Profile evaluation

Arman93

Hi Everyone,
I would like to ask you for some advise for my future MBA.
I graduated with Honors (top 5% of the class) from my bachelor in Economics this June (from Yerevan State University). During my studies I worked in a Hotel as Finance Department Manager, in a construction company as financial analyst and later finance department manager(overall 1,5 years). Also, had an internship in a local Bank, several scholarship from local funds and Central Bank of Armenia(prepared a report in small and medium sized business).
My first GMAT was 600 Q49 V23 ( took it on 11.13)
Retook it recently and got 730 Q50 V38.(08.14)
Also, Toefl ibt 104.
Based on my first GMAT and Toefl I am accepted for Master in Management program at Mannheim starting this September. As my future goal is to study MBA at top-tier B-school (HArvard, Stanford, MIT), I want to prepare my profile as good as possible.
Thus, I would like to know your opinion, whether Mannheim is a good choice for me before MBA. I quite understand that Yerevan State University, well, at least is not a brilliant background. I hope that Mannheim will enrich my experience and possible dual degree ( Mannheim-Moore, Mannheim-Bocconi, MAnnheim-NCCU) will be a good addition to my profile. Wouldn't that be too much of business studies for me? What you think about double MBA? (one from NCCU and the other top-tier)
Actually I am thinking about applying for Harvard 2+2 next year.(so that I finish my studies at Mannheim, work 2years and than do my MBA).
Hope to know your opinion,

Best wishes,
Arman

Hi Everyone,
I would like to ask you for some advise for my future MBA.
I graduated with Honors (top 5% of the class) from my bachelor in Economics this June (from Yerevan State University). During my studies I worked in a Hotel as Finance Department Manager, in a construction company as financial analyst and later finance department manager(overall 1,5 years). Also, had an internship in a local Bank, several scholarship from local funds and Central Bank of Armenia(prepared a report in small and medium sized business).
My first GMAT was 600 Q49 V23 ( took it on 11.13)
Retook it recently and got 730 Q50 V38.(08.14)
Also, Toefl ibt 104.
Based on my first GMAT and Toefl I am accepted for Master in Management program at Mannheim starting this September. As my future goal is to study MBA at top-tier B-school (HArvard, Stanford, MIT), I want to prepare my profile as good as possible.
Thus, I would like to know your opinion, whether Mannheim is a good choice for me before MBA. I quite understand that Yerevan State University, well, at least is not a brilliant background. I hope that Mannheim will enrich my experience and possible dual degree ( Mannheim-Moore, Mannheim-Bocconi, MAnnheim-NCCU) will be a good addition to my profile. Wouldn't that be too much of business studies for me? What you think about double MBA? (one from NCCU and the other top-tier)
Actually I am thinking about applying for Harvard 2+2 next year.(so that I finish my studies at Mannheim, work 2years and than do my MBA).
Hope to know your opinion,

Best wishes,
Arman
J.C.A.P.

Arman,

I suggest you also look at University of Chicago, Booth MBA. They are top ranked MBA by most and very well known all around the world. They also have a very diverse international student body.

Arman,

I suggest you also look at University of Chicago, Booth MBA. They are top ranked MBA by most and very well known all around the world. They also have a very diverse international student body.
Arman93

Thanks for advise.
And what do you think about double MBA?

Thanks for advise.
And what do you think about double MBA?
ralph

Keep in mind that when you apply to MBA programs, most business schools will only look at your post-bachelor's work experience when considering you. So as it is now, if you graduated in June, you would only have one year of work experience in their eyes.

Since Harvard tends to recruit candidates with around four years of work experience on average, you should keep this in mind when planning.

(Most top-tier US programs usually recruit candidates with around 4-5 years of work experience.)

Keep in mind that when you apply to MBA programs, most business schools will only look at your post-bachelor's work experience when considering you. So as it is now, if you graduated in June, you would only have one year of work experience in their eyes.

Since Harvard tends to recruit candidates with around four years of work experience on average, you should keep this in mind when planning.

(Most top-tier US programs usually recruit candidates with around 4-5 years of work experience.)
Arman93

Well that is true, but what about 2+2 program?
If they indeed accept students with no previous full-time work experience, what will be my chances?
Could Mannheim-NCCU background be considered a good one?

Well that is true, but what about 2+2 program?
If they indeed accept students with no previous full-time work experience, what will be my chances?
Could Mannheim-NCCU background be considered a good one?
ralph

I don't know much about the 2+2 program. Why don't you ask Harvard directly?

I don't know much about the 2+2 program. Why don't you ask Harvard directly?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Stanford, California 96 Followers 171 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 85 Followers 204 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 53 Followers 175 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 221 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

Hot Discussions