Am I eligible for MBA in abroad

prince_85

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am a IMS's student, In CAT2007 I have scored 93%ile.

I don't have good acedmic background, in Xth 61% in XIIth 52% and in graduation(B.Com(G)) 57%,can I pursue my MBA from a good b-school abroad after securing good score in GMAT?

I heard that, foreign b-school are giving so much importence to acedmic background, is it right?

Despite not having good acedmic background ,can I make it to good b-school abroad on the basis of my GMAT, TOEFL, score and my work experience?

I have more than 2years work experience in freight forwarding and logistics sector( Shipping) as a middle manager.

Should I look towards foreign b-school or should I look only in India?

For the season 2009, which will be the good time to take GMAT and TOEFL?

Please reply me on urgent basis, for this I will always thankful to you.

Thanking you,

Your faithfully,

Prince

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am a IMS's student, In CAT2007 I have scored 93%ile.

I don't have good acedmic background, in Xth 61% in XIIth 52% and in graduation(B.Com(G)) 57%,can I pursue my MBA from a good b-school abroad after securing good score in GMAT?

I heard that, foreign b-school are giving so much importence to acedmic background, is it right?

Despite not having good acedmic background ,can I make it to good b-school abroad on the basis of my GMAT, TOEFL, score and my work experience?

I have more than 2years work experience in freight forwarding and logistics sector( Shipping) as a middle manager.

Should I look towards foreign b-school or should I look only in India?

For the season 2009, which will be the good time to take GMAT and TOEFL?

Please reply me on urgent basis, for this I will always thankful to you.

Thanking you,

Your faithfully,

Prince
Inactive User

Hi Prince,

It really depends on what you mean by 'good'. The top European B-Schools will require a strong academic background, and competition for places is extremely high. A good GMAT score might be helpful, as is a good command of English, but they themselves are probably not enough.

There are a lot of second-tier B-schools in Europe who might accept you, but you need to look very carefully at how 'good' they really are, and whether the time, expense and stress of moving from India is really worth it. If you think that it is, and that you do stand a chance of being accepted, go for it! Make sure you put in the time finding the place and the programme that you think will best suit you. Have a look at their entry requirements on their website, and if you are still not sure try getting in touch with someone personally.

Good luck, and if you have any more questions, just let me know.

lukeh

Hi Prince,

It really depends on what you mean by 'good'. The top European B-Schools will require a strong academic background, and competition for places is extremely high. A good GMAT score might be helpful, as is a good command of English, but they themselves are probably not enough.

There are a lot of second-tier B-schools in Europe who might accept you, but you need to look very carefully at how 'good' they really are, and whether the time, expense and stress of moving from India is really worth it. If you think that it is, and that you do stand a chance of being accepted, go for it! Make sure you put in the time finding the place and the programme that you think will best suit you. Have a look at their entry requirements on their website, and if you are still not sure try getting in touch with someone personally.

Good luck, and if you have any more questions, just let me know.

lukeh
prince_85

Thanks lukeh,

I have some more query,

1. If I will do MBA from 2nd tier b-school of europe will I able to get good job at there or after come back to India?

2. Which will be better doing MBA from good b-school of India ( If not IIMs) or doing MBA from 2nd tier b-school of Europe ? because I have to finance most of my syudy part through bank loan.

3. When should I take GMAT for taking admission in Summer 2009?

Thanks lukeh,

I have some more query,

1. If I will do MBA from 2nd tier b-school of europe will I able to get good job at there or after come back to India?

2. Which will be better doing MBA from good b-school of India ( If not IIMs) or doing MBA from 2nd tier b-school of Europe ? because I have to finance most of my syudy part through bank loan.

3. When should I take GMAT for taking admission in Summer 2009?
Inactive User

Hi Prince,

As regards the first two questions, I think the best thing you can do is to identify a few programmes and a few institutions you're interested in, then post a question on them on the discussion board. I know that lots of Indian MBA students past and present look at this site and participate in discussions, and they are probably both very happy to help and better qualified than I am to talk about b-schools in India. But I'm also very happy to do a bit of research on your behalf and find out what I can. For the third question - do exactly the same! Having not taken the GMAT before applying to business school myself, I'm not in the best position to give you a reliable answer - but there are plenty of people on here who are!

Hi Prince,

As regards the first two questions, I think the best thing you can do is to identify a few programmes and a few institutions you're interested in, then post a question on them on the discussion board. I know that lots of Indian MBA students past and present look at this site and participate in discussions, and they are probably both very happy to help and better qualified than I am to talk about b-schools in India. But I'm also very happy to do a bit of research on your behalf and find out what I can. For the third question - do exactly the same! Having not taken the GMAT before applying to business school myself, I'm not in the best position to give you a reliable answer - but there are plenty of people on here who are!

Reply to Post

Hot Discussions