Luxury Brand Management

InfoMBA

Is there anyone familiar with luxury fashion industry that can tell me the main differences in getting an MBA or an MSc in Luxury Brand Management? What jobs would the MBA vs. the MSc graduate receive? Would one have more opportunities than the other in finding a job after graduating.

Does anyone know much about the Istituto Marangoni Masters in Fashion & Luxury Brand Management in London? Upon graduation the student receives a Masters degree from Manchester University. This is the top fashion school in Italy but I am not sure how well known it is globally.

I am considering the International University in Monaco as well as Marangoni and I am a bit stuck between the two and now even more confused if I should do an MBA or just go for the Masters degree.

If anyone has some advice it would be great.

Thank you.

Is there anyone familiar with luxury fashion industry that can tell me the main differences in getting an MBA or an MSc in Luxury Brand Management? What jobs would the MBA vs. the MSc graduate receive? Would one have more opportunities than the other in finding a job after graduating.

Does anyone know much about the Istituto Marangoni Masters in Fashion & Luxury Brand Management in London? Upon graduation the student receives a Masters degree from Manchester University. This is the top fashion school in Italy but I am not sure how well known it is globally.

I am considering the International University in Monaco as well as Marangoni and I am a bit stuck between the two and now even more confused if I should do an MBA or just go for the Masters degree.

If anyone has some advice it would be great.

Thank you.
Duncan

There's a lot of discussion here on luxury. Use the search tools to review it.

Generally, MBAs are for people with work experience and the MSc is for people without it.

The Marangoni degree is *not* from the University of Manchester: that's a top, world-class university. Manchester Metropolitan University, the former polytechnic, issues the Marangoni degree.

Also see Luxury & Luxury Brand Management http://www.find-mba.com/board/24603

There's a lot of discussion here on luxury. Use the search tools to review it.

Generally, MBAs are for people with work experience and the MSc is for people without it.

The Marangoni degree is *not* from the University of Manchester: that's a top, world-class university. Manchester Metropolitan University, the former polytechnic, issues the Marangoni degree.

Also see Luxury & Luxury Brand Management http://www.find-mba.com/board/24603
InfoMBA

Thank you!

Thank you!
Inactive User

Do any of the Monaco programs over that Marangoni one.

Also, some schools you should look at if you're interested in the luxury space:

SDA Bocconi
ESSEC
Bologna / Alma
HEC Paris

The programs that have hands-on components like internships in top luxury are generally more valuable. Luxury employers (especially in developing economies like China, where the markets are red hot) are looking for people who have experience in the established luxury markets.

Do any of the Monaco programs over that Marangoni one.

Also, some schools you should look at if you're interested in the luxury space:

SDA Bocconi
ESSEC
Bologna / Alma
HEC Paris

The programs that have hands-on components like internships in top luxury are generally more valuable. Luxury employers (especially in developing economies like China, where the markets are red hot) are looking for people who have experience in the established luxury markets.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Monaco 13 Followers 27 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Full Profile
Cergy-Pontoise, France 41 Followers 185 Discussions
Bologna, Italy 39 Followers 26 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

Indulge Yourself: MBA Programs in Luxury Management

Article Sep 27, 2012

How a specialized program in luxury can help you tap into a growing market

Top Business Schools for Luxury Brand Management

Top List

From Armani to Versace and Ralph Lauren, luxury brands accounted for over $300 billion in 2021 alone, by some estimates. And with surging demand from the emerging middle classes in countries like India and China, the industry is poised for more growth.

An MBA in Luxury Brand Management can lead to a variety of jobs in this sector, including roles like marketing managers, business development consultants, and brand managers. Some schools offer specialized MBA programs in Luxury, as well as related fields like Fashion or Retail.

Many students interested in breaking into the luxury sector gravitate to hubs like Paris or Milan, where many of the top firms are based; others go to New York City or London to be in the heart of the action. Being near to luxury firms can help with networking opportunities; some students also opt to pursue MBA internships in luxury firms, for hands-on experience in the sector.

See a list of the Top 10 MBAs for Luxury below.

Hot Discussions