Mba at Cass, Hult or CEIBS

drwagih

I am an Egyptian (25 years) graduate of the faculty of Pharmacy, xpat working in East Africa as a Project Manager and Product and Training Manager. 2 years and 9 months work experience (full-time employment) and over 5 years of entrepreneurial experience in several privately ran businesses.

Looking for an International school with entrepreneurial concentrations - 1 year program.

Really confused...London, Boston or China?

I am an Egyptian (25 years) graduate of the faculty of Pharmacy, xpat working in East Africa as a Project Manager and Product and Training Manager. 2 years and 9 months work experience (full-time employment) and over 5 years of entrepreneurial experience in several privately ran businesses.

Looking for an International school with entrepreneurial concentrations - 1 year program.

Really confused...London, Boston or China?
ibanker

Really hard to advise you without knowing what you are trying to achieve from your MBA.

However, IMHO spending a year in Shanghai is not a great idea unless you are really intending to learn Chinese and continue to work there. As a fresh MBA graduate it is almost impossible to get a job in China without speaking Chinese (& preferably reading & writing it).

So would recommend London or Boston since you are more likely to get employment there.

Cass is a great school. Hult allows you to spend time in all the locations you are interested in and is very international.

Really hard to advise you without knowing what you are trying to achieve from your MBA.

However, IMHO spending a year in Shanghai is not a great idea unless you are really intending to learn Chinese and continue to work there. As a fresh MBA graduate it is almost impossible to get a job in China without speaking Chinese (& preferably reading & writing it).

So would recommend London or Boston since you are more likely to get employment there.

Cass is a great school. Hult allows you to spend time in all the locations you are interested in and is very international.
drwagih

Thnx Ibanker!!

Actually, I reserved my place on HULT and refused by CEIBS.

I am currently waiting for the decision of HKUST in Hong Kong.

What I am looking for is a very unique international experience. Most of Egyptians in particular and Africans and Middle Easterns in general would go for an MBA either from UK or USA without even considering any other options.

Actually, I am looking at distinguishing myself by getting it from China or to be more specific - HONG KONG (Very International and Very Chinese) but again I cannot ignore the fact that the "MBA" is an American Invention and it would be wiser to get it from the source and tie the degree to BOSTON (Brand-wise) and probably rotate the globe taking electives!!

The question is...what would you compromise?

Thnx Ibanker!!

Actually, I reserved my place on HULT and refused by CEIBS.

I am currently waiting for the decision of HKUST in Hong Kong.

What I am looking for is a very unique international experience. Most of Egyptians in particular and Africans and Middle Easterns in general would go for an MBA either from UK or USA without even considering any other options.

Actually, I am looking at distinguishing myself by getting it from China or to be more specific - HONG KONG (Very International and Very Chinese) but again I cannot ignore the fact that the "MBA" is an American Invention and it would be wiser to get it from the source and tie the degree to BOSTON (Brand-wise) and probably rotate the globe taking electives!!

The question is...what would you compromise?
kbell

Hi drwagih,
I work for Hult, and just to clarify about the Shanghai campus, it is only offered as a choice as part of your elective rotation C (ie those are the only courses offered in Shanghai). You cannot study with Hult the entire year there. Please see this FAQ for more detail:
http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/admissions/faq#16

I lived in Hong Kong for several years recently and although it's certainly very international, compared to mainland China it's extremely hard to integrate the Chinese community. Hong Kong people have such a long exposure to English-speakers and foreigners in general that they have completely divided their lives between the English-speaking business world and Cantonese-speaking private lives. Practically no foreigners in HK learn to speak Cantonese: they don't need it and frankly HK people are generally pretty closed to the idea. I spent 3 years trying to learn and practice Cantonese both at a language school and with colleagues and had a really hard time finding anyone willing to practice with me. Everyone just says, "You should learn Mandarin instead".

So I'd say that if you're looking for a really Chinese experience and the chance to learn some Chinese, Shanghai or anywhere else in the mainland is a much better choice than HK. HK has lots of good sides, but you won't be immersed in Chinese culture at all.

Hi drwagih,
I work for Hult, and just to clarify about the Shanghai campus, it is only offered as a choice as part of your elective rotation C (ie those are the only courses offered in Shanghai). You cannot study with Hult the entire year there. Please see this FAQ for more detail:
http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/admissions/faq#16

I lived in Hong Kong for several years recently and although it's certainly very international, compared to mainland China it's extremely hard to integrate the Chinese community. Hong Kong people have such a long exposure to English-speakers and foreigners in general that they have completely divided their lives between the English-speaking business world and Cantonese-speaking private lives. Practically no foreigners in HK learn to speak Cantonese: they don't need it and frankly HK people are generally pretty closed to the idea. I spent 3 years trying to learn and practice Cantonese both at a language school and with colleagues and had a really hard time finding anyone willing to practice with me. Everyone just says, "You should learn Mandarin instead".

So I'd say that if you're looking for a really Chinese experience and the chance to learn some Chinese, Shanghai or anywhere else in the mainland is a much better choice than HK. HK has lots of good sides, but you won't be immersed in Chinese culture at all.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 59 Followers 415 Discussions
Shanghai, China 38 Followers 78 Discussions
Beijing, China 6 Followers 102 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 34 Followers 179 Discussions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 25 Followers 88 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 31 Followers 77 Discussions

Hot Discussions