MBA with International Exposure/Campus Rotation

chowbie

Hello,

I've been working for 5 years in public accounting and I'm really considering a change in my life. Having spent all my life living in the US (Boston), I really want to go and explore different countries/cultures before I get too "old". Thoughts are running through my mind of going for an MBA outside of the US. Not only will I get to live in another country, but I will also gain something out of it by enhancing my education. When I was in college, I truly regretted for not signing up for the Semester at Sea program. So I would like to make up for it in Grad School by doing something similar, finding a MBA program that offers International Exposure/Campus rotation programs. So far I only know of Hult International, which offers 3/5 locations throughout the program, and Haiwaii Shidler, which offers a US/China and US/Japan program.

Does anyone know of any other options out there that are similar to Hult. Thanks in advance for your insight!

Hello,

I've been working for 5 years in public accounting and I'm really considering a change in my life. Having spent all my life living in the US (Boston), I really want to go and explore different countries/cultures before I get too "old". Thoughts are running through my mind of going for an MBA outside of the US. Not only will I get to live in another country, but I will also gain something out of it by enhancing my education. When I was in college, I truly regretted for not signing up for the Semester at Sea program. So I would like to make up for it in Grad School by doing something similar, finding a MBA program that offers International Exposure/Campus rotation programs. So far I only know of Hult International, which offers 3/5 locations throughout the program, and Haiwaii Shidler, which offers a US/China and US/Japan program.

Does anyone know of any other options out there that are similar to Hult. Thanks in advance for your insight!
ralph

Well, there's a big selection, depending on your academic and geographic interests.

A lot of US-based MBA schools have international components to the programs. For example, your home town Boston University offers an international MBA that starts in China and ends up in Boston. If you want to get out of Boston though, check out other places - Chicago Booth offers one year abroad, for example. Check out this article for some stories about American students who took advantage of this type of program to go to Brazil:

http://www.find-mba.com/article/362/mba-programs-in-emerging-markets-brazil

Another option is to just find a good program in the specific country you are interested in. Many programs in emerging economies offer at least partial English programs - but this would depend on where you want to go.

And finally, you could consider a truly global program: Thunderbird is a good one, as is TRIUM (that's an executive program, run by NYU Stern.)

Well, there's a big selection, depending on your academic and geographic interests.

A lot of US-based MBA schools have international components to the programs. For example, your home town Boston University offers an international MBA that starts in China and ends up in Boston. If you want to get out of Boston though, check out other places - Chicago Booth offers one year abroad, for example. Check out this article for some stories about American students who took advantage of this type of program to go to Brazil:

http://www.find-mba.com/article/362/mba-programs-in-emerging-markets-brazil

Another option is to just find a good program in the specific country you are interested in. Many programs in emerging economies offer at least partial English programs - but this would depend on where you want to go.

And finally, you could consider a truly global program: Thunderbird is a good one, as is TRIUM (that's an executive program, run by NYU Stern.)

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Honolulu, Hawaii 6 Followers 1 Discussion
San Francisco, California 28 Followers 40 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 31 Followers 77 Discussions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 25 Followers 88 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 12 Followers 116 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 34 Followers 179 Discussions
Glendale, Arizona 22 Followers 66 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
New York City, New York 177 Followers 249 Discussions