MBA DePaul, job placement, overall reputation and average GMAT

Akijuneja

Hi
I've an admit from DePaul and Fordham and I chose DePaul as it offered me better financial aid. My worry is about long term prospects of DePaul. Can anyone tell me how good is Depauls MBA program and prospects ahead in life? Also my GMAT was 650 and work ex of 2 years. Did I make the right choice by crossing this program? Further in life, I want to work at my organisation but that too only after good experience in USA.

Please respond. Thanks

Hi
I've an admit from DePaul and Fordham and I chose DePaul as it offered me better financial aid. My worry is about long term prospects of DePaul. Can anyone tell me how good is Depauls MBA program and prospects ahead in life? Also my GMAT was 650 and work ex of 2 years. Did I make the right choice by crossing this program? Further in life, I want to work at my organisation but that too only after good experience in USA.

Please respond. Thanks
donho199

i would choose Fordham anytime anyday

i would choose Fordham anytime anyday
Akijuneja

Why? Is DePaul that bad? Fordham is way too expensive and no assurance if that investment would pay off.

Why? Is DePaul that bad? Fordham is way too expensive and no assurance if that investment would pay off.
Razors Edg...

I wouldn't say that DePaul is *bad* per se; it's just that the average salaries of graduates tend to be lower than Fordham alum.

However, given their status in the rankings (or lack thereof), I see it more as a choice between Chicago and New York. Each city has a different cost/benefit mix, and some are drawn to one where some are drawn to the other. NYC might have more, higher-paying jobs after you graduate, but the cost of living there is higher too.

I wouldn't say that DePaul is *bad* per se; it's just that the average salaries of graduates tend to be lower than Fordham alum.

However, given their status in the rankings (or lack thereof), I see it more as a choice between Chicago and New York. Each city has a different cost/benefit mix, and some are drawn to one where some are drawn to the other. NYC might have more, higher-paying jobs after you graduate, but the cost of living there is higher too.
Akijuneja

The funding at DePaul is pretty good. Whereas Fordham hasn't confirmed anything? What should I do in this case? and what is the average Gmat for DePaul? And is well reputed?

The funding at DePaul is pretty good. Whereas Fordham hasn't confirmed anything? What should I do in this case? and what is the average Gmat for DePaul? And is well reputed?
Razors Edg...

Businessweek says that the average GMAT at Depaul is 622. You can always ask Fordham directly, maybe even tell them about Depaul's offer, and if they are really interested in you as a candidate, then they may offer you something.

Businessweek says that the average GMAT at Depaul is 622. You can always ask Fordham directly, maybe even tell them about Depaul's offer, and if they are really interested in you as a candidate, then they may offer you something.
Akijuneja

They are offering aid too. But compared DePaul it is less. In fact DePaul has an option to cover almost whole tuition. So what do you think is better? And is DePaul MBA course well reputed?

They are offering aid too. But compared DePaul it is less. In fact DePaul has an option to cover almost whole tuition. So what do you think is better? And is DePaul MBA course well reputed?
Razors Edg...

Refer to my reply from August 6th. I really don't think that either school is clearly "better," but each has a different cost/benefit mix.

Refer to my reply from August 6th. I really don't think that either school is clearly "better," but each has a different cost/benefit mix.
Akijuneja

So in terms of quality education, faculty and environment? You would rate them equal?

Please revert.

So in terms of quality education, faculty and environment? You would rate them equal?

Please revert.
Razors Edg...

From my perspective at least, it just comes down to New York vs. Chicago. If one city appealed to me over the other, then I'd go with that one.

From my perspective at least, it just comes down to New York vs. Chicago. If one city appealed to me over the other, then I'd go with that one.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

New York City, New York 49 Followers 73 Discussions
Chicago, Illinois 19 Followers 34 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Careers: 2014 and Beyond

Article Nov 27, 2013

It's been five years since the financial crash – what's changed?