MBA in media

cindu

I really need a little help. I'm hoping to do MBA in media management or with media as elective. I know UCLA, Columbia and NY stern offers the course. Are there other Universities in the US or the UK that offer the same? Which ones are recommended? And if I have only 15years of education with a few diplomas, can I apply?

I really need a little help. I'm hoping to do MBA in media management or with media as elective. I know UCLA, Columbia and NY stern offers the course. Are there other Universities in the US or the UK that offer the same? Which ones are recommended? And if I have only 15years of education with a few diplomas, can I apply?
Post MBA

Do your 15 years of education include graduating from a college/university?

Do your 15 years of education include graduating from a college/university?
cindu

Yes it does! I have 12 years of school and 3 years of graduation. I also have a few hundred hours as diplomas which were done during the years of college.

Yes it does! I have 12 years of school and 3 years of graduation. I also have a few hundred hours as diplomas which were done during the years of college.
Post MBA

If you have a University or College degree then you meet the minimum requirement for pre-MBA education.

If you have a University or College degree then you meet the minimum requirement for pre-MBA education.
jona

Hi there,
I would appreciate to know more about minimum requirements for MBA:
What kind of University or College degree you mean, with which I meet the minimum requirement for pre-MBA education? And what yould I need for an MBA?

Hi there,
I would appreciate to know more about minimum requirements for MBA:
What kind of University or College degree you mean, with which I meet the minimum requirement for pre-MBA education? And what yould I need for an MBA?
Post MBA

Hi Jona - The minimum requirement is a bachelor degree from a university or college. Of course, exceptions are made but these are very rare. The degree can be in any area (science, humanities, etc.). Other non-degree related requirements are typically listed on the admissions page of a school's site and often include work experience, GMAT scores, etc.

Full Disclosure: I am participating in the FIND MBA board as an excercise to provide an illustration for a segment I am teaching of the course "What the CEO wants you to know" at BMI www.barcelonami.org One of the readings for the segment is www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.04/wired40_ceo.html? Click on Post MBA for more biographical info.

Hi Jona - The minimum requirement is a bachelor degree from a university or college. Of course, exceptions are made but these are very rare. The degree can be in any area (science, humanities, etc.). Other non-degree related requirements are typically listed on the admissions page of a school's site and often include work experience, GMAT scores, etc.

Full Disclosure: I am participating in the FIND MBA board as an excercise to provide an illustration for a segment I am teaching of the course "What the CEO wants you to know" at BMI www.barcelonami.org One of the readings for the segment is www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.04/wired40_ceo.html? Click on Post MBA for more biographical info.
jona

Hello, thanks for this! So the requirements are the same for bothe MBA and pre MBA studies, did I understand you well?

I had a look at you biogr. info, wow, you have an interesting record! How was your exerience with NYU and ESADE? First hand information is so precious....

Hello, thanks for this! So the requirements are the same for bothe MBA and pre MBA studies, did I understand you well?

I had a look at you biogr. info, wow, you have an interesting record! How was your exerience with NYU and ESADE? First hand information is so precious....
buktown

HI this is Dan,
You are naming some big schools like Columbia and NYU. However, in media Managment there is a small school in New York City, with a very weird following and great school program. Not many people know about this program, because the school doesn't rely on advertisments. Students from around the world research and go to this school.

The Metropolitan College of New York, MBA in Media Managment.
4 reasons this school could be better than the big colleges! (1) Professor Stephen R. Greenwald, created the program. He has run movie production and distribution companies. Some of the films in which he has been associated include: Dune, Conan the Barbarian, Blue Velvet, Crimes of the Heart, Manhunter and Author, Author. He is presently CEO of Odyssey Pictures Corporation and teaches one of the classes.

(2) All students go to a free 12 day study abroad trip (free hotel, plane, transportation, film festival passes, seminars etc,) to Europe as long as they are students of the MCNY program. Destinations have included the Cannes Film Festival or London and Paris to learn about world media.

(3) The program is completed in one year, 3 semesters a year!

(4) I graduated from this program, and can tell you, It was the best experience of my life and I got hired for Sony Pictures the moment I graduated 6/2007.

check out
www.mcny.edu or
http://www.mcny.edu/business/mediastudyabroad.php?mystudy=media

HI this is Dan,
You are naming some big schools like Columbia and NYU. However, in media Managment there is a small school in New York City, with a very weird following and great school program. Not many people know about this program, because the school doesn't rely on advertisments. Students from around the world research and go to this school.

The Metropolitan College of New York, MBA in Media Managment.
4 reasons this school could be better than the big colleges! (1) Professor Stephen R. Greenwald, created the program. He has run movie production and distribution companies. Some of the films in which he has been associated include: Dune, Conan the Barbarian, Blue Velvet, Crimes of the Heart, Manhunter and Author, Author. He is presently CEO of Odyssey Pictures Corporation and teaches one of the classes.

(2) All students go to a free 12 day study abroad trip (free hotel, plane, transportation, film festival passes, seminars etc,) to Europe as long as they are students of the MCNY program. Destinations have included the Cannes Film Festival or London and Paris to learn about world media.

(3) The program is completed in one year, 3 semesters a year!

(4) I graduated from this program, and can tell you, It was the best experience of my life and I got hired for Sony Pictures the moment I graduated 6/2007.

check out
www.mcny.edu or
http://www.mcny.edu/business/mediastudyabroad.php?mystudy=media
jeffrese

The Metropolitan College of New York MBA program is a waste of time and money. I can't believe they are still accredited. MCNY accreditation cheapens all higher learning facilities with legitimate accreditation. It's a business, not a school. All they care about is letting anybody enter as long as they have money or access to loans. Don't go there, or better yet, go there and tour the "campus" and decide for yourself. It's nothing more than a rip off factory that will take your money and hand you a worthless degree that will not help you get a job. Check out mcnymba(dot)com.

The Metropolitan College of New York MBA program is a waste of time and money. I can't believe they are still accredited. MCNY accreditation cheapens all higher learning facilities with legitimate accreditation. It's a business, not a school. All they care about is letting anybody enter as long as they have money or access to loans. Don't go there, or better yet, go there and tour the "campus" and decide for yourself. It's nothing more than a rip off factory that will take your money and hand you a worthless degree that will not help you get a job. Check out mcnymba(dot)com.
ralph

Wow, I was unaware of this program, but did a quick google search and found a whole website dedicated to how bad the program is. Either somebody had a really bad experience there, or it really is a bad school. I'm in no position to make that call, but this is as good a time as any to reiterate two some important aspects of finding a reputable MBA program:

The accreditation aspect: The only accrediting bodies whose word mean anything are these:

AACSB
EQUIS
AMBA

Each has geographical specializations (ie you'll see more AACSB accredited schools in the US than in Europe, for example,) but each is pretty much known by employers worldwide.

The research aspect: A quick google search can unearth all sorts of information, good or bad. If, like me, for example, you google mcny and find a whole website dedicated to how bad it is, that's a major red flag.

Wow, I was unaware of this program, but did a quick google search and found a whole website dedicated to how bad the program is. Either somebody had a really bad experience there, or it really is a bad school. I'm in no position to make that call, but this is as good a time as any to reiterate two some important aspects of finding a reputable MBA program:

The accreditation aspect: The only accrediting bodies whose word mean anything are these:

AACSB
EQUIS
AMBA

Each has geographical specializations (ie you'll see more AACSB accredited schools in the US than in Europe, for example,) but each is pretty much known by employers worldwide.

The research aspect: A quick google search can unearth all sorts of information, good or bad. If, like me, for example, you google mcny and find a whole website dedicated to how bad it is, that's a major red flag.

<blockquote>The Metropolitan College of New York MBA program is a waste of time and money. I can't believe they are still accredited. MCNY accreditation cheapens all higher learning facilities with legitimate accreditation. It's a business, not a school. All they care about is letting anybody enter as long as they have money or access to loans. Don't go there, or better yet, go there and tour the "campus" and decide for yourself. It's nothing more than a rip off factory that will take your money and hand you a worthless degree that will not help you get a job. Check out mcnymba(dot)com.</blockquote>
jeffrese

Metropolitan College of New York is not accredited through ACSB, EQUIS or AMBA. Metropolitan College of New York is accredited through Middle States Commission on Higher Education which seems like a somewhat legitimate organization. But as Ralph said:

"The accreditation aspect: The only accrediting bodies whose word mean anything are these:

AACSB
EQUIS
AMBA"

Without doing much research it looks like Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an organization that exists to charge annual fees to institutions willing to pay in order to get their accreditation stamp. Annual fees can be as high as $21,000 per year. With over 550 "institutions belonging to Middle States Commission on Higher Education, that's quite a business. I would love to get a glimpse of the salaries of the executives running Middle States Commission on Higher Education. I bet it's more than a teachers salary.

Their domain is a .org but I don't think they are a non-profit. Does anyone know any specifics about Middle States Commission on Higher Education?

AACSB
EQUIS
AMBA

Metropolitan College of New York is not accredited through ACSB, EQUIS or AMBA. Metropolitan College of New York is accredited through Middle States Commission on Higher Education which seems like a somewhat legitimate organization. But as Ralph said:

"The accreditation aspect: The only accrediting bodies whose word mean anything are these:

AACSB
EQUIS
AMBA"

Without doing much research it looks like Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an organization that exists to charge annual fees to institutions willing to pay in order to get their accreditation stamp. Annual fees can be as high as $21,000 per year. With over 550 "institutions belonging to Middle States Commission on Higher Education, that's quite a business. I would love to get a glimpse of the salaries of the executives running Middle States Commission on Higher Education. I bet it's more than a teachers salary.

Their domain is a .org but I don't think they are a non-profit. Does anyone know any specifics about Middle States Commission on Higher Education?

<blockquote>Wow, I was unaware of this program, but did a quick google search and found a whole website dedicated to how bad the program is. Either somebody had a really bad experience there, or it really is a bad school. I'm in no position to make that call, but this is as good a time as any to reiterate two some important aspects of finding a reputable MBA program:

AACSB
EQUIS
AMBA

<blockquote>The Metropolitan College of New York MBA program is a waste of time and money. I can't believe they are still accredited. MCNY accreditation cheapens all higher learning facilities with legitimate accreditation. It's a business, not a school. All they care about is letting anybody enter as long as they have money or access to loans. Don't go there, or better yet, go there and tour the "campus" and decide for yourself. It's nothing more than a rip off factory that will take your money and hand you a worthless degree that will not help you get a job. Check out mcnymba(dot)com.</blockquote></blockquote>

hey im vani from in would like to apply for Metropolitan College in NY city for My MBA in media management and would like to know the entry requirements for International students like GMAT score, is this course allowed for people with yrs of education ? and tuition fee etc. pls help me im very interested in getting into this programme ,this prog will enhance my career pls pls reply to mail or to my post here :D :D

hey im vani from in would like to apply for Metropolitan College in NY city for My MBA in media management and would like to know the entry requirements for International students like GMAT score, is this course allowed for people with yrs of education ? and tuition fee etc. pls help me im very interested in getting into this programme ,this prog will enhance my career pls pls reply to mail or to my post here :D :D

hey im vani from INDIA in would like to apply for Metropolitan College in NY city for My MBA in media management and would like to know the entry requirements for International students like GMAT score, is this course allowed for people with yrs of education ? and tuition fee etc. pls help me im very interested in getting into this programme ,this prog will enhance my career pls pls reply to mail or to my post here :D :D

hey im vani from INDIA in would like to apply for Metropolitan College in NY city for My MBA in media management and would like to know the entry requirements for International students like GMAT score, is this course allowed for people with yrs of education ? and tuition fee etc. pls help me im very interested in getting into this programme ,this prog will enhance my career pls pls reply to mail or to my post here :D :D</blockquote>

hey im vani from INDIA in would like to apply for Metropolitan College in NY city for My MBA in media management and would like to know the entry requirements for International students like GMAT score, is this course allowed for people with 15yrs of education ? and tuition fee etc. pls help me im very interested in getting into this programme ,this prog will enhance my career pls pls reply to mail or to my post here :D :D

hey im vani from INDIA in would like to apply for Metropolitan College in NY city for My MBA in media management and would like to know the entry requirements for International students like GMAT score, is this course allowed for people with 15yrs of education ? and tuition fee etc. pls help me im very interested in getting into this programme ,this prog will enhance my career pls pls reply to mail or to my post here :D :D
dhanya

i am also interestd to do mba or ms media management in new school .
i have finnished my engineering in computer science is that advantageous or is that a problem?
i have no work exp ad i am applying to the m.s programs in syracuse and fordham.
wat will be my chance of an admit with 1230 on my gre (530-v and 700-q)
is there any other schools u may recommend which will fit my profile, and give me an admit!

i am also interestd to do mba or ms media management in new school .
i have finnished my engineering in computer science is that advantageous or is that a problem?
i have no work exp ad i am applying to the m.s programs in syracuse and fordham.
wat will be my chance of an admit with 1230 on my gre (530-v and 700-q)
is there any other schools u may recommend which will fit my profile, and give me an admit!
dhanya

pls email me at [email protected]!

pls email me at [email protected]!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 89 Followers 147 Discussions
New York City, New York 158 Followers 259 Discussions
New York City, New York 177 Followers 249 Discussions
New York City, New York 20 Followers 14 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools