Query Regarding Jobs in UK after masters

Hello All

I am from India and have 3.5 years of Experience in IT. I am planning to do MBA in UK. Seeing the current visa regulation for international students, Im quite worried if it will be possible to get a job after study in UK?

May i Know the stats for recent graduates from UK who have got a job ? and how difficult or easy is it for an international student for finidng a job in UK post study?

Hello All

I am from India and have 3.5 years of Experience in IT. I am planning to do MBA in UK. Seeing the current visa regulation for international students, Im quite worried if it will be possible to get a job after study in UK?

May i Know the stats for recent graduates from UK who have got a job ? and how difficult or easy is it for an international student for finidng a job in UK post study?
Duncan

This depends on many factors, most of all which school. It's certainly challenging, but I'd say that most international graduates from the top ten UK schools, which require the GMAT, get positions in the UK if they want them.

This depends on many factors, most of all which school. It's certainly challenging, but I'd say that most international graduates from the top ten UK schools, which require the GMAT, get positions in the UK if they want them.
ezra

I agree with Duncan - your best chances for landing a job in the UK after graduation will be by doing an MBA from one of the top schools there - LBS, Cambridge, Oxford, etc.

The main issue is that most of these schools recruit students with around 5-6 years of work experience on average. To get into one of these schools, you're going to want to have something really interesting about your profile - to set yourself apart from the many, many other Indian IT professionals - or get an above average GMAT score (LBS MBAs get around 700, on average, for example...)

I agree with Duncan - your best chances for landing a job in the UK after graduation will be by doing an MBA from one of the top schools there - LBS, Cambridge, Oxford, etc.

The main issue is that most of these schools recruit students with around 5-6 years of work experience on average. To get into one of these schools, you're going to want to have something really interesting about your profile - to set yourself apart from the many, many other Indian IT professionals - or get an above average GMAT score (LBS MBAs get around 700, on average, for example...)

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 278 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 53 Followers 290 Discussions

Other Related Content

Feb 07, 2024

London Business School Announces New 1-Year MBA

News Feb 07, 2024

UK Student Visas: How Will the New Regulations Affect MBAs?

Article May 10, 2011

Despite stricter rules and less perks, business schools insist the UK remains an attractive place for MBAs to study and work

Hot Discussions