msc finance schools.

amit101

I am an Indian student currently pursuing a degree in accounting and finance at mumbai uni .I would like to take a pre experience msc degree in finance after I complete my bachelors .I have shortlisted the following programs _
Msc in finance at esade
Msc in finance at cass business school
MA in banking and finance at St gallen
Msc finance at rotman ( uni of Toronto )
Msc finance at bocconi uni milan
I was inclined towards cass but it's placement figures are really bad.only 80 percent of the students were employed within six months. Furthermore I have seen most indian students failing to secure a placement in the UK even after completing a degree at top notch schools like lse, Cranfield and ucl.will I have the chance of breaking into an ib in london after esade, hsg or bocconi? Should I look at more schools in Canada or Australia. Placement seems more secure.the ft rankings 2014 showed a 100 percent employment rate of grads from bocconi and St gallen.i find this highly unlikely though. My aim is to find a job after my degree but I do not want to return to asia.

I am an Indian student currently pursuing a degree in accounting and finance at mumbai uni .I would like to take a pre experience msc degree in finance after I complete my bachelors .I have shortlisted the following programs _
Msc in finance at esade
Msc in finance at cass business school
MA in banking and finance at St gallen
Msc finance at rotman ( uni of Toronto )
Msc finance at bocconi uni milan
I was inclined towards cass but it's placement figures are really bad.only 80 percent of the students were employed within six months. Furthermore I have seen most indian students failing to secure a placement in the UK even after completing a degree at top notch schools like lse, Cranfield and ucl.will I have the chance of breaking into an ib in london after esade, hsg or bocconi? Should I look at more schools in Canada or Australia. Placement seems more secure.the ft rankings 2014 showed a 100 percent employment rate of grads from bocconi and St gallen.i find this highly unlikely though. My aim is to find a job after my degree but I do not want to return to asia.
amit101

Anyone?

Anyone?
Inactive User

I think that it tends to be tricky if you don't speak the language of the country where you're studying. Not many of these business schools publish placement reports for their pre-experience masters program - IE does, though: it's ranked highly by the FT - of its 2012 class, 22 percent were from Asia but 15 percent worked in Asia after graduation; this tells me that there is some international mobility but the majority of the Asian students go back there after graduation.

To best use that FT ranking, you probably want to sort by "international mobility," which tells you which school's graduates end up in a different country from where they are from. Then cross-reference that with the languages that you speak. If you spoke Spanish, for instance, perhaps ESADE would be good; for Dutch RSM would be a good choice, for English LSE, etc.

I think that it tends to be tricky if you don't speak the language of the country where you're studying. Not many of these business schools publish placement reports for their pre-experience masters program - IE does, though: it's ranked highly by the FT - of its 2012 class, 22 percent were from Asia but 15 percent worked in Asia after graduation; this tells me that there is some international mobility but the majority of the Asian students go back there after graduation.

To best use that FT ranking, you probably want to sort by "international mobility," which tells you which school's graduates end up in a different country from where they are from. Then cross-reference that with the languages that you speak. If you spoke Spanish, for instance, perhaps ESADE would be good; for Dutch RSM would be a good choice, for English LSE, etc.
alwin11

I think you should go for a one-year MBA program from a reputable university. The percentage of graduates finding a job is usually very high for these programs and this is one criteria you can use to select the university.

http://www.thunderbird.edu/one-year-mba-option

I think you should go for a one-year MBA program from a reputable university. The percentage of graduates finding a job is usually very high for these programs and this is one criteria you can use to select the university.

http://www.thunderbird.edu/one-year-mba-option

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 59 Followers 415 Discussions
Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 77 Followers 115 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Master in Management Programs Versus MBAs

Article Apr 02, 2013

Want to study business, but don't have work experience? An MSc or MiM might be right for you

Hot Discussions