is fine, a bit small but it feels quaint, in that sense. I would be mostly concerned about your ability to network to find jobs because I'm not sure what the region offers in terms of industry, etc.

Bath's location is fine, a bit small but it feels quaint, in that sense. I would be mostly concerned about your ability to network to find jobs because I'm not sure what the region offers in terms of industry, etc.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
Bath, United Kingdom 18 Followers 207 Discussions
Loughborough, United Kingdom 13 Followers 75 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 27 Followers 180 Discussions

Other Related Content

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

Article Jun 08, 2012

How MBA programs outside the capital can offer global, practical experience