MBA concentration in Energy/commodities

copernicus

I have seen recent headlines here about aberdeen offering Mba with concentration in energy. I also know that UT-austin has been offering such a program for years now. any other schools? anything in Australia?

I have seen recent headlines here about aberdeen offering Mba with concentration in energy. I also know that UT-austin has been offering such a program for years now. any other schools? anything in Australia?
masterXX

In fact there are not so many in the world.
In the US you have only the MBA at University of Oklahoma, and the EMBA with energy concentration/electives at
Athabasca University (who knows this school?).

Besides some in Europe and Canada, but nothing to be found about Australia, I'm afraid..

In fact there are not so many in the world.
In the US you have only the MBA at University of Oklahoma, and the EMBA with energy concentration/electives at
Athabasca University (who knows this school?).

Besides some in Europe and Canada, but nothing to be found about Australia, I'm afraid..

Connie KG

You may wish to try the University of Dundee's Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP). We offer MBA in Oil and Gas Management (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cepmlp/main/html/academic/FT-MBA-Oil%20and%20Gas%20Mgt.php) and MBA in Energy Industry Management (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cepmlp/main/html/academic/FT-MBA-Energy%20Ind%20Mgt.php)

Connie Koh-Grieve
Marketing Officer
CEPMLP

You may wish to try the University of Dundee's Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP). We offer MBA in Oil and Gas Management (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cepmlp/main/html/academic/FT-MBA-Oil%20and%20Gas%20Mgt.php) and MBA in Energy Industry Management (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cepmlp/main/html/academic/FT-MBA-Energy%20Ind%20Mgt.php)

Connie Koh-Grieve
Marketing Officer
CEPMLP
rguabs1

Aberdeen Business School offer an MBA Oil and Gas Management. This is the only AMBA accredited degree of its type. You can study full-time, executive part-time or online. Start dates in September and January.

The Oil and Gas modules are as follows:

Oil and Gas Management
Leadership, Communication and Change
Managing Change
Health, Safety and Risk in an Organisational Context
Energy Policy and the Environment
Operations Management: Oil and Gas
Petroleum Economics and Asset Management
Oil and Gas Law
Project Fundamentals

Regards,

Allan Scott
Course Leader, MBA Oil and Gas Management

Aberdeen Business School offer an MBA Oil and Gas Management. This is the only AMBA accredited degree of its type. You can study full-time, executive part-time or online. Start dates in September and January.

The Oil and Gas modules are as follows:

Oil and Gas Management
Leadership, Communication and Change
Managing Change
Health, Safety and Risk in an Organisational Context
Energy Policy and the Environment
Operations Management: Oil and Gas
Petroleum Economics and Asset Management
Oil and Gas Law
Project Fundamentals

Regards,

Allan Scott
Course Leader, MBA Oil and Gas Management
rguabs1

The likely institutions to offer MBA in Energy or Oil and Gas in Australia would be Curtin.

In Canada Calgary also offer an MBA programme in this area. There is a programme in Norway/Russia.

In the US there may some Universities offering electives and short courses. Likely candidates would be Tulsa, Houston and Dallas.

Some MBA programmes claiming to be Energy related may be law, built environment, engineering or geophysics in content and not actually business administration.

Allan Scott
MBA Course Leader
Aberdeen

The likely institutions to offer MBA in Energy or Oil and Gas in Australia would be Curtin.

In Canada Calgary also offer an MBA programme in this area. There is a programme in Norway/Russia.

In the US there may some Universities offering electives and short courses. Likely candidates would be Tulsa, Houston and Dallas.

Some MBA programmes claiming to be Energy related may be law, built environment, engineering or geophysics in content and not actually business administration.

Allan Scott
MBA Course Leader
Aberdeen
masterXX

interesting info, thanks for naming programs outside your own also.
Which is that MBA in Norway/Russia?

interesting info, thanks for naming programs outside your own also.
Which is that MBA in Norway/Russia?
rguabs1

Here is the information requested:

Stockholm School of Economics in Russia, Russia
Executive MBA Oil and Gas

This is an executive MBA programme for oil and gas executives in Russia. There is no curriculum content specific to the oil and gas or Energy industries in this course.

Russian ? Norwegian Institute of Energy Cooperation, Norway/Russia
Executive MBA in Energy Management

This degree is borne from a collaboration between the Bodø Regional University, Norway and MGIMO University, Russia. This is an executive MBA delivered in modular blocks focused on management, politics and technology. The geographic focus is on the Barents region. The language of delivery is Russian and Norwegian.

There are only two comparable courses in terms of curriculum design to the course by Aberdeen Business School: Russian- Norwegian Institute of Energy Cooperation, Norway/Russia, Executive MBA in Energy Management and Athabasca University, Canada, MBA with Energy Concentration.

Regards,

Allan Scott
MBA Course Leader
Aberdeen Business School

Here is the information requested:

Stockholm School of Economics in Russia, Russia
Executive MBA Oil and Gas

This is an executive MBA programme for oil and gas executives in Russia. There is no curriculum content specific to the oil and gas or Energy industries in this course.

Russian ? Norwegian Institute of Energy Cooperation, Norway/Russia
Executive MBA in Energy Management

This degree is borne from a collaboration between the Bodø Regional University, Norway and MGIMO University, Russia. This is an executive MBA delivered in modular blocks focused on management, politics and technology. The geographic focus is on the Barents region. The language of delivery is Russian and Norwegian.

There are only two comparable courses in terms of curriculum design to the course by Aberdeen Business School: Russian- Norwegian Institute of Energy Cooperation, Norway/Russia, Executive MBA in Energy Management and Athabasca University, Canada, MBA with Energy Concentration.

Regards,

Allan Scott
MBA Course Leader
Aberdeen Business School
masterXX

Thanks a lot! just one more question, because I didn't find this Russian school for more information, which city is it?

Sorry for bothering you again...

Thanks a lot! just one more question, because I didn't find this Russian school for more information, which city is it?

Sorry for bothering you again...
rguabs1

I believe it is based in Moscow.

I believe it is based in Moscow.

Alan,

some queries you may be able to help with

1. How long has the Aberdeen O&G MBA been accredited
2. how does it rank/compare with other MBA (or is it too specific or new)
3. what is the course length (fulltime)
4. Do Major Oil and Gas Operators recruit heavily and do they see value in this specific type of MBA?

Thanks,
Graham
[email protected]

Alan,

some queries you may be able to help with

1. How long has the Aberdeen O&G MBA been accredited
2. how does it rank/compare with other MBA (or is it too specific or new)
3. what is the course length (fulltime)
4. Do Major Oil and Gas Operators recruit heavily and do they see value in this specific type of MBA?

Thanks,
Graham
[email protected]
rguabs1

Dear Graham,

The MBA at Aberdeen Business School has been accredited since 1999.

It is too soon to have a rank but will endeavour to have this in the FT this year. However our DL course is already in the top 32 as listed by the FT (please note that this is more a list than a rigorous ranking process). The other notable rankings for MBAs are FT and Business Week (US focused). Some rankings require you to have a minimum number of students to qualify for consideration on the rankings and I believe this excludes a number of accredited courses.

The course length is 12/13 months.

The Oil and Gas sector recruit heavily from the Robert Gordon University. We have a number of recruitment events all year round where the Oil and Gas companies are representated. Before considering an MBA you should have at least 5 years experience, a good degree and an open outlook. The Oil and Gas sector are particularly interested in candidates with either an engineering, geology or project management background.

I hope this addresses your questions.

Allan Scott
MBA Course Leader
http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs

Dear Graham,

The MBA at Aberdeen Business School has been accredited since 1999.

It is too soon to have a rank but will endeavour to have this in the FT this year. However our DL course is already in the top 32 as listed by the FT (please note that this is more a list than a rigorous ranking process). The other notable rankings for MBAs are FT and Business Week (US focused). Some rankings require you to have a minimum number of students to qualify for consideration on the rankings and I believe this excludes a number of accredited courses.

The course length is 12/13 months.

The Oil and Gas sector recruit heavily from the Robert Gordon University. We have a number of recruitment events all year round where the Oil and Gas companies are representated. Before considering an MBA you should have at least 5 years experience, a good degree and an open outlook. The Oil and Gas sector are particularly interested in candidates with either an engineering, geology or project management background.

I hope this addresses your questions.

Allan Scott
MBA Course Leader

masterXX

Hi, which accreditations exactly does the program have? Thx

Hi, which accreditations exactly does the program have? Thx
rguabs1

Dear MasterXX,

The school's MBA progamme is accredited by the Association of MBAs and recognised by the Chartered Management Institute. The school is also members of the Association of Business Schools, EFMD and AACSB.

We are pursuing AACSB accreditation at the moment.

We also have a number of other masters programmes accredited by the following bodies:

Project Management Institute (PMI)
Assocation of Project Management (APM)
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
Chartered Institute of Arbitration (CIArb)
Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)
Institute of Quality Assurance (IQA)
Tourism Management Institute (TMI)
Hotel & Catering International Management Assocation (HCIMA)
Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) with recognition agreements with the American and Canadian Library accreditaiton bodies
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
The Institute of Export

For more detail please see http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs/postgraduate/page.cfm?pge=25787

Regards,

Allan Scott
MBA Course Leader

Dear MasterXX,

The school's MBA progamme is accredited by the Association of MBAs and recognised by the Chartered Management Institute. The school is also members of the Association of Business Schools, EFMD and AACSB.

We are pursuing AACSB accreditation at the moment.

We also have a number of other masters programmes accredited by the following bodies:

Project Management Institute (PMI)
Assocation of Project Management (APM)
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
Chartered Institute of Arbitration (CIArb)
Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)
Institute of Quality Assurance (IQA)
Tourism Management Institute (TMI)
Hotel & Catering International Management Assocation (HCIMA)
Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) with recognition agreements with the American and Canadian Library accreditaiton bodies
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
The Institute of Export

For more detail please see http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs/postgraduate/page.cfm?pge=25787

Regards,

Allan Scott
MBA Course Leader
glenn

I would like to inform you that BI Norwegian School of Management in cooperation with IFP and ESCP-EAP in Paris is running an Executive Master in Energy Management. This is a 12 month international program. For further information, please visit www.bi.no/master/energy

Best regards;
Glenn Ruud
BI Norwegian School of Management

I would like to inform you that BI Norwegian School of Management in cooperation with IFP and ESCP-EAP in Paris is running an Executive Master in Energy Management. This is a 12 month international program. For further information, please visit www.bi.no/master/energy

Best regards;
Glenn Ruud
BI Norwegian School of Management
Sojikolo

Hi! Im a nigerian engr graduate ive been going through this message blog and i find it very interesting!its my dream to study at RGU for the mba oil and gas mgt saw u wrote that the entry requirement for the course in rgu is 1st degree in engr a good degree and 5yrs experience i dnt have experience in the oil industry but have 5yrs experience in telecoms.My question do i still qualify if i apply? Thanks soji(lagos nigeria)

Hi! Im a nigerian engr graduate ive been going through this message blog and i find it very interesting!its my dream to study at RGU for the mba oil and gas mgt saw u wrote that the entry requirement for the course in rgu is 1st degree in engr a good degree and 5yrs experience i dnt have experience in the oil industry but have 5yrs experience in telecoms.My question do i still qualify if i apply? Thanks soji(lagos nigeria)
rguabs1

Dear Soji,

Can you please send your full CV to [email protected] and I will arrange an interview.

Regards,

Allan Scott
MBA Director

Dear Soji,

Can you please send your full CV to [email protected] and I will arrange an interview.

Regards,

Allan Scott
MBA Director

Dear Allan Scott,

I have been attracted by this wonderful course MBA in Oil and gas and i am very much interested in pursuing this course .
I did my Bachelors in Petrochemical Engineering and i do have 3 years experience in chemical production Engineering (Process and Safety)
I have got some queries.
1.How about placement after finishing this course?
2.Is there any campus placement done?
3.what about the alumni ? where have they been placed ?
sorry all my questions are related with placement ...this is because ,i know about the oil companies and their geopolitics.
Getting placed in IOCs or NOCs and other petroleum related companies is very tough .Its not at all an easy task
I have been struggling for years to get into a good Petroleum or petrochemical industry.

Sir please give me details about the course and the syllabus you are covering.
please reply to my questions

Dear Allan Scott,

I have been attracted by this wonderful course MBA in Oil and gas and i am very much interested in pursuing this course .
I did my Bachelors in Petrochemical Engineering and i do have 3 years experience in chemical production Engineering (Process and Safety)
I have got some queries.
1.How about placement after finishing this course?
2.Is there any campus placement done?
3.what about the alumni ? where have they been placed ?
sorry all my questions are related with placement ...this is because ,i know about the oil companies and their geopolitics.
Getting placed in IOCs or NOCs and other petroleum related companies is very tough .Its not at all an easy task
I have been struggling for years to get into a good Petroleum or petrochemical industry.

Sir please give me details about the course and the syllabus you are covering.
please reply to my questions
Inactive User

It's quite simple. Have a look here:

http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs/postgraduate/page.cfm?pge=43760

and for more general info on the MBA and the University: http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs/postgraduate/page.cfm?pge=5044

Alumni stuff here:
http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs/postgraduate/page.cfm?pge=8341

I'm not sure what you mean by "is there any campus placement done?", but if you can clarify this question, maybe I'll be able to find out.

It's quite simple. Have a look here:

http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs/postgraduate/page.cfm?pge=43760

and for more general info on the MBA and the University: http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs/postgraduate/page.cfm?pge=5044

Alumni stuff here:
http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs/postgraduate/page.cfm?pge=8341

I'm not sure what you mean by "is there any campus placement done?", but if you can clarify this question, maybe I'll be able to find out.

rguabs1

Hi,

RE: On-campus Placement

The full-time students undertake a team based consultancy project in the final semester of study. This lasts 12-16 weeks. Team size may be 2 to 5 depending on the scope of the project. The projects are arranged with appropriate companies in the Oil and Gas industry depending on the student's preference. Selection for projects is competitive and all students will undertake an interview with the client.

Companies may require you to work on premises or abroad for periods of the project.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Allan Scott

MBA Director

Hi,

RE: On-campus Placement

The full-time students undertake a team based consultancy project in the final semester of study. This lasts 12-16 weeks. Team size may be 2 to 5 depending on the scope of the project. The projects are arranged with appropriate companies in the Oil and Gas industry depending on the student's preference. Selection for projects is competitive and all students will undertake an interview with the client.

Companies may require you to work on premises or abroad for periods of the project.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Allan Scott

MBA Director
fabian

Hi,
I'm a student of Petroleum Engineering, I gonna get graduated the next February and I want to apply for one of these program that all you had discussed before. I had been training for the TOEFL and I had three month related experience in O&G upstream. Can one of you help me...?
No matter if is either in America or in Europe.

Hi,
I'm a student of Petroleum Engineering, I gonna get graduated the next February and I want to apply for one of these program that all you had discussed before. I had been training for the TOEFL and I had three month related experience in O&G upstream. Can one of you help me...?
No matter if is either in America or in Europe.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 12 Followers 116 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 9 Followers 35 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 26 Followers 71 Discussions
Liverpool, United Kingdom 22 Followers 101 Discussions
St. Albert, Canada 3 Followers 6 Discussions
St. John's, Canada 38 Followers 15 Discussions
Edmonton, Canada 50 Followers 53 Discussions
Calgary, Canada 32 Followers 35 Discussions
St. Petersburg, Russia 2 Followers 1 Discussion
Norman, Oklahoma 16 Followers 12 Discussions
Tulsa, Oklahoma 2 Followers 2 Discussions
Aberdeen, United Kingdom 42 Followers 87 Discussions
Oslo, Norway 35 Followers 28 Discussions
Austin, Texas 47 Followers 77 Discussions
Houston, Texas 25 Followers 16 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Berlin, Germany 13 Followers 102 Discussions
Paris cedex 11, France 10 Followers 83 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 2 Followers 39 Discussions
Torino, Italy 6 Followers 42 Discussions
Perth, Australia 5 Followers 17 Discussions

Other Related Content

Dec 01, 2023

Warwick Launches New Hybrid Accelerator MBA For March 2024 Intake

News Dec 01, 2023

After the MBA: Alumni Careers in the Energy Sector

Article Jun 01, 2011

Interviews with b-school alumni working in this constantly evolving industry

Top Business Schools for Energy and Natural Resources

Top List

Some MBA programs offer specializations in energy, which can help prepare students for industry's complex interplay between politics, finance, and the environment. See a list of the top ten best business schools for a career in energy