Profile evaluation 570 GMAT

08 Apr 2013, 03:46

Hi ,
GMAT score :570
Experiance : 2 years in software industry
Education: B.Tech with 6.59/10 CGPA

After an MBA i want to return back to india and run my mom's medicine manufacturing company. For that i need any good college where i can get some international exposture , managing and marketing skills.

Kindly let me know some good colleges in US i can apply for

08 Apr 2013, 03:46

Hi ,
GMAT score :570
Experiance : 2 years in software industry
Education: B.Tech with 6.59/10 CGPA

After an MBA i want to return back to india and run my mom's medicine manufacturing company. For that i need any good college where i can get some international exposture , managing and marketing skills.

Kindly let me know some good colleges in US i can apply for
Duncan

You don't have a very strong profile for admission this September. If you apply for entry in September 2014 then you will have much more work experience and you can get a higher GMAT.

It's now very late in the application calendar, but some schools to consider are:
University of Tampa (Sykes) (FL)
University of Hartford (Barney) (CT)
Ball State University (Miller) (IN)
Mississippi State University (MS)
University of Portland (Pamplin) (OR)
Idaho State University (ID)
West Virginia University (WV)
University of Nebraska--Omaha (NE)
Cleveland State University Monte Ahuja College of Business (OH)
Suffolk University (Sawyer) (MA)

You don't have a very strong profile for admission this September. If you apply for entry in September 2014 then you will have much more work experience and you can get a higher GMAT.

It's now very late in the application calendar, but some schools to consider are:
University of Tampa (Sykes) (FL)
University of Hartford (Barney) (CT)
Ball State University (Miller) (IN)
Mississippi State University (MS)
University of Portland (Pamplin) (OR)
Idaho State University (ID)
West Virginia University (WV)
University of Nebraska--Omaha (NE)
Cleveland State University Monte Ahuja College of Business (OH)
Suffolk University (Sawyer) (MA)

Thanks for your reply. I'm planning for 2014 jan intake . Kindly let me know some good colleges .

Thanks for your reply. I'm planning for 2014 jan intake . Kindly let me know some good colleges .
Duncan

January? That's very unusual. I think you'll have a lot of research to do to find US business schools where you would be a competitive candidate and which have a good RoI.

January? That's very unusual. I think you'll have a lot of research to do to find US business schools where you would be a competitive candidate and which have a good RoI.
ezra

Can't think of anything that starts in January in the United States. You'd probably have much more luck if you could take a little time and work on your GMAT score, and then do a one-year MBA that starts in May, like Babson or Florida/Warrington.

Can't think of anything that starts in January in the United States. You'd probably have much more luck if you could take a little time and work on your GMAT score, and then do a one-year MBA that starts in May, like Babson or Florida/Warrington.

Dunkan and erza , thanks a lot for your reply. Im looking for mba courses in spring intake

Dunkan and erza , thanks a lot for your reply. Im looking for mba courses in spring intake
Duncan

Try India or Australia. I think they often have spring starts.

Try India or Australia. I think they often have spring starts.

do i have any chance to apply for 2013 september intake?

do i have any chance to apply for 2013 september intake?
Duncan

Most of the schools I have mentioned keep their admissions open until the end of June, but you are not a very strong candidate because of your limited work experience. I think Ball State, Portland, and Cleveland State are your best bets in terms of ease of admissions -- especially Portland.

Most of the schools I have mentioned keep their admissions open until the end of June, but you are not a very strong candidate because of your limited work experience. I think Ball State, Portland, and Cleveland State are your best bets in terms of ease of admissions -- especially Portland.
Inactive User

Portland State might still be a stretch - considering the average GMAT is around 615 and work experience is 3 years. But maybe if they're in desperate need of international students right now, you might have a shot.

Portland State might still be a stretch - considering the average GMAT is around 615 and work experience is 3 years. But maybe if they're in desperate need of international students right now, you might have a shot.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Morgantown, West Virginia 5 Followers 2 Discussions
Portland, Oregon 8 Followers 9 Discussions
Mississippi State, Mississippi 5 Followers 2 Discussions
Muncie, Indiana 3 Followers 5 Discussions
Pocatello, Idaho 4 Followers 1 Discussion
Tampa, Florida 16 Followers 19 Discussions
Babson Park, Massachusetts 28 Followers 76 Discussions
Omaha, Nebraska 2 Followers 1 Discussion
Cleveland, Ohio 6 Followers 12 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 27 Followers 28 Discussions