MBA in Energy Management

i am having 4.5 years of expirence in energy sector(wind energy), i want to do MBA in energy management so will be a usefull for me?
i am an electrical engineer graduate, i would like to do in the technical field so if i select MBA then will be am out from technical field or a MBA in energy management will add the value to my professional growth?

please help me to chose an very good field which should be forever, it should not be like a IT sector.

thanks,

vaseem

i am having 4.5 years of expirence in energy sector(wind energy), i want to do MBA in energy management so will be a usefull for me?
i am an electrical engineer graduate, i would like to do in the technical field so if i select MBA then will be am out from technical field or a MBA in energy management will add the value to my professional growth?

please help me to chose an very good field which should be forever, it should not be like a IT sector.

thanks,

vaseem
Inactive User

Most of the MBA programs in energy management are aimed at people who want to land managerial jobs in the bigger energy sectors like oil and gas. If that's what you're looking for, Aberdeen has a good program, as do many schools in Texas like McCombs.

But there aren't many specialized MBAs for a career in the alternative energy fields. A lot of Haas grads go into the renewable sector, but this is arguably because of the school's focus in innovation and its proximity to Silicon Valley, where a lot of the renewable energy startups are.

There's Warwick as well - its Global Energy MBA program has some focus on alternatives.

Most of the MBA programs in energy management are aimed at people who want to land managerial jobs in the bigger energy sectors like oil and gas. If that's what you're looking for, Aberdeen has a good program, as do many schools in Texas like McCombs.

But there aren't many specialized MBAs for a career in the alternative energy fields. A lot of Haas grads go into the renewable sector, but this is arguably because of the school's focus in innovation and its proximity to Silicon Valley, where a lot of the renewable energy startups are.

There's Warwick as well - its Global Energy MBA program has some focus on alternatives.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Berkeley, California 100 Followers 116 Discussions
Aberdeen, United Kingdom 42 Followers 87 Discussions
Austin, Texas 47 Followers 77 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

After the MBA: Alumni Careers in the Energy Sector

Article Jun 01, 2011