Among Warwick, Lancaster, Imperial, Edinburgh, which does suit my profile better

Anusha_V

Hi All,

I am Anusha from India with the following profile:

Planning to join MBA (In Either Marketing or Finance) in Fall 2011 from UK.

Choices of university :

1) Warwick
2) Lancaster
3) Imperial
4) Edinburgh

--> Have completed by Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication, Rajalakshmi Engg College, Chennai.
--> Have taken GMAT with score of 580 and AWA - 5
--> Planing for TOEFL Ibt this month end..
--> Will be completeing 3 yrs by January 3rd.

Can someone suggest which university will suit my profile ? If any other universities in your minds, please post in.. I am a bit confused here because I know my score is a bit low, eventhen can someone please help.

Hi All,

I am Anusha from India with the following profile:

Planning to join MBA (In Either Marketing or Finance) in Fall 2011 from UK.

Choices of university :

1) Warwick
2) Lancaster
3) Imperial
4) Edinburgh

--> Have completed by Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication, Rajalakshmi Engg College, Chennai.
--> Have taken GMAT with score of 580 and AWA - 5
--> Planing for TOEFL Ibt this month end..
--> Will be completeing 3 yrs by January 3rd.

Can someone suggest which university will suit my profile ? If any other universities in your minds, please post in.. I am a bit confused here because I know my score is a bit low, eventhen can someone please help.
susee

You wont get a specialized MBA anywhere in UK...If yes it would be few numbers....You will get a generic MBA with specialization.BTW my pick is
Lanc>Imperial>Warwick>Edinburgh

Sorry to say that with 580 and 3 yrs of exp it is not possible to think on these univ.....

You cant compare Lancaster....Its highly difficult to get admissions and fee wise Lancaster is justified.

You wont get a specialized MBA anywhere in UK...If yes it would be few numbers....You will get a generic MBA with specialization.BTW my pick is
Lanc>Imperial>Warwick>Edinburgh

Sorry to say that with 580 and 3 yrs of exp it is not possible to think on these univ.....

You cant compare Lancaster....Its highly difficult to get admissions and fee wise Lancaster is justified.
dsaynt

Hmm....I am in the same dilema.
I think that with your profile that you can still get into Edinburgh.
Sorry to barge in here------------>
Now this is my own dilema:.
Hello,
Please i'd like some help here. I'm interested in doing an MBA in 2011 and i'd like to know your opinion on which of these BS would accept me based on my profile.
The schools I'm interested in are:
CRANFIELD
WARWICK
LANCASTER
ASTON
DURHAM
My profile is given below:
> 8yrs working experience by sept 2011
> Work as an audit with a big four firm (Deloitte) with a speciality in financial institutions
> ACCA member
> Haven't done the GMAT yet (don't really want to do it)
> Didn't do TOFL because my first language is English (also I had an A in English in my cambridge A-Levels back then)
> Cost is not an issue here because these schools fall within my price range.

So please which of these schools would be the best for me and which would take me? I'm looking to move to other areas apart from audit- consultancy, strategic management or risk management in the a multinational.
Please what's your advice? Thanks

Hmm....I am in the same dilema.
I think that with your profile that you can still get into Edinburgh.
Sorry to barge in here------------>
Now this is my own dilema:.
Hello,
Please i'd like some help here. I'm interested in doing an MBA in 2011 and i'd like to know your opinion on which of these BS would accept me based on my profile.
The schools I'm interested in are:
CRANFIELD
WARWICK
LANCASTER
ASTON
DURHAM
My profile is given below:
> 8yrs working experience by sept 2011
> Work as an audit with a big four firm (Deloitte) with a speciality in financial institutions
> ACCA member
> Haven't done the GMAT yet (don't really want to do it)
> Didn't do TOFL because my first language is English (also I had an A in English in my cambridge A-Levels back then)
> Cost is not an issue here because these schools fall within my price range.

So please which of these schools would be the best for me and which would take me? I'm looking to move to other areas apart from audit- consultancy, strategic management or risk management in the a multinational.
Please what's your advice? Thanks
mistermark

Dsaynt, I guess everyone will have their different views but I think Cranfield is by some margin the best of the schools you've listed. They offer their own test as an alternative to GMAT, at least on the Executive course (I think you may still need GMAT for the full-time course).

Dsaynt, I guess everyone will have their different views but I think Cranfield is by some margin the best of the schools you've listed. They offer their own test as an alternative to GMAT, at least on the Executive course (I think you may still need GMAT for the full-time course).
susee

You got plenty of stuff....Do sell it in right area......I think you got me.....I would suggest you to discuss with top schools and then decide upon GMAT..Try for top notch

good luck

You got plenty of stuff....Do sell it in right area......I think you got me.....I would suggest you to discuss with top schools and then decide upon GMAT..Try for top notch

good luck
Anusha_V

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.. But still I know yes 580 is indeed a little low score but is it impossible to get into Lancaster, Warwick or Edinburgh with this score?? Please post in your replies..

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.. But still I know yes 580 is indeed a little low score but is it impossible to get into Lancaster, Warwick or Edinburgh with this score?? Please post in your replies..
dsaynt

I don't think it's impossible to get into these schools with a score of 580, afterall the figures the give on their websites are chort AVERAGES not the minimum mark accepted.
Also if you have an outstanding profile: relevant years of work experience, community work etc and you add to the international diversity of the class, all these count towards being accepted.
so in summary, it's harder but not impossible.

I don't think it's impossible to get into these schools with a score of 580, afterall the figures the give on their websites are chort AVERAGES not the minimum mark accepted.
Also if you have an outstanding profile: relevant years of work experience, community work etc and you add to the international diversity of the class, all these count towards being accepted.
so in summary, it's harder but not impossible.
Anusha_V

Thanks for the reply dsaynt.. will definitely try to work on those areas!!!

Thanks for the reply dsaynt.. will definitely try to work on those areas!!!
susee

hey anusha,

If you really want to get into lanc I will strongly suggest you to give a second attempt.........Even I dont want to demoralize you...But this is a fact........

I tried a lot to get admission in lanc...but in vain.....Its becoz of less GMAT score.......

Day by day demand is growing....Perhaps one positive news is next year competition may be less....Cost is going to increase.....So do it wisely...

hey anusha,

If you really want to get into lanc I will strongly suggest you to give a second attempt.........Even I dont want to demoralize you...But this is a fact........

I tried a lot to get admission in lanc...but in vain.....Its becoz of less GMAT score.......

Day by day demand is growing....Perhaps one positive news is next year competition may be less....Cost is going to increase.....So do it wisely...

dsaynt

Well said Susee.
If he can he should do the GMAT again but then his chances and mine should hopefully be better by 2011 because BS fees would increase and competition for places should drop. With the British govt war on spending and the cuts, a lot of people"s spending power would diminish.
Also these schools are going to experience a reduction in grants so they might be willing to reduce otherwise stringent requirements for students that are willing to pay fully without asking for a scholarship.

Well said Susee.
If he can he should do the GMAT again but then his chances and mine should hopefully be better by 2011 because BS fees would increase and competition for places should drop. With the British govt war on spending and the cuts, a lot of people"s spending power would diminish.
Also these schools are going to experience a reduction in grants so they might be willing to reduce otherwise stringent requirements for students that are willing to pay fully without asking for a scholarship.

Anusha_V

Oh is it?? Fees structure going to increase?? oh ok!! bt then not sure if i wil give GMAT again let me try once!!

Oh is it?? Fees structure going to increase?? oh ok!! bt then not sure if i wil give GMAT again let me try once!!
Anusha_V

Also do let me know if there are any other gud universities for MBA in UK to which my profile wil qualify! pls pls

Also do let me know if there are any other gud universities for MBA in UK to which my profile wil qualify! pls pls
abs

hii All,

im a fresher n want to MBA from UK.
i hav got offers from

university of aberdeen
lincoln university
coventry university

which 1 is da best ??suggest me?

hii All,

im a fresher n want to MBA from UK.
i hav got offers from

university of aberdeen
lincoln university
coventry university

which 1 is da best ??suggest me?
dsaynt

@abs,
My suggestion is for you to go to Aberdeen. Doing your MBA there would also give you links to the Oil and gas industry.

@Anusha_V
Well there are other universities/business schools that you could consider. There is University of Birmingham,Ashridge business school, University of Bath, Bradford, Strathclyde, Leeds,Liverpool. These are good business schools that would fit your profile. My advice to you is to visit those schools, call them and also go their websites. this would give you a better feel of the school and know if its for you

@abs,
My suggestion is for you to go to Aberdeen. Doing your MBA there would also give you links to the Oil and gas industry.

@Anusha_V
Well there are other universities/business schools that you could consider. There is University of Birmingham,Ashridge business school, University of Bath, Bradford, Strathclyde, Leeds,Liverpool. These are good business schools that would fit your profile. My advice to you is to visit those schools, call them and also go their websites. this would give you a better feel of the school and know if its for you
Manu_P

Hello,

I am perplexed about selecting a university among Lancaster, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Durham and Bath.
Need serious help and suggestions in shortlisting the best among these.

Profile Details:
GMAT: 660
IELTS: 7.5
Work Ex: 4 yrs 4 month (as Senior Application Engineer)

Offers: Edinburgh and Strathcylde.
Applied: Lancaster
Working on Durham and Bath applcation.

Guys I have a bent for LUMS but still need a piece of advice/suggestion about which is better. I have shortlisted these universities essentially because of affordability and content/reputaion of course/university.

Thanks,
Manu

Hello,

I am perplexed about selecting a university among Lancaster, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Durham and Bath.
Need serious help and suggestions in shortlisting the best among these.

Profile Details:
GMAT: 660
IELTS: 7.5
Work Ex: 4 yrs 4 month (as Senior Application Engineer)

Offers: Edinburgh and Strathcylde.
Applied: Lancaster
Working on Durham and Bath applcation.

Guys I have a bent for LUMS but still need a piece of advice/suggestion about which is better. I have shortlisted these universities essentially because of affordability and content/reputaion of course/university.

Thanks,
Manu
susee

Wait for lanc results.........My pick would be between lanc and Strath

Wait for lanc results.........My pick would be between lanc and Strath
dsaynt

i agree with susee- wait for LUMS.
from your list i'd go for Durham next. Location and alumi networks i hear aren't that strong in Strath and Edin.
Location of Strath doesn't help it much.
You could also look at Aston as another alternative (it falls within the price range and the ranking range of the others)

i agree with susee- wait for LUMS.
from your list i'd go for Durham next. Location and alumi networks i hear aren't that strong in Strath and Edin.
Location of Strath doesn't help it much.
You could also look at Aston as another alternative (it falls within the price range and the ranking range of the others)
Manu_P

Thanks a lot susee and dsaynt.
I will wait for LUMS as suggested. So I would apply to Durham also (in case).
Please also suggest any other university which suits my profile.

Thanks,
Manu

Thanks a lot susee and dsaynt.
I will wait for LUMS as suggested. So I would apply to Durham also (in case).
Please also suggest any other university which suits my profile.

Thanks,
Manu
Anusha_V

Thanks dsaynt!!

ok sure will check those universities too.. will post in after checking info about those univ.. thanks again!

Thanks dsaynt!!

ok sure will check those universities too.. will post in after checking info about those univ.. thanks again!
dsaynt

@Manu_P
Well I think you also have a very good chance of getting into Warwick with your profile. Warwick is a very good and respected business school and should be in your list along with LUMS.
Also look at Aston Business school, ranked above Durham and also a good school.
Good Luck

@Manu_P
Well I think you also have a very good chance of getting into Warwick with your profile. Warwick is a very good and respected business school and should be in your list along with LUMS.
Also look at Aston Business school, ranked above Durham and also a good school.
Good Luck

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 59 Followers 415 Discussions
Aberdeen, United Kingdom 7 Followers 80 Discussions
Lincoln, United Kingdom 4 Followers 9 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 338 Discussions
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom 9 Followers 73 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 107 Followers 348 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 35 Followers 267 Discussions
Manchester, United Kingdom 65 Followers 515 Discussions
Lancaster, United Kingdom 26 Followers 335 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 53 Followers 475 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions

Other Related Content

Feb 07, 2024

London Business School Announces New 1-Year MBA

News Feb 07, 2024

MBA School Choice: Imperial Vs. Warwick

Article Jun 03, 2019

Both schools have stand-out global reputations and places in rankings, but what should MBA aspirants consider when weighing up their choices?

Hot Discussions