Study books - pros and cons.

ogassav

Hello everyone,

looks like i will have to take GMAT test and now i am in the process of evaluation which study-book (or books?) shall be better in order to have maximum of tips and hints + to have a good strong training (i.e. good practice exercises).
Could anyone share with your opinion (with substantiation if possible) regarding different books, which are quite a lot nowadays.
thank you a lot!

Hello everyone,

looks like i will have to take GMAT test and now i am in the process of evaluation which study-book (or books?) shall be better in order to have maximum of tips and hints + to have a good strong training (i.e. good practice exercises).
Could anyone share with your opinion (with substantiation if possible) regarding different books, which are quite a lot nowadays.
thank you a lot!
ogassav

no one could help with this topic? Can't believe...

no one could help with this topic? Can't believe...
bajargyan

Hello everyone,

thank you a lot!

Hi ogassav

I might not be an expert on this but i would recommend you the following books:

1. GMAC's Offical Guide - along with the 2 free tests you can get on the MBA.com (they give out the most accurate scores to reflect what you would be getting in the exams).
2. The Manhattan GMAT's books - both quantitative and verbal books are good.
3. The Kaplan Maths workshop - you can get it online i think through torrents and stuff.

You should take a free practise test on veristas or princeton review website to get hold of where exactly stand and wht are your strengths and weakness.

Also, try to do as many questions as possible on the computer to get used to the test and also buy additional computer adaptive tests to practice.

Use the MBA.com tests during the last 3 weeks before the gmat.

good luck for the gmat

<blockquote>Hello everyone,

thank you a lot!</blockquote>

Hi ogassav

I might not be an expert on this but i would recommend you the following books:

1. GMAC's Offical Guide - along with the 2 free tests you can get on the MBA.com (they give out the most accurate scores to reflect what you would be getting in the exams).
2. The Manhattan GMAT's books - both quantitative and verbal books are good.
3. The Kaplan Maths workshop - you can get it online i think through torrents and stuff.

You should take a free practise test on veristas or princeton review website to get hold of where exactly stand and wht are your strengths and weakness.

Also, try to do as many questions as possible on the computer to get used to the test and also buy additional computer adaptive tests to practice.

Use the MBA.com tests during the last 3 weeks before the gmat.

good luck for the gmat
ogassav

Hi Bajargyan,

thank you for your feedback. So finally - a lot of tests (agree, makes sense) + those books:
- Official GMAC guide
- Manhattan GMAT
- Kaplan

Do i understand right, that you propose official GMAC guide because it comes from the authors of the test itself? On the one hand makes sense, on the other - this is not a guarantee of good "explanation" part of the book, though could be good tests included, as these guys have big database collected for years, What d'u think?

As for Manhattan - i understood you in the following way: good explanation and approach on how to "crack" quantitative/verbal sections (i.e. everything actually), however no special comments on their tests themselves and i take this as "nothing outstanding about those tests".

Kaplan - if i heard you correctly - they are strong in math section. Explanations or tests themselves or both?

For transparency - my goal is to find the book with good theoretical part (easy for understanding, nice tips&tricks, etc.) + another book (could be the same, though i doubt) which has good exercises. I even admit that 1 book shall have good tests in verbal part, another in math, so finally i shall buy 3 of them - however no prob, i go for the quality..

Any comments guys?

Hi Bajargyan,

thank you for your feedback. So finally - a lot of tests (agree, makes sense) + those books:
- Official GMAC guide
- Manhattan GMAT
- Kaplan

Do i understand right, that you propose official GMAC guide because it comes from the authors of the test itself? On the one hand makes sense, on the other - this is not a guarantee of good "explanation" part of the book, though could be good tests included, as these guys have big database collected for years, What d'u think?

As for Manhattan - i understood you in the following way: good explanation and approach on how to "crack" quantitative/verbal sections (i.e. everything actually), however no special comments on their tests themselves and i take this as "nothing outstanding about those tests".

Kaplan - if i heard you correctly - they are strong in math section. Explanations or tests themselves or both?

For transparency - my goal is to find the book with good theoretical part (easy for understanding, nice tips&tricks, etc.) + another book (could be the same, though i doubt) which has good exercises. I even admit that 1 book shall have good tests in verbal part, another in math, so finally i shall buy 3 of them - however no prob, i go for the quality..

Any comments guys?
ogassav

???

???

Reply to Post

Hot Discussions