Notice Message

MBA Discussions

www.find-jobs.com

Rhino

Dec 09, 2009 12:12

useful 0

Hi all,

Just wondering where should a post-MBA grad works right after graduation?

U.S., Canada, U.K., E.U., middle east, latin america, china, hong kong, etc.

Emerging or developed countries?

Working for MNC or be an enterpreneur?
Hi all,

Just wondering where should a post-MBA grad works right after graduation?

U.S., Canada, U.K., E.U., middle east, latin america, china, hong kong, etc.

Emerging or developed countries?

Working for MNC or be an enterpreneur?

ralph

Dec 21, 2009 01:01

useful 0

This is such a broad question. I think if you're graduating this year, the U.S. is probably not the right place. Maybe another year or two, if they economy improves, that will change.

As far as the rest of the world goes, it's usually much easier to get a job in the country you studied in... For example, LBS students have a foothold in the U.K., John Molson students in Canada, etc. Even if the schools don't necessarily provide job placement assistance, the purely geographical aspect of having already been in the country for one or two years is at the very least marginally advantageous.

Personally, I think it would be extremely interesting (and lucrative!!) to work in an emerging market right now: China, Brazil, India... I think students who study in these regions will have more opportunities to get in on some insane growth in the next decade or two.
This is such a broad question. I think if you're graduating this year, the U.S. is probably not the right place. Maybe another year or two, if they economy improves, that will change.

As far as the rest of the world goes, it's usually much easier to get a job in the country you studied in... For example, LBS students have a foothold in the U.K., John Molson students in Canada, etc. Even if the schools don't necessarily provide job placement assistance, the purely geographical aspect of having already been in the country for one or two years is at the very least marginally advantageous.

Personally, I think it would be extremely interesting (and lucrative!!) to work in an emerging market right now: China, Brazil, India... I think students who study in these regions will have more opportunities to get in on some insane growth in the next decade or two.

Oshrat.H

Dec 23, 2009 11:25

useful 0

Latin America, and especially Brazil seems to have had no crisis.... but would be hard if you don't speak Portuguese/Spanish.
Latin America, and especially Brazil seems to have had no crisis.... but would be hard if you don't speak Portuguese/Spanish.

Reply to Post