Low GMAT; decent profile

Hi
Have given GMAT last year and got 630. Due to my work schedule, I think i would be unable to re-write. However, I have 6 years of work-exp now. 4 years in Big 4 in Mergers and Acquisition advisory, 1 year in Real Estate Private Equity in India. Low on extra-curricular activities. Decent grades in undergrads. Primary qualification is Masters - Chartered Accountant.
I intend to do MBA primarily for international networking and jump a few ladders in my career progress. Please suggest whether I should applyw with this score or should re-write again. I want to apply to tier 1 schools only like HKUST, Insead or probably Wharton.

Hi
Have given GMAT last year and got 630. Due to my work schedule, I think i would be unable to re-write. However, I have 6 years of work-exp now. 4 years in Big 4 in Mergers and Acquisition advisory, 1 year in Real Estate Private Equity in India. Low on extra-curricular activities. Decent grades in undergrads. Primary qualification is Masters - Chartered Accountant.
I intend to do MBA primarily for international networking and jump a few ladders in my career progress. Please suggest whether I should applyw with this score or should re-write again. I want to apply to tier 1 schools only like HKUST, Insead or probably Wharton.
Duncan

You would not be a competitive candidate at any top school with a 630 GMAT unless you had exceptional undergraduate, professional or extra-curricular success. From your profile, you don't sound like your application would stand out very much. At the schools you mention, would would need to closer to or above 700.

Some other schools I would suggest to you:
SP Jain Center of Management
Babson College: Olin
Manchester Business School
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
SMU: Cox
University of Georgia: Terry
Texas A & M University: Mays
Lancaster University Management School
SDA Bocconi

You would not be a competitive candidate at any top school with a 630 GMAT unless you had exceptional undergraduate, professional or extra-curricular success. From your profile, you don't sound like your application would stand out very much. At the schools you mention, would would need to closer to or above 700.

Some other schools I would suggest to you:
SP Jain Center of Management
Babson College: Olin
Manchester Business School
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
SMU: Cox
University of Georgia: Terry
Texas A & M University: Mays
Lancaster University Management School
SDA Bocconi

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Gent, Belgium 13 Followers 93 Discussions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 13 Followers 61 Discussions
St. Petersburg, Russia 6 Followers 29 Discussions
Singapore 33 Followers 171 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 73 Followers 309 Discussions
College Station, Texas 42 Followers 62 Discussions
Babson Park, Massachusetts 28 Followers 76 Discussions
Hong Kong, Hong Kong (PRC) 31 Followers 162 Discussions
Manchester, United Kingdom 65 Followers 515 Discussions
Lancaster, United Kingdom 26 Followers 335 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 67 Followers 172 Discussions
Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Leuven, Belgium 14 Followers 53 Discussions
Dallas, Texas 14 Followers 45 Discussions
Athens, Georgia 14 Followers 27 Discussions
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 5 Followers 53 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

Can a Low GMAT Score Kill Your B-School Dreams?

Article Aug 30, 2013

Why your GMAT score is important, and what it tells MBA admissions people about you

Top Business Schools for Private Equity

Top List

A list of the top ten best MBA programs for a career in private equity, venture capital, or leveraged buyouts

Hot Discussions