ROI Report on European Full Time MBA by QS

jimshui

Another report was released. The conclusion reveals that the salary of a European MBA graduate is higher than those of a master's graduate. However, it is arguable that the MBA graduate do already have far more work experience by the time they graduate.

http://www.topmba.com/system/files/pdf-uploads/qs_roi_report_2015-v2.pdf

[Edited by jimshui on Jan 29, 2015]

Another report was released. The conclusion reveals that the salary of a European MBA graduate is higher than those of a master's graduate. However, it is arguable that the MBA graduate do already have far more work experience by the time they graduate.

http://www.topmba.com/system/files/pdf-uploads/qs_roi_report_2015-v2.pdf
Duncan

That link is bust, you there is a supporting article at:
http://www.topmba.com/admissions/financing-your-mba/mba-roi-top-european-schools-mba-salary-boost

Four schools seem to produce a very high salary uplift, around 150%, because the students on average have much lower salaries going in to the programme than other ranked schools:-
- Vlerick
- St Gallen
- University of Edinburgh Business School
- ESMT

That said, NPV is always a better measure than RoI. The top ten business schools might have 'only' a 100% uplift, but the salaries in the 150K region add up to a huge lifeline premium over schools that might be a bigger percentage increase, but to smaller salaries.

That link is bust, you there is a supporting article at:
http://www.topmba.com/admissions/financing-your-mba/mba-roi-top-european-schools-mba-salary-boost

Four schools seem to produce a very high salary uplift, around 150%, because the students on average have much lower salaries going in to the programme than other ranked schools:-
- Vlerick
- St Gallen
- University of Edinburgh Business School
- ESMT

That said, NPV is always a better measure than RoI. The top ten business schools might have 'only' a 100% uplift, but the salaries in the 150K region add up to a huge lifeline premium over schools that might be a bigger percentage increase, but to smaller salaries.

jimshui

The detailed report can be downloaded via the link I quoted by the PC's browser and you have to register QS account and login first. I tried to use iPhone and iPad to open it but failed.

In the report, NPV and estimated return in 10/20 years are stated.

[Edited by jimshui on Jan 31, 2015]

The detailed report can be downloaded via the link I quoted by the PC's browser and you have to register QS account and login first. I tried to use iPhone and iPad to open it but failed.

In the report, NPV and estimated return in 10/20 years are stated.
kumar112

what i couldnt understand in the report is how higher ranked schools show percentages less than the lower ranked schools in terms of employment with in three months for example strathclyde shows 97% and Manchester business school shows 81%/when you are a international student should be aiming for less ranked schools as most of them get employed and as result get a chance to earn and repay their loan

[Edited by kumar112 on Feb 01, 2015]

what i couldnt understand in the report is how higher ranked schools show percentages less than the lower ranked schools in terms of employment with in three months for example strathclyde shows 97% and Manchester business school shows 81%/when you are a international student should be aiming for less ranked schools as most of them get employed and as result get a chance to earn and repay their loan
Duncan

Manchester: 115,763 but say it takes on average three months longer to get a job. 98,839 at Strathclyde. Do the sums; at least $20k a year more for a 30 year career is more than three months' salary.

Manchester: 115,763 but say it takes on average three months longer to get a job. 98,839 at Strathclyde. Do the sums; at least $20k a year more for a 30 year career is more than three months' salary.
Duncan

Similarly, 148,148 at IMD, but only 77% working after three months; 167,676 at IIM-A but only 88%... You've be crazy to turn down higher quality schools just because it takes longer.

Similarly, 148,148 at IMD, but only 77% working after three months; 167,676 at IIM-A but only 88%... You've be crazy to turn down higher quality schools just because it takes longer.
kumar112

Thanks for the reply but in the report the Manchester avg salary was given as 80,240. thats why i was confused might be i am misreading something

Thanks for the reply but in the report the Manchester avg salary was given as 80,240. thats why i was confused might be i am misreading something
Duncan

The FT ranking is more useful: that shows salaries three years after graduating, so I used those for maximum insight. The differences grow over time, and that gives you better insight into the NPV.

The FT ranking is more useful: that shows salaries three years after graduating, so I used those for maximum insight. The differences grow over time, and that gives you better insight into the NPV.
Duncan

I've taken a look at the report (Online at http://www.topmba.com/system/files/pdf-uploads/qs_roi_report_2015-v2.pdf). Misleadingly they describe the 20 and 10 year figures as both NPV and RoI but, indeed, the calculation is NPV. The tricky thing is that they add in the different average starting salaries, and that's something for each person to factor in because their opportunity cost will differ. At Mannheim, for example, the NPV is $3.5m and at Strathclyde it's $2.8m, but that assumes that the Mannheim student starts on 62,000 while the Strathclyde person is only on 50,000. In fact one person with the choice of two schools would have the same input salary, so the gap would be even larger.

[Edited by Duncan on Feb 06, 2015]

I've taken a look at the report (Online at http://www.topmba.com/system/files/pdf-uploads/qs_roi_report_2015-v2.pdf). Misleadingly they describe the 20 and 10 year figures as both NPV and RoI but, indeed, the calculation is NPV. The tricky thing is that they add in the different average starting salaries, and that's something for each person to factor in because their opportunity cost will differ. At Mannheim, for example, the NPV is $3.5m and at Strathclyde it's $2.8m, but that assumes that the Mannheim student starts on 62,000 while the Strathclyde person is only on 50,000. In fact one person with the choice of two schools would have the same input salary, so the gap would be even larger.

maury

Since it was difficult for me to download and open this file, I'm putting the most interesting rankings here in case others have problems:

Top 20 for salary uplift:

1. Vlerick Business school
2. St.Gallen MBA
3. University of Edinburgh Business School
4. ESMT
5. European University
6. HHL Leipzig GSM
7. MIB School of Management
8. HEC Paris MBA
9. Durham University Business School
10. University of Bath School of Management
11. EMLYON Business School
12. London Business School
13. SDA Bocconi School of Management
14. University of Strathclyde GSB
15. ESIC
16. Imperial College Business School
17. Aston Business School
18. Amsterdam Business School
19. EDHEC Business School
20. IMD

Top 20 for fostering entrepreneurship:

1. EDHEC Business School
2. HHL Leipzig
3. WHU Otto Beisheim
4. ESSEC Business School
5. Cambridge Judge Business School
6. Imperial College Business School
7. Saïd Business School
8. Rotterdam School of Management
9. Brunel Business School
10. ESMT
11. ESIC
12. Grenoble
13. St.Gallen MBA
14. IE Business School
15. Warwick Business School
16. The Lisbon MBA
17. London Business School
18. INSEAD
19. Durham University Business School
20. Cranfield School of Management

Schools with the lowest tuition fees and the cost of their MBA programs in USD:

CEU Business School $14,760
European University $18,600
Nottingham Business School $26,103
Aston Business School $27,797
Grenoble GSB $28,485
Brunel Business School $28,875
ESIC $32,672
MIB School of Management $34,000
MIP Politecnico di Milano $35,474
ESMT $36,500

Since it was difficult for me to download and open this file, I'm putting the most interesting rankings here in case others have problems:

Top 20 for salary uplift:

1. Vlerick Business school
2. St.Gallen MBA
3. University of Edinburgh Business School
4. ESMT
5. European University
6. HHL Leipzig GSM
7. MIB School of Management
8. HEC Paris MBA
9. Durham University Business School
10. University of Bath School of Management
11. EMLYON Business School
12. London Business School
13. SDA Bocconi School of Management
14. University of Strathclyde GSB
15. ESIC
16. Imperial College Business School
17. Aston Business School
18. Amsterdam Business School
19. EDHEC Business School
20. IMD

Top 20 for fostering entrepreneurship:

1. EDHEC Business School
2. HHL Leipzig
3. WHU Otto Beisheim
4. ESSEC Business School
5. Cambridge Judge Business School
6. Imperial College Business School
7. Saïd Business School
8. Rotterdam School of Management
9. Brunel Business School
10. ESMT
11. ESIC
12. Grenoble
13. St.Gallen MBA
14. IE Business School
15. Warwick Business School
16. The Lisbon MBA
17. London Business School
18. INSEAD
19. Durham University Business School
20. Cranfield School of Management

Schools with the lowest tuition fees and the cost of their MBA programs in USD:

CEU Business School $14,760
European University $18,600
Nottingham Business School $26,103
Aston Business School $27,797
Grenoble GSB $28,485
Brunel Business School $28,875
ESIC $32,672
MIB School of Management $34,000
MIP Politecnico di Milano $35,474
ESMT $36,500

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Gent, Belgium 13 Followers 93 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 35 Followers 267 Discussions
Bath, United Kingdom 18 Followers 207 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 107 Followers 348 Discussions
Milan, Italy 22 Followers 82 Discussions
St. Gallen, Switzerland 44 Followers 142 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 338 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 27 Followers 180 Discussions
Full Profile
Ecully, France 55 Followers 141 Discussions
Grenoble Cedex 01, France 26 Followers 119 Discussions
Trieste, Italy 32 Followers 34 Discussions
Amsterdam, Netherlands 25 Followers 26 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 206 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Full Profile
Berlin, Germany 159 Followers 175 Discussions
Middlesex, United Kingdom 18 Followers 131 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 53 Followers 475 Discussions
Full Profile
Nice, France 30 Followers 152 Discussions
Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Lausanne, Switzerland 46 Followers 155 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 367 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions
Vienna, Austria 19 Followers 69 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 277 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 53 Followers 289 Discussions
Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid), Spain 2 Followers 13 Discussions

Other Related Content

Dec 01, 2023

Warwick Launches New Hybrid Accelerator MBA For March 2024 Intake

News Dec 01, 2023

MBA Salaries: Show Me the Money

Article Aug 23, 2017

What kind of salary can you expect to earn after an MBA?