Low GMAT, any hope?

dibyapal

With a low GMAT score i am in a fix now.
My profile:
10 th: 86.4%
12 th:79.8%
Engg: 81.1%
GMAT:640

Exp: 4 yrs in one of the big 4 Indian IT companies(World reknowned in IT services).
Role:For last 10 months I have been leading a team of 4 people.i had made a proposal to the clients which was accepted by them. Awarded by the company as one of the emerging leaders and bringing in additional revenue for my proposal.Presently more into Project Management activities along with technical support.
Also I am a RISK co-ordinator for a group of 100 people from a single domain.So I take care of audits and other risk activities on a daily basis.

Extra Curricular: Had been part of Indian National Congress(Political party) from 2003-2005.
Have been working with CRY(Child Rights and You) NGO for last 1.5 years in some critical projects in Chennai specially for the Tsunami victims.

Additional thing: I along with another friend Had started a software company(registered) providing softwares to small companies within Chennai according to their needs.We ran it for 1.5 years before closing it due to financial problems.
I have evn got soe certificates for debate and oratorial skills which may offset my low verbal score.

I want to know which colleges will be suitable for me?
I am eager to apply in Emory and Mays .With this score is it feasible?
Also I do have financial constraints.
Please guide me!!!
Appreciate your help.

With a low GMAT score i am in a fix now.
My profile:
10 th: 86.4%
12 th:79.8%
Engg: 81.1%
GMAT:640

Exp: 4 yrs in one of the big 4 Indian IT companies(World reknowned in IT services).
Role:For last 10 months I have been leading a team of 4 people.i had made a proposal to the clients which was accepted by them. Awarded by the company as one of the emerging leaders and bringing in additional revenue for my proposal.Presently more into Project Management activities along with technical support.
Also I am a RISK co-ordinator for a group of 100 people from a single domain.So I take care of audits and other risk activities on a daily basis.

Extra Curricular: Had been part of Indian National Congress(Political party) from 2003-2005.
Have been working with CRY(Child Rights and You) NGO for last 1.5 years in some critical projects in Chennai specially for the Tsunami victims.

Additional thing: I along with another friend Had started a software company(registered) providing softwares to small companies within Chennai according to their needs.We ran it for 1.5 years before closing it due to financial problems.
I have evn got soe certificates for debate and oratorial skills which may offset my low verbal score.

I want to know which colleges will be suitable for me?
I am eager to apply in Emory and Mays .With this score is it feasible?
Also I do have financial constraints.
Please guide me!!!
Appreciate your help.
Duncan

Your don't fit Emory, and Mays is a highly competitive school. because of its low fees it gets a huge number of applicants.

Take a look towards the bottom of Tier 4 on this post:
http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082

Your don't fit Emory, and Mays is a highly competitive school. because of its low fees it gets a huge number of applicants.

Take a look towards the bottom of Tier 4 on this post:
http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082
ralph

I tend to agree with Duncan. You are vying for spots with many other applicants with very similar profiles to you, and who have higher GMAT scores. Any chance you could re-take it, and get your score up to 700ish?

Otherwise, you'd have to aim a bit lower. Are you looking solely at US schools? If so, maybe look into the following MBA programs:

Temple - Fox
University of Miami
Georgia - Terry
SMU - Cox
Syracuse

I tend to agree with Duncan. You are vying for spots with many other applicants with very similar profiles to you, and who have higher GMAT scores. Any chance you could re-take it, and get your score up to 700ish?

Otherwise, you'd have to aim a bit lower. Are you looking solely at US schools? If so, maybe look into the following MBA programs:

Temple - Fox
University of Miami
Georgia - Terry
SMU - Cox
Syracuse

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Coral Gables, Florida 22 Followers 20 Discussions
Athens, Georgia 14 Followers 27 Discussions
Atlanta, Georgia 33 Followers 65 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 26 Followers 34 Discussions
Dallas, Texas 14 Followers 45 Discussions
College Station, Texas 42 Followers 62 Discussions
Syracuse, New York 17 Followers 27 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

Can a Low GMAT Score Kill Your B-School Dreams?

Article Aug 30, 2013

Why your GMAT score is important, and what it tells MBA admissions people about you