Which B-Schools to apply ?

Hi,

I want to go in for a full time (one yr or two yr) MBA prog. My GMAT score is 640 and I have around 3 yrs of IT exp with IBM India. Can anyone please suggest some colleges in USA and Canada ?

Hi,

I want to go in for a full time (one yr or two yr) MBA prog. My GMAT score is 640 and I have around 3 yrs of IT exp with IBM India. Can anyone please suggest some colleges in USA and Canada ?
Duncan

Hi Mohit,

Look at the Tier 4 schools here:
http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082

Hi Mohit,

Look at the Tier 4 schools here:
http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082

Hi Duncan,

I looked at Texas A&M University website which says that their average GMAT score is 647. Do you think its a good idea to apply because I would really want to get into that school ?

Hi Duncan,

I looked at Texas A&M University website which says that their average GMAT score is 647. Do you think its a good idea to apply because I would really want to get into that school ?
Duncan

No, I think you would be wasting your time. They have a 9% acceptance rate (high demand because of their low fees) and no shortage of students with above average work experience.

The Tier Four schools I have suggested are stretch schools for you. Safety schools to look at are:
University of Tennessee--Knoxville (TN)
Iowa State University (IA)
Rochester Institute of Technology (Saunders) (NY)
Babson College (Olin) (MA)
University of Colorado--Boulder (Leeds) (CO)
University of South Carolina (Moore) (SC)
University of Cincinnati (OH)
University of Utah (Eccles) (UT)
Thunderbird School of Global Management (AZ)
Bentley University (McCallum) (MA)

No, I think you would be wasting your time. They have a 9% acceptance rate (high demand because of their low fees) and no shortage of students with above average work experience.

The Tier Four schools I have suggested are stretch schools for you. Safety schools to look at are:
University of Tennessee--Knoxville (TN)
Iowa State University (IA)
Rochester Institute of Technology (Saunders) (NY)
Babson College (Olin) (MA)
University of Colorado--Boulder (Leeds) (CO)
University of South Carolina (Moore) (SC)
University of Cincinnati (OH)
University of Utah (Eccles) (UT)
Thunderbird School of Global Management (AZ)
Bentley University (McCallum) (MA)

Hi Duncan,

My gmat score is 660 and i have around 5+ year experience in IT. I have also been part of a NGO for around an year now.
Can you please suggest me the B-Schools to which i should apply.

Hi Duncan,

My gmat score is 660 and i have around 5+ year experience in IT. I have also been part of a NGO for around an year now.
Can you please suggest me the B-Schools to which i should apply.
Duncan

As with the comment above, look at the post on GMAT Tiers and apply at the top of tier four.

As with the comment above, look at the post on GMAT Tiers and apply at the top of tier four.
rohitrkg

Hi,
I want to do full time MBA in International business in this coming spring.

I have been working for 5 years in US as a Business Analyst.
I took GMAT this year in Feb and got only 510.

I think except the gmat score, my overall profile is well enough to get me in a good business school. I did my bachelors in CIS from TSU, TX and have around 3.3 GPA.
Anyone please help me to decide a good business school.

Hi,
I want to do full time MBA in International business in this coming spring.

I have been working for 5 years in US as a Business Analyst.
I took GMAT this year in Feb and got only 510.

I think except the gmat score, my overall profile is well enough to get me in a good business school. I did my bachelors in CIS from TSU, TX and have around 3.3 GPA.
Anyone please help me to decide a good business school.
Duncan

Sadly with your low GMAT you won't be able to get into a very good school. Why not take the time to improve your GMAT?

Looking at http://business-schools.findthebest.com/ i searched for programmes with an average GMAT of 520 or lower. The ones with the highest starting salary are:
University of Texas--El Paso (TX)
Delaware State University (DE)
University of New Hampshire (Whittemore) (NH)
Wayne State University (MI)
Clark Atlanta University (GA)
Suffolk University (Sawyer) (MA)
Canisius College (Wehle) (NY)
Missouri State University (MO)
Stephen F. Austin State University (TX)
University of Wisconsin--Whitewater (WI)

Other than UTEP and WSU, you are assured entry at any of these schools.

Sadly with your low GMAT you won't be able to get into a very good school. Why not take the time to improve your GMAT?

Looking at http://business-schools.findthebest.com/ i searched for programmes with an average GMAT of 520 or lower. The ones with the highest starting salary are:
University of Texas--El Paso (TX)
Delaware State University (DE)
University of New Hampshire (Whittemore) (NH)
Wayne State University (MI)
Clark Atlanta University (GA)
Suffolk University (Sawyer) (MA)
Canisius College (Wehle) (NY)
Missouri State University (MO)
Stephen F. Austin State University (TX)
University of Wisconsin--Whitewater (WI)

Other than UTEP and WSU, you are assured entry at any of these schools.
rohitrkg

Thanks for your quick reply. I know my gmat is really low but I have already given lot of time to myself and just want to start my MBA now.

If not so good university at least I would like to get in some good city. My preference is NYC. Are there any decent business schools which would be applicable for me?

Thanks again.

Thanks for your quick reply. I know my gmat is really low but I have already given lot of time to myself and just want to start my MBA now.

If not so good university at least I would like to get in some good city. My preference is NYC. Are there any decent business schools which would be applicable for me?

Thanks again.
Duncan

You won't be able to start your MBA "now" - you'll be looking at September next year. So why not work on your GMAT until November? With your current GMAT, you'll be looking at some rather weak schools around NYC:
Pace University (Lubin) (NY)
Seton Hall University (Stillman) (NJ)
Fairfield University (Dolan) (CT)
Sacred Heart University (Welch) (CT)
Long Island University--C.W. Post Campus (NY)
Iona College (Hagan) (NY)
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Monmouth University (NJ)

You won't be able to start your MBA "now" - you'll be looking at September next year. So why not work on your GMAT until November? With your current GMAT, you'll be looking at some rather weak schools around NYC:
Seton Hall University (Stillman) (NJ)
Fairfield University (Dolan) (CT)
Sacred Heart University (Welch) (CT)
Long Island University--C.W. Post Campus (NY)
Iona College (Hagan) (NY)
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Monmouth University (NJ)
rohitrkg

Can't I start my MBA in this coming Spring?

I have been getting lot of emails from pace since i have given my gmat. What do you think about pace? Which would be better if we compare between Pace, Long Island and Iona?

Thanks for your help..

Can't I start my MBA in this coming Spring?

I have been getting lot of emails from pace since i have given my gmat. What do you think about pace? Which would be better if we compare between Pace, Long Island and Iona?

Thanks for your help..
Duncan

In North American and Europe the academic year normally starts in September.

I've ranked them from top to bottom by salary, so Pace is the better choice.

In North American and Europe the academic year normally starts in September.

I've ranked them from top to bottom by salary, so Pace is the better choice.
rohitrkg

Thanks Duncan. I really appreciate your help. I know If I can improve on my score I can really get in some good school. But just want to start my MBA asap.
I think I am going to apply to pace. What do you think would I have any issues getting in Pace?

Thanks Duncan. I really appreciate your help. I know If I can improve on my score I can really get in some good school. But just want to start my MBA asap.
I think I am going to apply to pace. What do you think would I have any issues getting in Pace?

Hi Duncan,

I have shortlisted below schools. Can you please have a look at them..

Univ Of Pennsylvania
Arizona State University - WP Carey
Univ Of Buffalo - NY
MichiGan State Univ - Broad
Goerge washington University

Hi Duncan,

I have shortlisted below schools. Can you please have a look at them..

Univ Of Pennsylvania
Arizona State University - WP Carey
Univ Of Buffalo - NY
MichiGan State Univ - Broad
Goerge washington University
Duncan

These are in the top 75 or so business schools in the US, with an average GMAT of 670. You are not likely to gain admission in any of these schools, but I you could select one of them as a stretch school. Most applicants to these schools are much better qualified than you, and still only around 38% are admitted.

GWU and Buffalo are the two least selective of the five, and have lower average GMATs (around 625). However these are still a stretch for you if you are not prepared to take the time to improve your GMAT.

Some more realistic stretch schools for you would be:
Florida State University (FL)
Howard University (DC)
Oklahoma State University (Spears)
Clarkson University (NY)
Willamette University (Atkinson) (OR)
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey--Camden
University of Kansas (KS)
Florida Atlantic University (FL)
James Madison University (VA)

These are in the top 75 or so business schools in the US, with an average GMAT of 670. You are not likely to gain admission in any of these schools, but I you could select one of them as a stretch school. Most applicants to these schools are much better qualified than you, and still only around 38% are admitted.

GWU and Buffalo are the two least selective of the five, and have lower average GMATs (around 625). However these are still a stretch for you if you are not prepared to take the time to improve your GMAT.

Some more realistic stretch schools for you would be:
Florida State University (FL)
Howard University (DC)
Oklahoma State University (Spears)
Clarkson University (NY)
Willamette University (Atkinson) (OR)
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey--Camden
University of Kansas (KS)
Florida Atlantic University (FL)
James Madison University (VA)

i have a gmat score of 600 and i'm looking for good b-schools in california. I do not have any work experience. I want to know what all options i have in california itself ?

i have a gmat score of 600 and i'm looking for good b-schools in california. I do not have any work experience. I want to know what all options i have in california itself ?
Duncan

I suggest you research these schools with lower GMATs. Their work experience requirements will differ.
University of California--Riverside (Anderson) (CA)
San Jose State University (Lucas) (CA)
Sonoma State University (CA)
University of San Francisco (Masagung) (CA)
California State University--San Bernardino (CA)
California State University--Long Beach (CA)
California State University--Fullerton (Mihaylo) (CA)
California State University--East Bay (CA)
California State University--Chico (CA)
University of the Pacific (Eberhardt) (CA)

I suggest you research these schools with lower GMATs. Their work experience requirements will differ.
University of California--Riverside (Anderson) (CA)
San Jose State University (Lucas) (CA)
Sonoma State University (CA)
University of San Francisco (Masagung) (CA)
California State University--San Bernardino (CA)
California State University--Long Beach (CA)
California State University--Fullerton (Mihaylo) (CA)
California State University--East Bay (CA)
California State University--Chico (CA)
University of the Pacific (Eberhardt) (CA)

Hi,
I am Major SP Gupta from Army with a service of over 9 years. Have done Btech (L) with CGPA 8.57 and GMAT score of 650 (Q 50, V 27, AWA 5, IR 5).
Which colleges should i target for 1 year full time MBA that does not exceed $ 55,000 as tution fees.

Hi,
I am Major SP Gupta from Army with a service of over 9 years. Have done Btech (L) with CGPA 8.57 and GMAT score of 650 (Q 50, V 27, AWA 5, IR 5).
Which colleges should i target for 1 year full time MBA that does not exceed $ 55,000 as tution fees.
Duncan

Hi there. Take a look at the Tier Four schools on this list: http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082 Most of the MBAs on that list which are outside the USA are within your budget.

As a bit of a stretch school, I would also recommend the SP Jain Center of Management in Dubai.

I'd also suggest you work on your verbal fluency in English: that part of your score is low, so some schools will worry about your ability to be an active participant in classroom discussions.

Hi there. Take a look at the Tier Four schools on this list: http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082 Most of the MBAs on that list which are outside the USA are within your budget.

As a bit of a stretch school, I would also recommend the SP Jain Center of Management in Dubai.

I'd also suggest you work on your verbal fluency in English: that part of your score is low, so some schools will worry about your ability to be an active participant in classroom discussions.
amydecia

Here I am Sharing some B-Schools in USA :-

W. P. Carey School of Business
University of Arizona
Loyola Marymount University
Paul Merage School of Business
The George Washington University
James M. Hull College of Business..............

Here I am Sharing some B-Schools in USA :-

W. P. Carey School of Business
University of Arizona
Loyola Marymount University
Paul Merage School of Business
The George Washington University
James M. Hull College of Business..............

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Salt Lake City, Utah 8 Followers 15 Discussions
Cincinnati, Ohio 3 Followers 27 Discussions
Waltham, Massachusetts 7 Followers 17 Discussions
Ames, Iowa 2 Followers 13 Discussions
Boulder, Colorado 15 Followers 16 Discussions
Rochester, New York 8 Followers 21 Discussions
College Station, Texas 42 Followers 62 Discussions
Columbia, South Carolina 11 Followers 30 Discussions
Glendale, Arizona 22 Followers 66 Discussions
Babson Park, Massachusetts 28 Followers 76 Discussions
Knoxville, Tennessee 17 Followers 31 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Applications: What to do About Low Work Experience

Article Jan 12, 2016

Business schools don't like to admit students with less than two years of experience--but they will if a candidate really shines.

Hot Discussions