Warwick, LSE, Imperial Msc Management admission with a low GPA but High Gmat

marco89

Hi all.
I would like to have information about the subject of the topic.
Few words about me. 5 years BA + MA 2.2 eq. in a Tier-2 Italian Law School. 4 Years experience in a Telco firm (1600 employees, € 32 million revenue last year) as an Help Desk Consultant (our customers are large multinational companies & SME's) and 1 year Legal experience as as a Trainee Lawyer.
I obtained my degree this april on time and while working, and this is the reason of my low GPA.
In fact, before starting working, I have an arithmetic mean of 29,4 out of 30.
Do you think I may have a chance to be admitted in Warwick, LSE, Imperial if I strenghten my application with a high GMAT score?
I would like to apply also to RSM, but I don't speak any Dutch.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

[Edited by marco89 on Nov 06, 2014]

Hi all.
I would like to have information about the subject of the topic.
Few words about me. 5 years BA + MA 2.2 eq. in a Tier-2 Italian Law School. 4 Years experience in a Telco firm (1600 employees, € 32 million revenue last year) as an Help Desk Consultant (our customers are large multinational companies & SME's) and 1 year Legal experience as as a Trainee Lawyer.
I obtained my degree this april on time and while working, and this is the reason of my low GPA.
In fact, before starting working, I have an arithmetic mean of 29,4 out of 30.
Do you think I may have a chance to be admitted in Warwick, LSE, Imperial if I strenghten my application with a high GMAT score?
I would like to apply also to RSM, but I don't speak any Dutch.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Duncan

Yes. Apply.

Yes. Apply.
Mamit

I believe you should certainly make an application as B schools look at the entire profile including academics, professional experience & test scores and not any factor in isolation can be given too much emphasis. So try hard for a great GMAT score & apply. Good Luck!

I believe you should certainly make an application as B schools look at the entire profile including academics, professional experience & test scores and not any factor in isolation can be given too much emphasis. So try hard for a great GMAT score & apply. Good Luck!
ralph

I don't think that a low GPA score is necessarily a dealbreaker, as long as your work experience is solid and your GMAT score is within the school's median range.

Also, I don't think LSE offers an MBA. They offer the Trium EMBA with NYU Stern and HEC Paris, great program by the way.

I don't think that a low GPA score is necessarily a dealbreaker, as long as your work experience is solid and your GMAT score is within the school's median range.

Also, I don't think LSE offers an MBA. They offer the Trium EMBA with NYU Stern and HEC Paris, great program by the way.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 107 Followers 348 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 12 Followers 116 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Can a Low GPA Hurt Your MBA Admissions Chances?

Article Aug 20, 2014

Undergrad performance is important for MBA admissions, but it's not everything

Hot Discussions