MBA for professionals from supply chain / logistics / shipping industry HELP!!!

Hello Everyone,
I am Rahul from Chennai, India. I am a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Madras with 57 %. I also have 6+ years of experience in the Shipping, Logistics & Supply Chain industry and now seek an MBA program that will enhance my management skills and enable me to explore employment opportunities abroad.

I have not yet given my GMAT and wouldn't mind giving it a shot but i first need to channel my focus on short listing universities that can help my career, after shortlisting i would target those universities and give GMAT a shot....please help me choose/short list universities.

I have been diagnosed with Dyslexia & Adult ADHD, and would like to know if i can get additional help for the GMAT and university exams...

Hello Everyone,
I am Rahul from Chennai, India. I am a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Madras with 57 %. I also have 6+ years of experience in the Shipping, Logistics & Supply Chain industry and now seek an MBA program that will enhance my management skills and enable me to explore employment opportunities abroad.

I have not yet given my GMAT and wouldn't mind giving it a shot but i first need to channel my focus on short listing universities that can help my career, after shortlisting i would target those universities and give GMAT a shot....please help me choose/short list universities.

I have been diagnosed with Dyslexia & Adult ADHD, and would like to know if i can get additional help for the GMAT and university exams...
Duncan

Use the MBA program search (top left) to find suitable programmes. Almost all of them will help your career. But first take your GMAT because the better your score, the better the outcome.

Use the MBA program search (top left) to find suitable programmes. Almost all of them will help your career. But first take your GMAT because the better your score, the better the outcome.
ezra

For shortlisting courses, it would be helpful if you could narrow down your career goals: especially where you want to end up after graduation and what industries you are interested in.

As for accommodation for your tests, you should contact the testing agencies and ask them. I know that people who suffer from ADHD can receive accommodation for the GMAT, which can include extra time and/or breaks. The problem is, it can be a hassle to get this accommodation, as it requires a current diagnosis and assessment of your condition (written on official letterhead,) as well as specific recommendations.

For shortlisting courses, it would be helpful if you could narrow down your career goals: especially where you want to end up after graduation and what industries you are interested in.

As for accommodation for your tests, you should contact the testing agencies and ask them. I know that people who suffer from ADHD can receive accommodation for the GMAT, which can include extra time and/or breaks. The problem is, it can be a hassle to get this accommodation, as it requires a current diagnosis and assessment of your condition (written on official letterhead,) as well as specific recommendations.

I am looking to work in the shipping/logistics/supply chain industry for at least another 4-5 years and then maybe start my own business, hopefully in the country of study/post study work....

I wish to study in Australia or UK and have found a few universities from the MBA program search but i am not satisfied with the results. The results showed the following universities....Abardeen Business School / Curtin University / Griffith University / Birmingham Business School....

Only Birmingham business school is part of the FT global MBA rankings of 2012, which i understand is the most reliable ranking system for MBA.

Could any of you guide me and help me to choose a university basis my above stated requirements.

I am looking to work in the shipping/logistics/supply chain industry for at least another 4-5 years and then maybe start my own business, hopefully in the country of study/post study work....

I wish to study in Australia or UK and have found a few universities from the MBA program search but i am not satisfied with the results. The results showed the following universities....Abardeen Business School / Curtin University / Griffith University / Birmingham Business School....

Only Birmingham business school is part of the FT global MBA rankings of 2012, which i understand is the most reliable ranking system for MBA.

Could any of you guide me and help me to choose a university basis my above stated requirements.

Duncan

It doesn't work that way. The universities choose you, more than anything else on the basis of your GMAT.

I would suggest that, rather than look for MBAs in shipping, you look at MBAs in cities which are big logistics centres - Hong Kong, Rotterdam, Shanghai or Singapore. Those will give you better connections and great access to internships and professional opportunities.

Other part-time courses include:
http://www.hsba.de/en/studium/master_programme/mbashipping/overview/index.php
http://www.mba4shipping.com/
http://www.cbs.dk/en/Videreuddannelse/Masteruddannelser/MBA-Uddannelser/Executive-MBA-in-Shipping-Logistics-The-Blue-MBA

It doesn't work that way. The universities choose you, more than anything else on the basis of your GMAT.

I would suggest that, rather than look for MBAs in shipping, you look at MBAs in cities which are big logistics centres - Hong Kong, Rotterdam, Shanghai or Singapore. Those will give you better connections and great access to internships and professional opportunities.

Other part-time courses include:
http://www.hsba.de/en/studium/master_programme/mbashipping/overview/index.php
http://www.mba4shipping.com/
http://www.cbs.dk/en/Videreuddannelse/Masteruddannelser/MBA-Uddannelser/Executive-MBA-in-Shipping-Logistics-The-Blue-MBA
ralph

I wish to study in Australia or UK and have found a few universities from the MBA program search but i am not satisfied with the results.

In what ways are you dissatisfied with the results?

The FT's ranking is a good place to start - although you shouldn't base your decision solely on it. For instance, UTS/Sydney has a major and a sub-major in supply chain management - which is relevant to you - but doesn't show up on the rankings. Also, Cranfield doesn't have a major, but places a fair number of people in the operations and supply chain industries.

Do a practice GMAT test and come back with your estimated score. This info is important for us to be able to narrow down your options.

<blockquote>I wish to study in Australia or UK and have found a few universities from the MBA program search but i am not satisfied with the results.</blockquote>
In what ways are you dissatisfied with the results?

<blockquote>Only Birmingham business school is part of the FT global MBA rankings of 2012, which i understand is the most reliable ranking system for MBA.</blockquote>
The FT's ranking is a good place to start - although you shouldn't base your decision solely on it. For instance, UTS/Sydney has a major and a sub-major in supply chain management - which is relevant to you - but doesn't show up on the rankings. Also, Cranfield doesn't have a major, but places a fair number of people in the operations and supply chain industries.

<blockquote>Could any of you guide me and help me to choose a university basis my above stated requirements.</blockquote>
Do a practice GMAT test and come back with your estimated score. This info is important for us to be able to narrow down your options.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Aberdeen, United Kingdom 42 Followers 87 Discussions
Frederiksberg, Denmark 57 Followers 75 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 9 Followers 35 Discussions
Perth, Australia 5 Followers 17 Discussions
Nathan, Australia 10 Followers 9 Discussions

Other Related Content

Careers in Supply Chain for MBA Grads

Article Oct 18, 2018

A function in flux needs managers who can combine leadership with tech skills such as data analytics

Top Business Schools for Operations Management

Top List

Many job opportunities in this sector exist for MBAs interested in operations, including positions like systems analyst, logistics manager, and operations analyst

Hot Discussions