GMAT Scores

Hi,

I am from California and highly considering pursuing my MBA in the UK/ IRL area.

I completed my BA in 2003 from Hawaii, attended two study abroad programs in Costa Rica and Spain and spent the last 4 years as the Director of International PR for a software company.

I am confident in my work experience and prior academic record, but I am nervous to take the GMATS.

Do all schools require GMATS?
I thought the 500s were average, but after browsing this forum it looks like I will need somewhere in the 600s.

Hi,

I am from California and highly considering pursuing my MBA in the UK/ IRL area.

I completed my BA in 2003 from Hawaii, attended two study abroad programs in Costa Rica and Spain and spent the last 4 years as the Director of International PR for a software company.

I am confident in my work experience and prior academic record, but I am nervous to take the GMATS.

Do all schools require GMATS?
I thought the 500s were average, but after browsing this forum it looks like I will need somewhere in the 600s.
Mamit

hi,
Not all good B-Schools ask for GMAT, however the top ones i.e LBS, Cranfield, Warwick, CASS etc do ask for GMAT. Universities such as Strathclyde Brimingham, Bradford etc which are still in top 100 but do not specifically ask for GMAT specifically. I would suggest that if you are confident of scoring 650 + in GMAT then only you should go for it else try for schools without GMAT.

hi,
Not all good B-Schools ask for GMAT, however the top ones i.e LBS, Cranfield, Warwick, CASS etc do ask for GMAT. Universities such as Strathclyde Brimingham, Bradford etc which are still in top 100 but do not specifically ask for GMAT specifically. I would suggest that if you are confident of scoring 650 + in GMAT then only you should go for it else try for schools without GMAT.

Thank you so much for the prompt response.
I have spent alot of time reading through many other posts on GMAT scores and BSchool entrance without GMAT.

After reading what everyone had to say, I plan to take my GMAT regardless.

I do not plan to apply to the top-tier schools, however I want to apply for reasonably accredited schools.

With 4 years work experience, good references, and an average GMAT score, where would you suggest I apply.

I want to apply to about 5 schools total, with at least one safety school where I WILL get in.

Please advise on specific schools...

Thank you,

Thank you so much for the prompt response.
I have spent alot of time reading through many other posts on GMAT scores and BSchool entrance without GMAT.

After reading what everyone had to say, I plan to take my GMAT regardless.

I do not plan to apply to the top-tier schools, however I want to apply for reasonably accredited schools.

With 4 years work experience, good references, and an average GMAT score, where would you suggest I apply.

I want to apply to about 5 schools total, with at least one safety school where I WILL get in.

Please advise on specific schools...

Thank you,
Mamit

you should apply to all the schools i have mentioned above. however i will be able to advice you once i get to know your GMAT. where as if you want i can help you in getting admission to schools where GMAT is not required. i.e. Strathclyde , Bradford and Birmingham to be on a safer side for sept 2011

you should apply to all the schools i have mentioned above. however i will be able to advice you once i get to know your GMAT. where as if you want i can help you in getting admission to schools where GMAT is not required. i.e. Strathclyde , Bradford and Birmingham to be on a safer side for sept 2011
mistermark

The average score achieved in all GMAT tests is around 540. However this is not representative of the global general population because people taking the GMAT are a self-selecting sample that could be expected to outperform the average.

Most schools that require GMAT scores seem to look for 600 or 650+. However some good executive MBA courses in the UK will consider people without GMATs if they have sufficient evidence of achievement in their professional lifes.

The average score achieved in all GMAT tests is around 540. However this is not representative of the global general population because people taking the GMAT are a self-selecting sample that could be expected to outperform the average.

Most schools that require GMAT scores seem to look for 600 or 650+. However some good executive MBA courses in the UK will consider people without GMATs if they have sufficient evidence of achievement in their professional lifes.

Hi
i am a female accessory designer from India with work ex of 7 years and gmat score of 600.pls suggest few regular mba colleges for me.

Hi
i am a female accessory designer from India with work ex of 7 years and gmat score of 600.pls suggest few regular mba colleges for me.
Duncan

Are you interested only in the UK. Essec and Cnam in Paris both run MBA degrees with a focus in luxury/fashion.

Are you interested only in the UK. Essec and Cnam in Paris both run MBA degrees with a focus in luxury/fashion.

hi ,no i am open to US as well...looking out for a regular MBA without any specialization....Just to give you my credentials..

-ACCESSORY DESIGNER
-7 Yrs work ex
-Currently working as a youngest buyer in india's blue chip company ITC LTD
-have been a national level player in badminton during school days..have been outstanding in sports during school days in sports like-swimming,badminton
-have international exposure to places like-ITALY,UK,SOUTH EAST ASIAN COUNTRIES....

hi ,no i am open to US as well...looking out for a regular MBA without any specialization....Just to give you my credentials..

-ACCESSORY DESIGNER
-7 Yrs work ex
-Currently working as a youngest buyer in india's blue chip company ITC LTD
-have been a national level player in badminton during school days..have been outstanding in sports during school days in sports like-swimming,badminton
-have international exposure to places like-ITALY,UK,SOUTH EAST ASIAN COUNTRIES....
Duncan

How about these?

Politecnico di Milano School of Management
SP Jain Center of Management***
University College Dublin: Smurfit**
Warwick Business School
College of William and Mary: Mason**
Hult International Business School**
Thunderbird School of Global Management***
Eada*
EM Lyon Business School**
Leeds University Business School*
University of Edinburgh Business School*
University of Florida: Hough*

The more stars I've put at the end, the easier I think it will be for you to be admitted thee.

How about these?

Politecnico di Milano School of Management
SP Jain Center of Management***
University College Dublin: Smurfit**
Warwick Business School
College of William and Mary: Mason**
Hult International Business School**
Thunderbird School of Global Management***
Eada*
EM Lyon Business School**
Leeds University Business School*
University of Edinburgh Business School*
University of Florida: Hough*

The more stars I've put at the end, the easier I think it will be for you to be admitted thee.

Hi thanks....just wanted to know what are my chances with NUS Sda bocooni AND TEXAS A&M...

Hi thanks....just wanted to know what are my chances with NUS Sda bocooni AND TEXAS A&M...
Duncan

I think you'd need to get closer to 650 for A&M and Bocconi, and even higher at NUS (where you'd also need to be a very early applicant).

I think you'd need to get closer to 650 for A&M and Bocconi, and even higher at NUS (where you'd also need to be a very early applicant).

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 59 Followers 415 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 35 Followers 267 Discussions
Milan, Italy 22 Followers 82 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 34 Followers 179 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 45 Followers 317 Discussions
Leeds, United Kingdom 18 Followers 164 Discussions
Full Profile
Ecully, France 55 Followers 141 Discussions
Full Profile
Cergy-Pontoise, France 41 Followers 185 Discussions
College Station, Texas 42 Followers 62 Discussions
Dublin, Ireland 35 Followers 133 Discussions
Glendale, Arizona 22 Followers 66 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 53 Followers 475 Discussions
Williamsburg, Virginia 8 Followers 31 Discussions
Singapore 82 Followers 168 Discussions
Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 13 Followers 61 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

MBA Application: What is a Good GMAT Score?

Article May 14, 2018

A high GMAT score can make or break your chances of admission to a top MBA program, so what score should you aim for?

Final Year of my MBA - Part 2 (Blog#9)

Blog on Apr 02, 2020

I had one goal in mind – to have a full time job offer before graduation. I,...