MBA without GMAT

mcalvosa

Do you have a list of MBA programs that do not require the GMAT?

SvenAG

That is a good question. Sorry, but I personally cannot think of a single one. Sorry if this sounds patronising but maybe try some of the more obscure courses available in the USA and also distance learning courses. I'm suspect that many programs earn accreditations and reputations by proving that they are selective with admissions and so the GMAT is one of the easiest ways to do this. Anyway it is a good question you have. I will tell you if I find any such programs. Sven

That is a good question. Sorry, but I personally cannot think of a single one. Sorry if this sounds patronising but maybe try some of the more obscure courses available in the USA and also distance learning courses. I'm suspect that many programs earn accreditations and reputations by proving that they are selective with admissions and so the GMAT is one of the easiest ways to do this. Anyway it is a good question you have. I will tell you if I find any such programs. Sven
larrybird

I think you are probably right there. look abroad (err, outside US, I mean). look into distance learning. there'll be something. but be skeptical of programs that do not have some sort of quantitative measurement of qualifications/preparation.

I think you are probably right there. look abroad (err, outside US, I mean). look into distance learning. there'll be something. but be skeptical of programs that do not have some sort of quantitative measurement of qualifications/preparation.
noya

Berlin School of Economics
EADA=-- they will give you online test

Berlin School of Economics
EADA=-- they will give you online test

Sunnyboy

Hi
As a matter of fact ther are some business school that do not require GMAT test specially if you have more than 4 years experience ,i have done the test and i dont think that test measure candidate ability to enter an MBA programme.some example: Leeds Business school, Lancaster Business school (UK) and both schools are in the top 100 ranking of BS in Europe.

Hi
As a matter of fact ther are some business school that do not require GMAT test specially if you have more than 4 years experience ,i have done the test and i dont think that test measure candidate ability to enter an MBA programme.some example: Leeds Business school, Lancaster Business school (UK) and both schools are in the top 100 ranking of BS in Europe.

I don't know where you could find such a list. You'll have to go through the admission requirements of each bschool I'm afraid.

But very interesting info Sunnyboy, that even some good schools don't ask for the GMAT!
I agree that you can't judge the abilty of students to do an MBA only on basis of the GMAT results. But it's sort of a first filter I'd say. Someone who is seriously interested in doing an MBA is not going to include or exclude a program just for the GMAT requirement.

I don't know where you could find such a list. You'll have to go through the admission requirements of each bschool I'm afraid.

But very interesting info Sunnyboy, that even some good schools don't ask for the GMAT!
I agree that you can't judge the abilty of students to do an MBA only on basis of the GMAT results. But it's sort of a first filter I'd say. Someone who is seriously interested in doing an MBA is not going to include or exclude a program just for the GMAT requirement.
LP

Mcalvosa,

It is true that GMAT is very widely spread. I think in the U.S. it must be almost impossible to find a program that does not require GMAT for admission. In Europe most programs do require GMAT, but you can still find a few that don't. Some internationally accredited programs which do not require GMAT (besides the ones that other people have mentioned) are Durham Business School (UK), U. Carlos III Madrid (Spain), U. Edinburgh (UK), U. Exeter (UK), U. Glasgow (UK), Henley (UK), Hull U. (UK), U. Kent (UK), Kingston (UK), Solvay (Belgium), TiasNimbas (Netherlands-Germany), Toulouse Business School (France).

Mcalvosa,

It is true that GMAT is very widely spread. I think in the U.S. it must be almost impossible to find a program that does not require GMAT for admission. In Europe most programs do require GMAT, but you can still find a few that don't. Some internationally accredited programs which do not require GMAT (besides the ones that other people have mentioned) are Durham Business School (UK), U. Carlos III Madrid (Spain), U. Edinburgh (UK), U. Exeter (UK), U. Glasgow (UK), Henley (UK), Hull U. (UK), U. Kent (UK), Kingston (UK), Solvay (Belgium), TiasNimbas (Netherlands-Germany), Toulouse Business School (France).
a_mukerjee

Hello Jaitego,
I'm surprised, there are some very good European schools in your list!
In the case that GMAT is not required, there must be some other, probably more challenging admission tests, no? Let's take TiasNimbas, where everyone wants to study - somehow the school has to filter the best students out of the mass of applicants.

So the advantage of schools not requiring GMAT is that you don't have to undertake this whole procedure of passing the GMAT, but on the other hand you'll have to be even better prepared for the entry exam - with the GMAT result you have at least already one factor defined where you can compare your chances to those of others besides the GPA.
I'm not so sure what I prefer...

Hello Jaitego,
I'm surprised, there are some very good European schools in your list!
In the case that GMAT is not required, there must be some other, probably more challenging admission tests, no? Let's take TiasNimbas, where everyone wants to study - somehow the school has to filter the best students out of the mass of applicants.

So the advantage of schools not requiring GMAT is that you don't have to undertake this whole procedure of passing the GMAT, but on the other hand you'll have to be even better prepared for the entry exam - with the GMAT result you have at least already one factor defined where you can compare your chances to those of others besides the GPA.
I'm not so sure what I prefer...
LP

It depends on the school. I don't remember the details, but in some cases GMAT is not required and there is some entry exam administered by the school. Usually if you don't have GMAT you have to go there to take the entry exam (I think that was so for TiasNimbas). In other cases, GMAT is not required if your undergraduate degree is from a university which the school is familiar with (usually because they are in the same country). And there are also cases where GMAT is not required and there is no alternative entry exam --the school assesses your application based on your undergraduate records, employment history and letters of recommendation.

It depends on the school. I don't remember the details, but in some cases GMAT is not required and there is some entry exam administered by the school. Usually if you don't have GMAT you have to go there to take the entry exam (I think that was so for TiasNimbas). In other cases, GMAT is not required if your undergraduate degree is from a university which the school is familiar with (usually because they are in the same country). And there are also cases where GMAT is not required and there is no alternative entry exam --the school assesses your application based on your undergraduate records, employment history and letters of recommendation.
a_mukerjee

Thanks Jaitego, always a good help :-)

Thanks Jaitego, always a good help :-)

I am not sure but I feel SBS, Switzerland is also one such B-school that does not require GMAT. Just check na!!! Because in the requirements nowhere have they mentioned about GMAT. But the institute code has been given! Sounds confusing!

<blockquote>Do you have a list of MBA programs that do not require the GMAT?</blockquote>
I am not sure but I feel SBS, Switzerland is also one such B-school that does not require GMAT. Just check na!!! Because in the requirements nowhere have they mentioned about GMAT. But the institute code has been given! Sounds confusing!
brood

hey all,
there is EBS heriot watt it is very reputable school and very known one. search about it. i belive hat it may suit you

hey all,
there is EBS heriot watt it is very reputable school and very known one. search about it. i belive hat it may suit you
a_mukerjee

Hello brood,
is EBS you are talking about the Edinburgh University Management School, the one ranked in the FT and the Economist rankings?
To judge from the rankings, it must be a good school. If they don't require GMAT, do you know what kind of entry exam they do? Thanks for sharing

Hello brood,
is EBS you are talking about the Edinburgh University Management School, the one ranked in the FT and the Economist rankings?
To judge from the rankings, it must be a good school. If they don't require GMAT, do you know what kind of entry exam they do? Thanks for sharing
busy486

and I have another one which will surprise you all :)
at chicago - the Chicago U, ranked top 5... they have a program - Chicago Executive MBA, and there to quote thier website "Do I need to take either the GMAT or GRE examinations?
Neither examination is required, but applicants with insufficient academic background could be asked to take the GMAT."

now I have a question to A_M... why would you say everybody wants to go to TiasNimbas?
i wouldn´t.. and even though I read about them.. I never thought of them as somewhere I would want to be as a must.

and I have another one which will surprise you all :)
at chicago - the Chicago U, ranked top 5... they have a program - Chicago Executive MBA, and there to quote thier website "Do I need to take either the GMAT or GRE examinations?
Neither examination is required, but applicants with insufficient academic background could be asked to take the GMAT."

now I have a question to A_M... why would you say everybody wants to go to TiasNimbas?
i wouldn´t.. and even though I read about them.. I never thought of them as somewhere I would want to be as a must.
a_mukerjee

Did I say everybody wants to go to TiasNimbas? Oh yes, I did, well, a quite European perspective, I admit (even though I'm NOT European myself, I obviously adapted quite well already).
What I meant is: TiasNimbas is one of the European top tier schools. In Europe it is a name, maybe not so much outside, as this is valid for quite a few top tier European b-schools. So probably I stated something in that sense, trying to make clear that the MBA at TiasNimbas is really good, that it is not going to a small unknown schools - even if the name doesn't ring a bell for people coming from outside of Europe.

<blockquote>
</blockquote>

Did I say everybody wants to go to TiasNimbas? Oh yes, I did, well, a quite European perspective, I admit (even though I'm NOT European myself, I obviously adapted quite well already).
What I meant is: TiasNimbas is one of the European top tier schools. In Europe it is a name, maybe not so much outside, as this is valid for quite a few top tier European b-schools. So probably I stated something in that sense, trying to make clear that the MBA at TiasNimbas is really good, that it is not going to a small unknown schools - even if the name doesn't ring a bell for people coming from outside of Europe.
a_mukerjee

I will find you where TiasNimbas is ranked, to give you an idea

I will find you where TiasNimbas is ranked, to give you an idea
Sugar-MBA

Bradford School of Management/TiasNimbas is on place 70 according to Fin Times

Something more famous in Europe would be LBS or INSEAD.. I have a friend ans she was crazy about Insead.. now she is there.. but.. I´m just not interested :P

anyway.. Chicago sounds good
thanks Busy486

Bradford School of Management/TiasNimbas is on place 70 according to Fin Times

Something more famous in Europe would be LBS or INSEAD.. I have a friend ans she was crazy about Insead.. now she is there.. but.. I´m just not interested :P

anyway.. Chicago sounds good
thanks Busy486

I know only a couple of unis:

1) University of the WEST
2) Johnson and Wales University

<blockquote>Do you have a list of MBA programs that do not require the GMAT?</blockquote>

I know only a couple of unis:

1) University of the WEST
2) Johnson and Wales University
Reno

SBS Swiss Business School does not require a GMAT score due to the fact that they offer an internal entrance test similar to the GMAT. But they do of course accept a GMAT.

SBS Swiss Business School does not require a GMAT score due to the fact that they offer an internal entrance test similar to the GMAT. But they do of course accept a GMAT.
dneukomm

I am American with a low GMAT score but 5 years of owning my own business and very good recommendations. I want to study in France, UK or Switzerland. What programs would be a good match?

I am American with a low GMAT score but 5 years of owning my own business and very good recommendations. I want to study in France, UK or Switzerland. What programs would be a good match?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

San Francisco, California 13 Followers 2 Discussions
Hull, United Kingdom 4 Followers 21 Discussions
Leeds, United Kingdom 18 Followers 164 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 17 Followers 116 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 26 Followers 71 Discussions
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom 13 Followers 34 Discussions
Kent, United Kingdom 7 Followers 42 Discussions
Liverpool, United Kingdom 22 Followers 101 Discussions
Waterloo, Canada 21 Followers 11 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 7 Followers 16 Discussions
Toulouse, France 10 Followers 25 Discussions
Tilburg, Netherlands 22 Followers 79 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 48 Followers 82 Discussions
Rosemead, California 4 Followers 1 Discussion
Exeter, United Kingdom 12 Followers 102 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions
Commerce, Texas 5 Followers 12 Discussions
Brussels, Belgium 21 Followers 23 Discussions
Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom 10 Followers 81 Discussions
Berlin, Germany 30 Followers 69 Discussions
Chicago, Illinois 42 Followers 149 Discussions
Reading, United Kingdom 21 Followers 207 Discussions
Lancaster, United Kingdom 26 Followers 335 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 35 Followers 267 Discussions
Fort Collins, Colorado 5 Followers 5 Discussions
Colorado Springs, Colorado 5 Followers 4 Discussions
Melbourne, Florida 7 Followers 2 Discussions
Largo, Maryland 7 Followers 1 Discussion
Syracuse, New York 17 Followers 27 Discussions
Providence, Rhode Island 3 Followers 6 Discussions
Denton, Texas 12 Followers 9 Discussions
Kloten-Zurich, Switzerland 16 Followers 19 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

Should I Take the GMAT or GRE?

Article Mar 04, 2011

Many MBA programs now accept scores from both tests. Which will give you an edge?