living costs Europe

a_mukerjee

I'm getting a bit confused about the living costs in Europe. There seem to be so much differences!
I am particularly interested in living cost in Berlin, Frankfurt, London, Netherlands in general, Barcelona. Happy about your comments!
Attiya

I'm getting a bit confused about the living costs in Europe. There seem to be so much differences!
I am particularly interested in living cost in Berlin, Frankfurt, London, Netherlands in general, Barcelona. Happy about your comments!
Attiya
noya

hi Attiya, here is a link to index of living costs in various cities. Hope it helps.
http://www.citymayors.com/economics/expensive_cities2.html

hi Attiya, here is a link to index of living costs in various cities. Hope it helps.
http://www.citymayors.com/economics/expensive_cities2.html
James

Hi,

It is not a secret I am a Barcelona Fan.

Living cost here are cheaper than any other city you mention, unfortunately they are rising, but still cheaper.
Then weather is great, the business schools outstanding and for any taste and pocket.

Prices go from 700 euros a month, sharing a house, cooking on your own and not going out or travelling so much.

Regards

Hi,

It is not a secret I am a Barcelona Fan.

Living cost here are cheaper than any other city you mention, unfortunately they are rising, but still cheaper.
Then weather is great, the business schools outstanding and for any taste and pocket.

Prices go from 700 euros a month, sharing a house, cooking on your own and not going out or travelling so much.

Regards
a_mukerjee

This is an amazing link about living costs in cities all around the world! You have such helpfull information Noya, I'm impressed! Especially for people like me coming from countries with lower income and lower costs of living its so dificult to figure out, what prices could be in Europe f.ex.
When I look at the different cities in Europe, disparaties are so high between places that are next door to eachother, very suprising.
Well, Barcelona is doing good James, but: Berlin is even cheaper, Berlin seems to be a special case, I don't quite understand. Munich+Frankfurt is a lot more expensive...
That helped alot Noya!

This is an amazing link about living costs in cities all around the world! You have such helpfull information Noya, I'm impressed! Especially for people like me coming from countries with lower income and lower costs of living its so dificult to figure out, what prices could be in Europe f.ex.
When I look at the different cities in Europe, disparaties are so high between places that are next door to eachother, very suprising.
Well, Barcelona is doing good James, but: Berlin is even cheaper, Berlin seems to be a special case, I don't quite understand. Munich+Frankfurt is a lot more expensive...
That helped alot Noya!
noya

HI Attiya, the index including rents. that explains why London is more expensive than tokyo, even as people complain about cost of food in Tokyo (try buy a can of cola in Tokyo.. really gave me a shock and miss the third-world country price), the rent is getting expensive in london thanks to the property boom.

Berlin rent is very cheap. i have a friend who live there and say you can get as low as 150 euro a month if you wanna live in so-called bachelor room (very basic, i am sure though) attached to someone's house. that even cheaper than here in central jakarta.

For barcelona/madrid, there are several sites that connects people lookng to share apartments. that will cut the costs considerably, according to my friend who is studying in madrid. Studio room can cost you 600-900 ish euro a month, but sharing 4-bed room apartment will mean each room tenant pay only 300-500 a month depending on type of rooms and `popularity-to-tourist index' as my friend calls it :) hope it helps.

HI Attiya, the index including rents. that explains why London is more expensive than tokyo, even as people complain about cost of food in Tokyo (try buy a can of cola in Tokyo.. really gave me a shock and miss the third-world country price), the rent is getting expensive in london thanks to the property boom.

Berlin rent is very cheap. i have a friend who live there and say you can get as low as 150 euro a month if you wanna live in so-called bachelor room (very basic, i am sure though) attached to someone's house. that even cheaper than here in central jakarta.

For barcelona/madrid, there are several sites that connects people lookng to share apartments. that will cut the costs considerably, according to my friend who is studying in madrid. Studio room can cost you 600-900 ish euro a month, but sharing 4-bed room apartment will mean each room tenant pay only 300-500 a month depending on type of rooms and `popularity-to-tourist index' as my friend calls it :) hope it helps.
a_mukerjee

Hey Noya,
So it's the rent that makes the difference.
I quite fancy this idea of sharing a flate with other students, sounds like a nice idea.
As far as I know this is common not only in Spain, but as well in other European countires (I don't know anything about the States). In Germany f.ex. I've heard most students share flats. In England it's those cute little houses people share. Only in France the concept doesn't exist.
I imagine when I arrive as a foreigner city where I don't know anyone it must be very nice to right away meet people like that.

Hey Noya,
So it's the rent that makes the difference.
I quite fancy this idea of sharing a flate with other students, sounds like a nice idea.
As far as I know this is common not only in Spain, but as well in other European countires (I don't know anything about the States). In Germany f.ex. I've heard most students share flats. In England it's those cute little houses people share. Only in France the concept doesn't exist.
I imagine when I arrive as a foreigner city where I don't know anyone it must be very nice to right away meet people like that.
iuri

Hi,
An Indonesian friend of mine, who lives in Germany, told me it is a great experience to share a flat when you study. He met a lot of nice people through his flat mates. Besides, regarding all the problems you have in the beginning in a foreign country, or things you need to know, it was a great help for him to be surrounded by German flatmates willing to help him whenever they can.

Hi,
An Indonesian friend of mine, who lives in Germany, told me it is a great experience to share a flat when you study. He met a lot of nice people through his flat mates. Besides, regarding all the problems you have in the beginning in a foreign country, or things you need to know, it was a great help for him to be surrounded by German flatmates willing to help him whenever they can.
Sunny

Exactly, Iuri. I'm living alone right now, because I was too shy to try this adventure of sharing. My flat is very cozy, but I still regret very much not sharing with other people. I'm even thinking about moving out again to a shared flat. I arrived one month ago in Germany for my MBA, and this is exactly the time when I would need to have some people around at home...

Exactly, Iuri. I'm living alone right now, because I was too shy to try this adventure of sharing. My flat is very cozy, but I still regret very much not sharing with other people. I'm even thinking about moving out again to a shared flat. I arrived one month ago in Germany for my MBA, and this is exactly the time when I would need to have some people around at home...
a_mukerjee

Hi Sunny,
What is your experience in Munich in terms of meeting people in general? Do find it easy, are people open to meet foreigners like you? If I remember right, you are from Asia too, no?

Hi Sunny,
What is your experience in Munich in terms of meeting people in general? Do find it easy, are people open to meet foreigners like you? If I remember right, you are from Asia too, no?
Sunny

Hi there,
sorry for not coming back to you... I had to study hard.
To answer your question, I don't find it particularly easy to meet people beyond the regular small talk. They tend to be curious about my origin, but difficult to really make friends. I heard this is typically Munich though, Frankfurt, Cologne, Hamburg and Berlin ar supposed to be quite different.

Hi there,
sorry for not coming back to you... I had to study hard.
To answer your question, I don't find it particularly easy to meet people beyond the regular small talk. They tend to be curious about my origin, but difficult to really make friends. I heard this is typically Munich though, Frankfurt, Cologne, Hamburg and Berlin ar supposed to be quite different.

I heard the same about Munich what you tell... In Cologne it would be easier for you to make friends, very communicative people, and friendly. But generally speaking Germans have the reputation to be a bit stiff and not so open as Southern Europe.

I heard the same about Munich what you tell... In Cologne it would be easier for you to make friends, very communicative people, and friendly. But generally speaking Germans have the reputation to be a bit stiff and not so open as Southern Europe.
Sunny

Hello everyone, I just visited a friend in Cologne, and I was impressed. Like you say, you go to a bar and in two seconds everyone is talking to you. Not all Germans are "cold" .

Hello everyone, I just visited a friend in Cologne, and I was impressed. Like you say, you go to a bar and in two seconds everyone is talking to you. Not all Germans are "cold" .
iuri

Hello Sunny, I was wondering about religion in Munich! I heard Bavarians are much more religious (catholic) than people in other German regions where religion plays a somehow minor role.
What's your impression?

Hello Sunny, I was wondering about religion in Munich! I heard Bavarians are much more religious (catholic) than people in other German regions where religion plays a somehow minor role.
What's your impression?
Sunny

Hi there, yes you are right, compared to other regions (i have not seen many though) it's quite folklore, as many things here in Bavaria. At the same time Munich is the third biggest German city (1,3 mio), modern and somehow urban. I think this religous folklore is more to be seen in the countryside. Anyhow you feel religion a lot less than in Asia!

Hi there, yes you are right, compared to other regions (i have not seen many though) it's quite folklore, as many things here in Bavaria. At the same time Munich is the third biggest German city (1,3 mio), modern and somehow urban. I think this religous folklore is more to be seen in the countryside. Anyhow you feel religion a lot less than in Asia!
Post MBA

Here are living expenses for students in Barcelona from the Barcelona Management Institute: http://www.barcelonami.org

Here are living expenses for students in Barcelona from the Barcelona Management Institute: http://www.barcelonami.org
Rocky

Hey!
you can get the information for every single query on this site,rite frm admission 2 expenditure for different countries
..http://infozee.com/
so chek it up!

Hey!
you can get the information for every single query on this site,rite frm admission 2 expenditure for different countries
..http://infozee.com/
so chek it up!
Rocky

Check this site http://macquil.com/

Check this site http://macquil.com/
jona

Hello Rocky, I could not open the page infozee.com/ . Can you check the spelling? Thanks in advance

Hello Rocky, I could not open the page infozee.com/ . Can you check the spelling? Thanks in advance
Rocky

The spelling is absolutely correct..jona!!

<blockquote>Hello Rocky, I could not open the page infozee.com/ . Can you check the spelling? Thanks in advance</blockquote>

The spelling is absolutely correct..jona!!
jona

yes, right, sorry - mst have been my browser doing funny things..

yes, right, sorry - mst have been my browser doing funny things..

Reply to Post

Hot Discussions