UK MBA admission via consultancy

Aishu

Hi,

I'm planning to do my MBA in UK.I'm from India. B.E in I.T and have 3 years experience In software.

I contacted few consultancies to help me with the admission.They said that they have tie ups with universities like Aston,nottingham trent, Durham and many more..and that I don't have to take my GMAT for applying to these universities.(although they asked me to take IELTS)

My question is, Is it safe to apply without a GMAT score? Even if I get admission, will this affect me find a job after the course?

Thank You in advance for your reply!

Hi,

I'm planning to do my MBA in UK.I'm from India. B.E in I.T and have 3 years experience In software.

I contacted few consultancies to help me with the admission.They said that they have tie ups with universities like Aston,nottingham trent, Durham and many more..and that I don't have to take my GMAT for applying to these universities.(although they asked me to take IELTS)

My question is, Is it safe to apply without a GMAT score? Even if I get admission, will this affect me find a job after the course?

Thank You in advance for your reply!
Duncan

If you want to get a job, then I don't understand why you would apply to non-GMAT schools. Take a look at http://board.find-mba.com/general-forum/gmat-vs-non-gmat-for-mba-entry-criteria-38487

If you want to get a job, then I don't understand why you would apply to non-GMAT schools. Take a look at http://board.find-mba.com/general-forum/gmat-vs-non-gmat-for-mba-entry-criteria-38487
Aishu

Thank You Dunkan!
I read the forum about GMAT.And yes I had the same thought.But what the consulatant told me was, its not that the university does not require a GMAT; since I'm applying via the consultancy, which has a tie up, it's not mandatory for me to submit the score while applying.
and that the university will request a score later for further processing...
Do you think these consultancies are legit? Am i taking a risk?

Thank You Dunkan!
I read the forum about GMAT.And yes I had the same thought.But what the consulatant told me was, its not that the university does not require a GMAT; since I'm applying via the consultancy, which has a tie up, it's not mandatory for me to submit the score while applying.
and that the university will request a score later for further processing...
Duncan

If you can get into a better school, which requires the GMAT, then do. I can't think of any reason to consider Trent, which doesn't have AMBA accreditation.

These schools are not waiting the GMAT because you come through a consultancy; they will waive them for any interesting candidate.

If you can get into a better school, which requires the GMAT, then do. I can't think of any reason to consider Trent, which doesn't have AMBA accreditation.

These schools are not waiting the GMAT because you come through a consultancy; they will waive them for any interesting candidate.
badux

No, the consultancy isn't really adding any value in this sense. You can apply to these schools without submitting the GMAT by yourself.

Where a consultancy can help you is by helping you put together the best application you can. This includes advising you on which schools to apply to, giving you suggestions on who you should ask for your letters of recommendation, and even helping you with your application essays.

If you don't need these kinds of services, and are only using the consultancy because they say they can waive GMAT requirements (which is not really true), then it's probably not worth it.

[quote]Do you think these consultancies are legit? Am i taking a risk?[/quote]

No, the consultancy isn't really adding any value in this sense. You can apply to these schools without submitting the GMAT by yourself.

Where a consultancy can help you is by helping you put together the best application you can. This includes advising you on which schools to apply to, giving you suggestions on who you should ask for your letters of recommendation, and even helping you with your application essays.

If you don't need these kinds of services, and are only using the consultancy because they say they can waive GMAT requirements (which is not really true), then it's probably not worth it.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 338 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 27 Followers 180 Discussions

Other Related Content

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

Article Jun 08, 2012

How MBA programs outside the capital can offer global, practical experience

Hot Discussions