What should I do for the MBA?

linnrobin

Greetings all,

I'm an undergraduate students in computer science at Taiwan and a minor degree in Japanese literature. For your info, I haven't graduated yet (3 semesters to go). I'd like to make a plan in how to getting my MBA degree.

I'm interested in entrepreneurship, international trading and corporate business.

- Asia, America, Europe all around the globe is fine as long as I can get real study experience. Not just theory. What I've got in mind are: Hongkong, Japan, US, Singapore, Britain.

- My purpose in getting MBA is for my foundation to opening a corporate / business someday. I'll bring back the "system" that I learned to my homeland. So the case in making a career in a company is close to zero.

I'm actually interested in NTU-waseda program for double MBA degree. You can find it here:

http://www.find-mba.com/university/1756/nanyang-technological-university-ntu-nanyang-business-school

But the problem is I don't have any working experience. From what I've read, many of you would suggest to get some working experience first. Okay, that makes sense, but is there any other way so i can get what I want from a university without a working experience? (a good one of course)

P.S:
1. I'm not from Taiwan, I'm a foreign student from Indonesia.
2. I've been an organization leader in my university. Does that count as a working experience?
3. As I'm going to be bachelor in computer science, I really would like to do some business in computer / applied electronics area.

thanks for the reply guys... :)

Greetings all,

I'm an undergraduate students in computer science at Taiwan and a minor degree in Japanese literature. For your info, I haven't graduated yet (3 semesters to go). I'd like to make a plan in how to getting my MBA degree.

I'm interested in entrepreneurship, international trading and corporate business.

- Asia, America, Europe all around the globe is fine as long as I can get real study experience. Not just theory. What I've got in mind are: Hongkong, Japan, US, Singapore, Britain.

- My purpose in getting MBA is for my foundation to opening a corporate / business someday. I'll bring back the "system" that I learned to my homeland. So the case in making a career in a company is close to zero.

I'm actually interested in NTU-waseda program for double MBA degree. You can find it here:

http://www.find-mba.com/university/1756/nanyang-technological-university-ntu-nanyang-business-school

But the problem is I don't have any working experience. From what I've read, many of you would suggest to get some working experience first. Okay, that makes sense, but is there any other way so i can get what I want from a university without a working experience? (a good one of course)

P.S:
1. I'm not from Taiwan, I'm a foreign student from Indonesia.
2. I've been an organization leader in my university. Does that count as a working experience?
3. As I'm going to be bachelor in computer science, I really would like to do some business in computer / applied electronics area.

thanks for the reply guys... :)
Ray.lee

Respect to your condition, these are my suggestions.
Firstly, be sure of the porpose why you wanna get a MBA degree. No need to get a meanless degree only for academic background improvement. As to me, I really want to promote my career development through this project.
Short of working experience maybe will confuse you somehow when you are dealing with case studies.

Perhaps you should make more research before making a decesion.:)

Respect to your condition, these are my suggestions.
Firstly, be sure of the porpose why you wanna get a MBA degree. No need to get a meanless degree only for academic background improvement. As to me, I really want to promote my career development through this project.
Short of working experience maybe will confuse you somehow when you are dealing with case studies.

Perhaps you should make more research before making a decesion.:)
raulchebat

Hi linnrobin,

I agree with Ray.lee, at the very minimum, you should have AT LEAST 3 years of work experience.. 4 years would be even better.. Don't be too much in a hurry; when you're working in your chosen field, that's the time you can decide what you really want, whether you will stay current in your field or make a career shift.. That's the time you decide which program to pursue, based on your CAREER INTERESTS, and whether it's a good fit for you.

With regards to the dual master's degree of Waseda and NTU, it's a very good program. However, if you want to work or go out of Asia afterwards, you may be at a disadvantage, since not all western countries (especially the US) knows those schools. Again, it really depends on what you want. If you want a dual master's program, there are a lot in the US. And almost all US MBA programs offer various specializations/concentrations.

I hope this helps!

Hi linnrobin,

I agree with Ray.lee, at the very minimum, you should have AT LEAST 3 years of work experience.. 4 years would be even better.. Don't be too much in a hurry; when you're working in your chosen field, that's the time you can decide what you really want, whether you will stay current in your field or make a career shift.. That's the time you decide which program to pursue, based on your CAREER INTERESTS, and whether it's a good fit for you.

With regards to the dual master's degree of Waseda and NTU, it's a very good program. However, if you want to work or go out of Asia afterwards, you may be at a disadvantage, since not all western countries (especially the US) knows those schools. Again, it really depends on what you want. If you want a dual master's program, there are a lot in the US. And almost all US MBA programs offer various specializations/concentrations.

I hope this helps!

I am an Indian, and i want to do MBA,
i want to know, how can i take admission and what is the fee structure in rupees?

I am an Indian, and i want to do MBA,
i want to know, how can i take admission and what is the fee structure in rupees?
fishball

Sandeep, nobody really cares about your question. Go somewhere else and do your own research.

----

Anyway, there are several schools that offer fresh graduates admissions. I know Wharton does (I know a guy who went there immediately after graduation), and I know that Harvard has a 2 + 2 program. You may want to look at those especially American programs, European programs definitely require some working experience..

Sandeep, nobody really cares about your question. Go somewhere else and do your own research.

----

Anyway, there are several schools that offer fresh graduates admissions. I know Wharton does (I know a guy who went there immediately after graduation), and I know that Harvard has a 2 + 2 program. You may want to look at those especially American programs, European programs definitely require some working experience..

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Boston, Massachusetts 84 Followers 204 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 67 Followers 171 Discussions
Tokyo, Japan 18 Followers 9 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

Hot Discussions