GMat Tips!!!

icandoit

Hi all i have given my Gmat scoring a 780.... here are some tips for people taking up GMat....
1. Manhattan series with d official guide is more than enough.,i.e no coaching required (just a total waste of money)
2. preparing 4 gmat is the very basic level of testing ones capablities. We have in math chapters like percents, decimals, ratios etc. which are d very basic level problems we get on GMat which we use in our everyday life..
The Gmat exam is not at all tough... its worthless breaking ur head studying very complicated problems related to CAT. Gmat is one of the best exams cos we can relate the problems to our everyday life calculations...
3. it is good if u memorise some basic fractions like 1/3 2/3 1/5 2/5 3/4 1/2 1/8 3/8 5/8 1/4 1/9.... also some tables and squares and roots of various numbers....

Hi all i have given my Gmat scoring a 780.... here are some tips for people taking up GMat....
1. Manhattan series with d official guide is more than enough.,i.e no coaching required (just a total waste of money)
2. preparing 4 gmat is the very basic level of testing ones capablities. We have in math chapters like percents, decimals, ratios etc. which are d very basic level problems we get on GMat which we use in our everyday life..
The Gmat exam is not at all tough... its worthless breaking ur head studying very complicated problems related to CAT. Gmat is one of the best exams cos we can relate the problems to our everyday life calculations...
3. it is good if u memorise some basic fractions like 1/3 2/3 1/5 2/5 3/4 1/2 1/8 3/8 5/8 1/4 1/9.... also some tables and squares and roots of various numbers....
kabir_mba

Thanks for the tips - probably very helpful... I can add a few more of my own:

1. Since it's difficult to self-test yourself on the analytical section, I found it best to write your essays and have a friend (or work associate, or ideally, some kind of professor,) read them and give you notes.

2. Test guides are good, but I'd have to disagree about coaching. For some people, I've heard it actually works out very well. I think it really depends on your capacity for self-motivation.

3. You're right, it's pretty basic stuff. A lot of people, especially non-English speakers, worry far too much about it. If you're trying to get an MBA, you most likely have a bachelor's degree in something, and have probably encountered this stuff at some point in the past.

Thanks for the tips - probably very helpful... I can add a few more of my own:

1. Since it's difficult to self-test yourself on the analytical section, I found it best to write your essays and have a friend (or work associate, or ideally, some kind of professor,) read them and give you notes.

2. Test guides are good, but I'd have to disagree about coaching. For some people, I've heard it actually works out very well. I think it really depends on your capacity for self-motivation.

3. You're right, it's pretty basic stuff. A lot of people, especially non-English speakers, worry far too much about it. If you're trying to get an MBA, you most likely have a bachelor's degree in something, and have probably encountered this stuff at some point in the past.
meghash3

thanks guys very inspiring
but can you tell " What Material should i use for preps"
KAPLAN/Princeton/Manhattan etc etc. m an engineer and fared well in cat aroud 93 % tile 3 years ago.

but m nervs abt quants as lot of pressure to do good.

pl help

thanks guys very inspiring
but can you tell " What Material should i use for preps"
KAPLAN/Princeton/Manhattan etc etc. m an engineer and fared well in cat aroud 93 % tile 3 years ago.

but m nervs abt quants as lot of pressure to do good.

pl help
icandoit

dude u dont require any prep... give the exam tomorrow... just do it!!!

ralph

Your user name is amazingly relevant.

Your user name is amazingly relevant.

<blockquote>dude u dont require any prep... give the exam tomorrow... just do it!!!</blockquote>
icandoit

Thanks Ralph!!!

Thanks Ralph!!!

Reply to Post

Other Related Content

Can a Low GMAT Score Kill Your B-School Dreams?

Article Aug 30, 2013

Why your GMAT score is important, and what it tells MBA admissions people about you

Hot Discussions