Low Gmat 3+ years of Experience

prashansa

Hi,

I am giving Gmat day after tomorrow and the average score in the mock tests i have scored is in between 470 to 520.
I have just prepared for a month now, also planning to re-take the test.
As i have checked, almost all the dead lines for B-schools close by Jan last week.
I have 3+ years of experience working with Accenture.I want to apply some how before the Jan dead lines so that i can start my school from Aug-Sep 2015.

If i get a low score like something around 550 in the second attempt also (which i am planning in December) will it be advisable to still apply for B-schools with such a score?

Also can you suggest few schools which will be good for my profile.
I was try for NUS is that a good and feasible option to go with?

Thanks,
Prashansa

Hi,

I am giving Gmat day after tomorrow and the average score in the mock tests i have scored is in between 470 to 520.
I have just prepared for a month now, also planning to re-take the test.
As i have checked, almost all the dead lines for B-schools close by Jan last week.
I have 3+ years of experience working with Accenture.I want to apply some how before the Jan dead lines so that i can start my school from Aug-Sep 2015.

If i get a low score like something around 550 in the second attempt also (which i am planning in December) will it be advisable to still apply for B-schools with such a score?

Also can you suggest few schools which will be good for my profile.
I was try for NUS is that a good and feasible option to go with?

Thanks,
Prashansa
Duncan

MBAs start all the time, so there are closing dates all the time. See: Which schools start when http://www.find-mba.com/board/41131

550 is well below the average score at NUS and your profile may not be very different from many other candidates, who do have better scores. Take a look at Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065

MBAs start all the time, so there are closing dates all the time. See: Which schools start when http://www.find-mba.com/board/41131

550 is well below the average score at NUS and your profile may not be very different from many other candidates, who do have better scores. Take a look at Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065
ezra

The average GMAT score of NUS' current cohort is around 670, so I think you are a ways off. And the 670 range - and higher - is sort of a typical score for many ranked business schools.

Depending on the regions you are looking at, you may be able to find unranked but accredited MBA programs where the GMAT score is in the 550 ballpark: Howard University in DC comes to mind, and CSU Fullerton in California - but this tier of school is usually only geared towards local students.

So short story is that you should probably keep working on your GMAT score.

The average GMAT score of NUS' current cohort is around 670, so I think you are a ways off. And the 670 range - and higher - is sort of a typical score for many ranked business schools.

Depending on the regions you are looking at, you may be able to find unranked but accredited MBA programs where the GMAT score is in the 550 ballpark: Howard University in DC comes to mind, and CSU Fullerton in California - but this tier of school is usually only geared towards local students.

So short story is that you should probably keep working on your GMAT score.

shivang

Hi Prashansa,
Read your post. Have you given GMAT & may I know which colleges did you choose are per your score ?
I am planning to give GMAT this month end.

Hi Prashansa,
Read your post. Have you given GMAT & may I know which colleges did you choose are per your score ?
I am planning to give GMAT this month end.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Washington, District of Columbia 9 Followers 12 Discussions
Singapore 82 Followers 168 Discussions
Fullerton, California 15 Followers 24 Discussions

Other Related Content

Can a Low GMAT Score Kill Your B-School Dreams?

Article Aug 30, 2013

Why your GMAT score is important, and what it tells MBA admissions people about you