Too soon for MBA?

Tropic

I'm wondering what the average age is for enrollment in an MBA program? I just finished my undergrad and I'm interested in Arts Management programs, specifically design. Does it make more sense to work for a few years first, then apply for an MBA? I suppose it depends on the program requirements, but I'm wondering if I'm too young to enter into the MBA world. Any thoughts?

I'm wondering what the average age is for enrollment in an MBA program? I just finished my undergrad and I'm interested in Arts Management programs, specifically design. Does it make more sense to work for a few years first, then apply for an MBA? I suppose it depends on the program requirements, but I'm wondering if I'm too young to enter into the MBA world. Any thoughts?
luanna

There are some programs that allow recent graduates to enter, and some have a minimum requirement of work experience. I'm at Alma Graduate School in Bologna, Italy where the min is 2 years work experience. I think experience would be beneficial, but I don't think it's crucial. It may be difficult for you to get internships, especially if you are competing for positions with people who have a lot of work experience.

There are some programs that allow recent graduates to enter, and some have a minimum requirement of work experience. I'm at Alma Graduate School in Bologna, Italy where the min is 2 years work experience. I think experience would be beneficial, but I don't think it's crucial. It may be difficult for you to get internships, especially if you are competing for positions with people who have a lot of work experience.
Tropic

Hi luanna, I just replied to your post about Food & Wine at Bologna. I am actually interested in their Design program, too, which you mentioned you're currently enrolled in. I think I'll definitely need work experience, because I could use a scholarship. If I could ask you, though, what was your design work experience in the States? Thanks.

Hi luanna, I just replied to your post about Food & Wine at Bologna. I am actually interested in their Design program, too, which you mentioned you're currently enrolled in. I think I'll definitely need work experience, because I could use a scholarship. If I could ask you, though, what was your design work experience in the States? Thanks.
luanna

I don't have any design experience, and you don't need design experience to qualify for the scholarships! It's based on various factors that make up the strength of your application. Maybe you have a strong GMAT or GRE score. If you've not taken either, you can also sit for the admission exam. There are ppl here who had no experience in design, luxury or fashion. You may want to email the school if you want specifics as to what they are looking for or what they are basing it on. I think it's [email protected]

Additionally, there is financial aid (work-study) and honor loans available for all admitted students. What is your background?

I don't have any design experience, and you don't need design experience to qualify for the scholarships! It's based on various factors that make up the strength of your application. Maybe you have a strong GMAT or GRE score. If you've not taken either, you can also sit for the admission exam. There are ppl here who had no experience in design, luxury or fashion. You may want to email the school if you want specifics as to what they are looking for or what they are basing it on. I think it's [email protected]

Additionally, there is financial aid (work-study) and honor loans available for all admitted students. What is your background?
Tropic

Thanks for the great info. It's also a relief to know I don't need design/fashion work experience to apply for a scholarship, but you're right about the internship - that might be a bit more difficult. I'll definitely contact the school to get a clearer idea about what they're looking for. I have a Bachelors degree in Art and Design, but I wanted to move away from visual arts and into fashion. I've worked freelance as a graphic designer, but not for a company, as I'm a recent graduate. So that's why I was assuming I'm not experienced enough for the MBA at Alma. Your info is really great, though. Thanks a lot for the inspiration.

Thanks for the great info. It's also a relief to know I don't need design/fashion work experience to apply for a scholarship, but you're right about the internship - that might be a bit more difficult. I'll definitely contact the school to get a clearer idea about what they're looking for. I have a Bachelors degree in Art and Design, but I wanted to move away from visual arts and into fashion. I've worked freelance as a graphic designer, but not for a company, as I'm a recent graduate. So that's why I was assuming I'm not experienced enough for the MBA at Alma. Your info is really great, though. Thanks a lot for the inspiration.
amydecia

that good news for newbies in this sector. But this will be never easy. Hope for the best.Thanks for sharing. :D

that good news for newbies in this sector. But this will be never easy. Hope for the best.Thanks for sharing. :D

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Bologna, Italy 39 Followers 26 Discussions