IT eng. MBA college help

Hello All,

I am an Indian, IT engineer from pune university. I graduated in may 2010 and has been working since june 2010. I want to go for an international MBA degree.
I gave my gmat this year in april, got 530. I will be giving it again later this month ie. dec.. I hope to get above 650 this time , as i have not been able to score till 700 in any of the mocks.
I want to open my doors to international work place, since the recent tougher job oppurtunities after grad. from europe and US, i was thinking of applying to HK, Canada and Australia. but i really want to go to US .

Please Help me providing the names of colleges where i could get an admission

Regards

Hello All,

I am an Indian, IT engineer from pune university. I graduated in may 2010 and has been working since june 2010. I want to go for an international MBA degree.
I gave my gmat this year in april, got 530. I will be giving it again later this month ie. dec.. I hope to get above 650 this time , as i have not been able to score till 700 in any of the mocks.
I want to open my doors to international work place, since the recent tougher job oppurtunities after grad. from europe and US, i was thinking of applying to HK, Canada and Australia. but i really want to go to US .

Please Help me providing the names of colleges where i could get an admission

Regards
Duncan

Hmmm. You have a double obstacle: both your GMAT and your work experiences are rather less than most world-class MBAs. What was your undergraduate GPA?

Take a look at the tier 4 schools at
http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082

Assuming you get 650 or 660, then I think you'd stand a good chance of admission at these US schools:
University of South Carolina (Moore) (SC)
Louisiana State University--Baton Rouge (Ourso) (LA)
Iowa State University (IA)
University of Cincinnati (OH)
University of Arkansas--Fayetteville (Walton) (AR)
University of Oklahoma (Price) (OK)
University at Buffalo--SUNY (NY)
Northeastern University
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (Pamplin)
Bentley University (McCallum) (MA)

I'd look especially closely at Iowa State University and Virginia Polytechnic if you have a strong undergraduate transcript: they are good value. But look at Northeastern or USC even if it's a bit weaker, since they have the highest salaries on graduation.

Hmmm. You have a double obstacle: both your GMAT and your work experiences are rather less than most world-class MBAs. What was your undergraduate GPA?

Take a look at the tier 4 schools at
http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082

Assuming you get 650 or 660, then I think you'd stand a good chance of admission at these US schools:
University of South Carolina (Moore) (SC)
Louisiana State University--Baton Rouge (Ourso) (LA)
Iowa State University (IA)
University of Cincinnati (OH)
University of Arkansas--Fayetteville (Walton) (AR)
University of Oklahoma (Price) (OK)
University at Buffalo--SUNY (NY)
Northeastern University
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (Pamplin)
Bentley University (McCallum) (MA)

I'd look especially closely at Iowa State University and Virginia Polytechnic if you have a strong undergraduate transcript: they are good value. But look at Northeastern or USC even if it's a bit weaker, since they have the highest salaries on graduation.

can you give me some info. about chinese university of hongkong (cuhk), i am thinking of applying to it.
How are the jobs after grad from cuhk, is the ROI good.

can you give me some info. about chinese university of hongkong (cuhk), i am thinking of applying to it.
How are the jobs after grad from cuhk, is the ROI good.
Duncan

Take a look at http://mbacareer.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/new/public/know_our_profile/ then http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/chinese-university-of-hong-kong/global-mba-rankings-2012#global-mba-rankings-2012 and then put CUHK into the search box on the discussion board.

Let us know if you have any specific questions. Roi and MBA outcomes are well documented.

Take a look at http://mbacareer.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/new/public/know_our_profile/ then http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/chinese-university-of-hong-kong/global-mba-rankings-2012#global-mba-rankings-2012 and then put CUHK into the search box on the discussion board.

Let us know if you have any specific questions. Roi and MBA outcomes are well documented.

Hey Duncan,

Done with my GMAT, got 690.
Since i am applying for fall 2013, i will be having 3 yrs of work exp till then.
I am applying to CUHK, HKUST, NUS and SPJAIN global program.
I also want to apply to austarlian uni.
What are my chances of getting into MBS and AGSM ? Can you also advice some other good australian uni.

Hey Duncan,

Done with my GMAT, got 690.
Since i am applying for fall 2013, i will be having 3 yrs of work exp till then.
I am applying to CUHK, HKUST, NUS and SPJAIN global program.
I also want to apply to austarlian uni.
What are my chances of getting into MBS and AGSM ? Can you also advice some other good australian uni.

ralph

It might be challenging to get into one of those Australian programs you mentioned: the average work experience at AGSM is normally around 7 years; and at Melbourne it's 5 years. I'd consider these to be reach schools for you.

Maybe look into an unranked program as a safety school - the University of Western Australia, for example? They've got a one-year MBA program.

It might be challenging to get into one of those Australian programs you mentioned: the average work experience at AGSM is normally around 7 years; and at Melbourne it's 5 years. I'd consider these to be reach schools for you.

Maybe look into an unranked program as a safety school - the University of Western Australia, for example? They've got a one-year MBA program.

Hello Ashish, its good that you are determined about your career, but if you are finding MBA challenging and difficult then you may also apply to IT companies in US. There are many IT companies in US offering jobs and training to freshers. I am also employed in an IT company named Spyrel Inc, a reputed IT company, you can apply for job in the same company. Still if your interest persists in MBA then you must go for it and put in all your effort. Wishing you all the luck for your next exam.

Hello Ashish, its good that you are determined about your career, but if you are finding MBA challenging and difficult then you may also apply to IT companies in US. There are many IT companies in US offering jobs and training to freshers. I am also employed in an IT company named Spyrel Inc, a reputed IT company, you can apply for job in the same company. Still if your interest persists in MBA then you must go for it and put in all your effort. Wishing you all the luck for your next exam.
Inactive User

MBA in any specialization is always good i mean to have a settled career. you get detailed knowledge about having the degree in hand.
focus on program where you have interest, because without interest you wont get even keen to know more about it.
talking about my experience i had set my goal i want to do MBA and i did in the field i was interested more in. So i did
MBA in project management.

MBA in any specialization is always good i mean to have a settled career. you get detailed knowledge about having the degree in hand.
focus on program where you have interest, because without interest you wont get even keen to know more about it.
talking about my experience i had set my goal i want to do MBA and i did in the field i was interested more in. So i did
MBA in project management.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Fayetteville, Arkansas 4 Followers 12 Discussions
Cincinnati, Ohio 3 Followers 27 Discussions
Waltham, Massachusetts 7 Followers 17 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 27 Followers 31 Discussions
Ames, Iowa 2 Followers 13 Discussions
Columbia, South Carolina 11 Followers 30 Discussions
Blacksburg, Virginia 8 Followers 17 Discussions
Buffalo, New York 24 Followers 53 Discussions
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 6 Followers 12 Discussions