Is it worth it....

Hi there,
I am an engineer a fresher at the moment from india, over the past few months i have been going through various uni for post grad courses, i have two qestions,
1) Can a fresher engineer get a job abroad, if not after how much experience/skills should i consider myself on the level to get a job abroad,

2) If i take up any course say mba in aus or nz i shall be taking the fee as a loan, and then moving out, is is it really worth it can you actually earn back what you take as loan, cause on a rough calculation an mba from aus is amounting to like 20-30lacks and that is a pretty huge amount if you cant pay back, cause i hear lot of people telling me that you can earn a decent amount working there in aus what i have been told is 500$ a week,
so can you earn a decent amount, i.e from the time you enroll and start your course and post that like 2 years of what you get to do full time work,
and how difficult is it to get a pr if considering aus or nz,

Also if there is any other country you know that could be cheaper and has better avenues do leme know,

Thanks for hearing me out,
(Y) :)

Hi there,
I am an engineer a fresher at the moment from india, over the past few months i have been going through various uni for post grad courses, i have two qestions,
1) Can a fresher engineer get a job abroad, if not after how much experience/skills should i consider myself on the level to get a job abroad,

2) If i take up any course say mba in aus or nz i shall be taking the fee as a loan, and then moving out, is is it really worth it can you actually earn back what you take as loan, cause on a rough calculation an mba from aus is amounting to like 20-30lacks and that is a pretty huge amount if you cant pay back, cause i hear lot of people telling me that you can earn a decent amount working there in aus what i have been told is 500$ a week,
so can you earn a decent amount, i.e from the time you enroll and start your course and post that like 2 years of what you get to do full time work,
and how difficult is it to get a pr if considering aus or nz,

Also if there is any other country you know that could be cheaper and has better avenues do leme know,

Thanks for hearing me out,
(Y) :)
Duncan

These are very general questions. Does your engineering school have someone who can discuss career and study options with you?

These are very general questions. Does your engineering school have someone who can discuss career and study options with you?
badux

Without any work experience, you might want to look at masters in management programs as a way to transition to these countries since MBA programs require work experience.

The University of Sydney Business School for instance offers a ranked masters in management program, you can do that and then get a post-study work visa for I believe 18 months. New Zealand most likely has similar rules in terms of work visas.

Canada also has some decent masters in management programs, UBC Sauder's is ranked, and you can get a post-work study visa there too.

Another English-speaking countries where you can get work visas after your studies is of course the USA. It's harder in the UK, but if you did your MSc at a top-ranked school like ESCP, LBS, etc., it's usually not difficult to land a job after the program, all other things considered.

Good luck!

Without any work experience, you might want to look at masters in management programs as a way to transition to these countries since MBA programs require work experience.

The University of Sydney Business School for instance offers a ranked masters in management program, you can do that and then get a post-study work visa for I believe 18 months. New Zealand most likely has similar rules in terms of work visas.

Canada also has some decent masters in management programs, UBC Sauder's is ranked, and you can get a post-work study visa there too.

Another English-speaking countries where you can get work visas after your studies is of course the USA. It's harder in the UK, but if you did your MSc at a top-ranked school like ESCP, LBS, etc., it's usually not difficult to land a job after the program, all other things considered.

Good luck!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions
Vancouver, Canada 61 Followers 97 Discussions
Circular Quay, Australia 18 Followers 6 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 7 Followers 69 Discussions

Other Related Content

Feb 07, 2024

London Business School Announces New 1-Year MBA

News Feb 07, 2024

Work Experience and the MBA: How Much is Really Necessary?

Article Aug 30, 2011

Experience isn't just about getting into business school; it's also about getting out (with a job).