Getting 700+

Rhysa

I took the GMAT last month and only scored a 620. :(

I had the scores sent to the schools that I want to get into (Harvard/Columbia/Wharton) - but I know I have virtually no chance with the 620.

I would like to take it again. With some studying, do you think it's possible to get my score up to 700 or higher?

And is it bad that I sent the scores to those schools already?

I took the GMAT last month and only scored a 620. :(

I had the scores sent to the schools that I want to get into (Harvard/Columbia/Wharton) - but I know I have virtually no chance with the 620.

I would like to take it again. With some studying, do you think it's possible to get my score up to 700 or higher?

And is it bad that I sent the scores to those schools already?
Duncan

Yes. Anyone who has successfully gained admission to a university can get 700.

No, it's not bad that you have already sent your scores. Don't worry. If you have not applied, they won't pay much attention.

Yes. Anyone who has successfully gained admission to a university can get 700.

No, it's not bad that you have already sent your scores. Don't worry. If you have not applied, they won't pay much attention.
ralph

I'm sure it's possible.

Target your weaknesses. Take as many practice tests as you can. Get a GMAT prep book. Have people proofread your analytical responses.

If you are really worried take a GMAT course.

I'm sure it's possible.

Target your weaknesses. Take as many practice tests as you can. Get a GMAT prep book. Have people proofread your analytical responses.

If you are really worried take a GMAT course.
kapoor

Hey Rhysa did you re-take your test? I was wondering if you had any advice for people who want to get a 700 or higher.

Hey Rhysa did you re-take your test? I was wondering if you had any advice for people who want to get a 700 or higher.
Rhysa

Not yet. I will take it next month, but I've been studying a lot.

So, I don't really have any advice yet. I've just been using the official GMAC guide, and focusing on the quantitative, because that's my weakness. It's coming along, I put in a few hours a day and do a practice test about once a week. My expected score now is around 700, but I'm going to keep studying until the last minute.

I thought about individual tutoring but didn't think it was worth the investment.

So, I don't really have any advice yet. I've just been using the official GMAC guide, and focusing on the quantitative, because that's my weakness. It's coming along, I put in a few hours a day and do a practice test about once a week. My expected score now is around 700, but I'm going to keep studying until the last minute.

I thought about individual tutoring but didn't think it was worth the investment.
Duncan

You're prepared to invest a year or two into an MBA but you can't see it's worth investing in a few hours tutoring? If a tutor can help you gain 10 or 20 points, and that's the difference between top 25 or second 25, then isn't that worth investing it? The different in outcomes will exceed years of income over the lifetime of your career if you work in an MBA-type role.

You're prepared to invest a year or two into an MBA but you can't see it's worth investing in a few hours tutoring? If a tutor can help you gain 10 or 20 points, and that's the difference between top 25 or second 25, then isn't that worth investing it? The different in outcomes will exceed years of income over the lifetime of your career if you work in an MBA-type role.
kapoor

Nice, I hope you get a great score, and good luck!

<blockquote>Not yet. I will take it next month, but I've been studying a lot.

I thought about individual tutoring but didn't think it was worth the investment.</blockquote>
Nice, I hope you get a great score, and good luck!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

New York City, New York 158 Followers 259 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 84 Followers 204 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 67 Followers 172 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024