Requesting suggestions for B schools

Hi There,

I am planning to apply for my MBA in 2015. I have a GMAT score of 730, and have done my B. Tech from BITS, Pilani with a GPA of 8.74(on scale of 10). I am working with Oracle Financial Services and will have around 2.5 year experience by the time I join. I am very much interested in Finance, and thus want to pursue MBA. I am involved with an NGO during my free time and enjoy reading and dancing.
Requesting for some suggestions on fitting schools and somethings I can do now to improve my candidature.

[Edited by Aspiring4mba_girl on Nov 15, 2014]

Hi There,

I am planning to apply for my MBA in 2015. I have a GMAT score of 730, and have done my B. Tech from BITS, Pilani with a GPA of 8.74(on scale of 10). I am working with Oracle Financial Services and will have around 2.5 year experience by the time I join. I am very much interested in Finance, and thus want to pursue MBA. I am involved with an NGO during my free time and enjoy reading and dancing.
Requesting for some suggestions on fitting schools and somethings I can do now to improve my candidature.
Mamit

You have a good profile but you may fall short of work experience in case of well known B schools for finance like Wharton, Kellogg, LBS, Booth.

You have a good profile but you may fall short of work experience in case of well known B schools for finance like Wharton, Kellogg, LBS, Booth.

Thanks Mamit, Which schools you think might be okay with my work experience being on lower end?

Thanks Mamit, Which schools you think might be okay with my work experience being on lower end?
Inactive User

Are you only looking at US schools? In general you might have more luck in targeting business schools where your GMAT score is higher than the average, to make up for your lower work experience. Something like Tulane - Freeman, that school is strong in finance, and its average GMAT score has hovered around 650 over the past few years. Or Fordham maybe.

But if you waited a year or two you'd be more competitive at the schools that Mamit mentioned, which would obviously give you more long-term value.

Are you only looking at US schools? In general you might have more luck in targeting business schools where your GMAT score is higher than the average, to make up for your lower work experience. Something like Tulane - Freeman, that school is strong in finance, and its average GMAT score has hovered around 650 over the past few years. Or Fordham maybe.

But if you waited a year or two you'd be more competitive at the schools that Mamit mentioned, which would obviously give you more long-term value.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Chicago, Illinois 42 Followers 149 Discussions
Evanston, Illinois 71 Followers 205 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 67 Followers 172 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions

Other Related Content

Feb 07, 2024

London Business School Announces New 1-Year MBA

News Feb 07, 2024

MBA Programs in Finance: Back with Some Twists

Article Jun 11, 2013

Interest in finance-oriented business programs remains strong, even post-crisis

Top Business Schools for Finance or Financial Services

Top List

Strictly in terms of salaries, there are very few job paths that are more lucrative than a career in financial services. These are the 10 best MBA programs to break into the field

Hot Discussions