Really confused : Pls help

anish_sha

Hi guys, i am planning fro an MBA this fall.. just finished my engg in mechanical and in to family business now.. i contacted several edu consultants and these are the universities they have short listed for me..

UK

1.COVENTRY UNIVERSITY(LONDON CAMPUS)
UNDER 5 SPECIALIZATIONS

2.LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY(MAY 2011)

3.UWIC(UNIVERSITY OF WALES IN CARDIFF)

4.TEESSIDE UNIVERSITY(SEPTEMBER 2011)

USA
1.Hult International Business School
2.New Southern Hampshire University
3.Saginaw Valley State University
4.Long Island University, CW Post Campus, NY
5.Pittsburg State University
6.Arkansas State University, Arkansas
7.University of North Alabama, Alabama
8.University of Bridgeport, Connecticut
9.International Technological University, California
10.Northwestern Polytechnic University, California
11.Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma
12.Troy University, Alabama
13.University of Findlay, Ohio
14.Virginia International University, Virginia
15.Dallas Baptist University
16.South East Missouri State University
17University of Colorado Denver
18.Florida International University

AUS

1.Curtin University (which comes in top 100)

Hi guys, i am planning fro an MBA this fall.. just finished my engg in mechanical and in to family business now.. i contacted several edu consultants and these are the universities they have short listed for me..

UK

1.COVENTRY UNIVERSITY(LONDON CAMPUS)
UNDER 5 SPECIALIZATIONS

2.LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY(MAY 2011)

3.UWIC(UNIVERSITY OF WALES IN CARDIFF)

4.TEESSIDE UNIVERSITY(SEPTEMBER 2011)

USA
1.Hult International Business School
2.New Southern Hampshire University
3.Saginaw Valley State University
4.Long Island University, CW Post Campus, NY
5.Pittsburg State University
6.Arkansas State University, Arkansas
7.University of North Alabama, Alabama
8.University of Bridgeport, Connecticut
9.International Technological University, California
10.Northwestern Polytechnic University, California
11.Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma
12.Troy University, Alabama
13.University of Findlay, Ohio
14.Virginia International University, Virginia
15.Dallas Baptist University
16.South East Missouri State University
17University of Colorado Denver
18.Florida International University

AUS

1.Curtin University (which comes in top 100)
Malia

Go for Hult or University of Colorado Denver.

Other ones to consider from your list could be Saginaw Valley State, Long Island University, Pittsburg State University, Arkansas State University, Florida International and Curtin.

In the US/UK, I would not even think about applying to any programs without AACSB or AMBA accreditation.

Go for Hult or University of Colorado Denver.

Other ones to consider from your list could be Saginaw Valley State, Long Island University, Pittsburg State University, Arkansas State University, Florida International and Curtin.

In the US/UK, I would not even think about applying to any programs without AACSB or AMBA accreditation.
anish_sha

What if i am plannin in Aus...? which one wud be good...

Evan2007

Then it looks like Curtin then, huh?

That's a very unusual shortlist. How in did you come up with it?

Then it looks like Curtin then, huh?

That's a very unusual shortlist. How in did you come up with it?
anish_sha

I dint shortlist.. its my consultant who did it for me according to my academic sand profile

I dint shortlist.. its my consultant who did it for me according to my academic sand profile
Alain

AGSM and Melbourne Business School are the top choices for Australia.

<blockquote>What if i am plannin in Aus...? which one wud be good...</blockquote>

AGSM and Melbourne Business School are the top choices for Australia.
Bal1der

Definitely HULT as it's a very promising b-school. I would ask you to learn more about HULT.

Broadly, you shall notice-discover below points about HULT MBA program:

1. 5 global campuses, at key locations (Cities where Businesses & Clients are)
2. Extremely diverse class (500+ batch mates from 100+ countries)
3. Experienced & Best in class faculty (Real Practitioners + from various top universities)
4. Campus rotation opportunity in module C & D http://www.hult.edu/Global-Campuses/GlobalCampuses
5. Global Case Challenge: http://www.hultglobalcasechallenge.com/
6. Executive track: http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/our-program/executive-track
7. Huge scholarships
8. Action learning project: http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/our-program/action-learning
9. IXL centre: http://www.ixl-center.com/
10. Innovation Olympics:http://www.ixl-center.com/images/stories/brochures/ixl_center-hult_innovation_olympics.pdf
11. An extremely active career services & corporate relations team
12. A boutique MBA School focussed only on business programs

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Definitely HULT as it's a very promising b-school. I would ask you to learn more about HULT.

Broadly, you shall notice-discover below points about HULT MBA program:

1. 5 global campuses, at key locations (Cities where Businesses & Clients are)
2. Extremely diverse class (500+ batch mates from 100+ countries)
3. Experienced & Best in class faculty (Real Practitioners + from various top universities)
4. Campus rotation opportunity in module C & D http://www.hult.edu/Global-Campuses/GlobalCampuses
5. Global Case Challenge: http://www.hultglobalcasechallenge.com/
6. Executive track: http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/our-program/executive-track
7. Huge scholarships
8. Action learning project: http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/our-program/action-learning
9. IXL centre: http://www.ixl-center.com/
10. Innovation Olympics:http://www.ixl-center.com/images/stories/brochures/ixl_center-hult_innovation_olympics.pdf
11. An extremely active career services & corporate relations team
12. A boutique MBA School focussed only on business programs

Hope this helps

Cheers!
anish_sha

Right now what i plan is HULT london.. pls let me know ur suggestion guys...

Right now what i plan is HULT london.. pls let me know ur suggestion guys...
anish_sha

HULT is offering me a MIB not MBA.. would it be worth to go for that?

HULT is offering me a MIB not MBA.. would it be worth to go for that?

You can do an MBA at Leeds Metropolitan University
Financial centre of the UK, good diversity of mix on the programme. contact the MBA director on [email protected]

You can do an MBA at Leeds Metropolitan University
Financial centre of the UK, good diversity of mix on the programme. contact the MBA director on [email protected]
Duncan

I think you'll find that London is the financial centre of the UK.

I think you'll find that London is the financial centre of the UK.

Actually I think you'll find that many of the Banks have transfered HQ to Leeds and it is the second largest capital for finance in UK

Actually I think you'll find that many of the Banks have transfered HQ to Leeds and it is the second largest capital for finance in UK
Duncan

Can you name one bank which has moved its headquarters to Leeds? I know First Direct has always been there, and of course the Yorkshire Bank. Second place is not the centre, and the idea that Leeds has more banking jobs than Edinburgh seems hard - especially at the MBA level.

Can you name one bank which has moved its headquarters to Leeds? I know First Direct has always been there, and of course the Yorkshire Bank. Second place is not the centre, and the idea that Leeds has more banking jobs than Edinburgh seems hard - especially at the MBA level.
Duncan

According to the Office for National Statistics, London has 333K financial services jobs, compared to 36K for Edinburgh and 32K for Leeds. In terms of MBA-level jobs (which would be most appropriate) the difference is even sharper:

I just searched LinkedIn for MBAs working in the UK in finance (Accounting, banking, financial services, insurance and investment banking). That gives 17,000 results - an excellent sample size. London has more than half of them: 8839. Edinburgh comes second with 443, with more than double the place in third place: Harrow (213). Then come Twickenham, Birmingham, Manchester, Reading, Glasgow, Guildford... In terms of MBA finance vacancies, Leeds (with 137) isn't even in the top ten.

According to the Office for National Statistics, London has 333K financial services jobs, compared to 36K for Edinburgh and 32K for Leeds. In terms of MBA-level jobs (which would be most appropriate) the difference is even sharper:

I just searched LinkedIn for MBAs working in the UK in finance (Accounting, banking, financial services, insurance and investment banking). That gives 17,000 results - an excellent sample size. London has more than half of them: 8839. Edinburgh comes second with 443, with more than double the place in third place: Harrow (213). Then come Twickenham, Birmingham, Manchester, Reading, Glasgow, Guildford... In terms of MBA finance vacancies, Leeds (with 137) isn't even in the top ten.

You claim detail but fail to say the year these stats are for. Also you do not state the UK's MBA growth in jobs to other countries ...balanced or what

You claim detail but fail to say the year these stats are for. Also you do not state the UK's MBA growth in jobs to other countries ...balanced or what
Duncan

Hi Maria; since I am the one providing facts for both Leeds and other cities and you are not providing anything beyond the claim that Leeds is the UK financial centre I don't think you;re in any position to be chiding me about balance.

The data I cited about employment were published by the ONS in October 2010. The LinkedIn data are live.

I don't exactly understand the point you're making about the growth of MBA jobs in the UK. Let me make the point I am making: Leeds Met's alumni are overwhelmingly in the UK, but there are also modest pools of alumni in other countries, especially India, the US, Spain, Australia and France. An MBA with a focus on international employment seems, to me, to be a way to say that non-EU students should not expect to get jobs in the EU as a result of this programme. Those non-EU students are the principle audience for the graduate MBA. That then produces a few options:
1 - Those students will mostly return to their own countries (I think this is most likely)
2 - Those countries will mostly return to other countries (I think this is most unlikely, since you have neither a active MBA alumni organisation nor a well resources MBA placement team).

If I am getting any of that wrong, please let me know.

Certainly the big growth in MBA opportunities are in the BRICS member countries, and post-experience, accredited MBA programmes get good results for their students there. However, they get those results because of their brand, student quality, network and resources. I don't see how Leeds Met can really hope to be gettings its students into roles in the high-growth countries which are very different from the role its MSc graduates get.

Hi Maria; since I am the one providing facts for both Leeds and other cities and you are not providing anything beyond the claim that Leeds is the UK financial centre I don't think you;re in any position to be chiding me about balance.

The data I cited about employment were published by the ONS in October 2010. The LinkedIn data are live.

I don't exactly understand the point you're making about the growth of MBA jobs in the UK. Let me make the point I am making: Leeds Met's alumni are overwhelmingly in the UK, but there are also modest pools of alumni in other countries, especially India, the US, Spain, Australia and France. An MBA with a focus on international employment seems, to me, to be a way to say that non-EU students should not expect to get jobs in the EU as a result of this programme. Those non-EU students are the principle audience for the graduate MBA. That then produces a few options:
1 - Those students will mostly return to their own countries (I think this is most likely)
2 - Those countries will mostly return to other countries (I think this is most unlikely, since you have neither a active MBA alumni organisation nor a well resources MBA placement team).

If I am getting any of that wrong, please let me know.

Certainly the big growth in MBA opportunities are in the BRICS member countries, and post-experience, accredited MBA programmes get good results for their students there. However, they get those results because of their brand, student quality, network and resources. I don't see how Leeds Met can really hope to be gettings its students into roles in the high-growth countries which are very different from the role its MSc graduates get.

I find they way that you appear to profess about a Leeds Met alumni some what incredulous-more facts less subjectivity please. Your perspective is yours and every reader should read with caution as statements made are subjective and speculative. For anyone wanting the facts please contact myself.

I find they way that you appear to profess about a Leeds Met alumni some what incredulous-more facts less subjectivity please. Your perspective is yours and every reader should read with caution as statements made are subjective and speculative. For anyone wanting the facts please contact myself.
Duncan

Maria, none of my data about Leeds Met alumni are subjective; of course you have offered no data. Anyone can buy premium access to LinkedIn data, which gives an excellent sample of alumni of UK universities, and that confirms what I have said. they can also check for themselves your claims that Leeds is the UK financial centre to which banks have moved their headquarters.

If my data were really incorrect, you would correct them here rather than ask for private messages. But actually your problem is not with the data but the reality of graduate MBAs: the graduates do not get substantially different results from MSc graduates in management. I appreciate that my line of reasoning is uncomfortable but please do engage in the discussion you started rather than running away from the facts.

Maria, none of my data about Leeds Met alumni are subjective; of course you have offered no data. Anyone can buy premium access to LinkedIn data, which gives an excellent sample of alumni of UK universities, and that confirms what I have said. they can also check for themselves your claims that Leeds is the UK financial centre to which banks have moved their headquarters.

If my data were really incorrect, you would correct them here rather than ask for private messages. But actually your problem is not with the data but the reality of graduate MBAs: the graduates do not get substantially different results from MSc graduates in management. I appreciate that my line of reasoning is uncomfortable but please do engage in the discussion you started rather than running away from the facts.

Your statements are subjective an example is "the graduates do not get substantially different results from MSc graduates in management" not underpinned or supported this is only your perception. MBA candidates at Leeds Metropolitan University are taught the difference between subjectivity and supported statements.
Nothing uncomfortable about responding to your subjective statements.Please be cautioned about taking an individual's
perceptions as accurate factually.

Your statements are subjective an example is "the graduates do not get substantially different results from MSc graduates in management" not underpinned or supported this is only your perception. MBA candidates at Leeds Metropolitan University are taught the difference between subjectivity and supported statements.
Nothing uncomfortable about responding to your subjective statements.Please be cautioned about taking an individual's
perceptions as accurate factually.
Duncan

Hi Maria. Look if you were comfortable responding to statements then you'd produce a fact. Again, the LinkedIn data I have used comparing over 2,000 LMU alumni with MSc degrees versus MBA degrees show no real difference in the seniority of the roles they get (the major difference is that MSc students seem to have been more likely to have taken internships or other jobs while studying).

If you say there is a difference, then say it. But please do understand the deep irony of suggesting that my comments are subjective, when I am the only person in this conversation referencing any facts at all.

Hi Maria. Look if you were comfortable responding to statements then you'd produce a fact. Again, the LinkedIn data I have used comparing over 2,000 LMU alumni with MSc degrees versus MBA degrees show no real difference in the seniority of the roles they get (the major difference is that MSc students seem to have been more likely to have taken internships or other jobs while studying).

If you say there is a difference, then say it. But please do understand the deep irony of suggesting that my comments are subjective, when I am the only person in this conversation referencing any facts at all.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Leeds, United Kingdom 3 Followers 11 Discussions
University Center, Michigan 3 Followers 1 Discussion
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 4 Followers 3 Discussions
Manchester, New Hampshire 7 Followers 5 Discussions
Brookville, New York 9 Followers 5 Discussions
Findlay, Ohio 3 Followers 3 Discussions
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 1 Follower 2 Discussions
Dallas, Texas 5 Followers 1 Discussion
Fairfax, Virginia 7 Followers 2 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 12 Followers 116 Discussions
Cardiff, United Kingdom 13 Followers 29 Discussions
Tees Valley, United Kingdom 4 Followers 5 Discussions
Perth, Australia 5 Followers 17 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 34 Followers 179 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 278 Discussions
Lancaster, United Kingdom 26 Followers 335 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 53 Followers 290 Discussions
Manchester, United Kingdom 65 Followers 515 Discussions
Carlton, Australia 54 Followers 96 Discussions
Florence, Alabama 5 Followers 1 Discussion
Troy, Alabama 2 Followers 2 Discussions
State University, Arkansas 4 Followers 3 Discussions
San Jose, California 5 Followers 2 Discussions
Denver, Colorado 15 Followers 13 Discussions
Bridgeport, Connecticut 6 Followers 4 Discussions
Pittsburg, Kansas 0 Followers 1 Discussion

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Hot Discussions