IE vs HULT, Master Internactional Management/ Businees

meli_cruz

Hi, My question it's about this 2 institutions

I'm considering this two choices, but Know I'm reading some questionable things about HULT.

I applied to Master International Management in IE, and Master iNternational Business in HULT, as the educational program are pretty much the same.

But what I;m worry about, That when I finally decided for Hult and actually paid my reservation place, because 4 things:
-Global Rotation
-Good rankings and growing faster
-Revalidation of credits on the MBA program, so in the future I have a MBA degree
- the Opportunity of getting job in USA (I would be on San FRANCISCO Campus)

But now I'm reading that they statistics of people with jobs after graduating are not true, and how bad it's their career services department (which I consider quite important to job affairs and help on the job seeking). Also how questionable are their professors and their credibility as an institution.And how ex-alumni regreted to be there.

I got admitted both, Ie and Hult, And I admittted that IE was more difficult get in, because involved tests, 3 essays, interviews, etc.

It is not of my interest to be on a questioable Intitution, but How can I get a chance to prove them wrong, because until now IT'S only personal opinions?

And the other bad thing about IE, who they credibility it's not in question AT ALL, bue the situation in SPain, it's quite drastic, 25% unemployed rates and their citizens are not happy at all, and they are protesting. And if I want to get a job after graduating, obviously in Europe it's impossible and apply to other jobs to America(the continent) are not very easy because of the distance.

I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE, SOME OBJECTIVE ADVICE HERE, BECAUSE I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO MAKE A FINAL DECISION. i'M STIIL ON TIME.

Hi, My question it's about this 2 institutions

I'm considering this two choices, but Know I'm reading some questionable things about HULT.

I applied to Master International Management in IE, and Master iNternational Business in HULT, as the educational program are pretty much the same.

But what I;m worry about, That when I finally decided for Hult and actually paid my reservation place, because 4 things:
-Global Rotation
-Good rankings and growing faster
-Revalidation of credits on the MBA program, so in the future I have a MBA degree
- the Opportunity of getting job in USA (I would be on San FRANCISCO Campus)

But now I'm reading that they statistics of people with jobs after graduating are not true, and how bad it's their career services department (which I consider quite important to job affairs and help on the job seeking). Also how questionable are their professors and their credibility as an institution.And how ex-alumni regreted to be there.

I got admitted both, Ie and Hult, And I admittted that IE was more difficult get in, because involved tests, 3 essays, interviews, etc.

It is not of my interest to be on a questioable Intitution, but How can I get a chance to prove them wrong, because until now IT'S only personal opinions?

And the other bad thing about IE, who they credibility it's not in question AT ALL, bue the situation in SPain, it's quite drastic, 25% unemployed rates and their citizens are not happy at all, and they are protesting. And if I want to get a job after graduating, obviously in Europe it's impossible and apply to other jobs to America(the continent) are not very easy because of the distance.

I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE, SOME OBJECTIVE ADVICE HERE, BECAUSE I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO MAKE A FINAL DECISION. i'M STIIL ON TIME.
Masood Sah...

Hi Meli_Cruz

IE is one the top business schools of the world, one cant compare it to Hult. Your problem with IE i see is economic crisis in Europe, but this is no different with what is happening in USA ! I am sure one would try to give numbers on recent Job creation increased in USA, don't fall for that , All this is just for 2012 General Elections in USA.

Global Rotation ( They dont even have their own campus in London, students study in some other schools campus ...

Good rankings and growing faster- I assume you follow FT ranking like everyone else, i seriously question their ranking, i cant believe school like strathclyde is out this year.

Growing faster - yes campus wise :)

regarding their career service , i was quiet happy to know their career service director for London is Ex- Hr Director of Deloitte or McKenzie and they do have professors from schools like Harvard, ( i know all this of their MBA London program)

As i knew personally Alumni of Hult, we had a joke on Hult, what does Hult give students.. Answer - Admission :-) , and if you are prospective student their will be rigorous follow up from Hult, extending their deadline of admission and so on..

For sure IE is all about quality , thats why you had to go through all the interviews ...

When you study in a Top B school like IE , you are looking for opportunities Globally, not just Europe, I am sure there will be lot of MNC tie up with IE Career service.

Hope this helps

Hi Meli_Cruz

IE is one the top business schools of the world, one cant compare it to Hult. Your problem with IE i see is economic crisis in Europe, but this is no different with what is happening in USA ! I am sure one would try to give numbers on recent Job creation increased in USA, don't fall for that , All this is just for 2012 General Elections in USA.

Global Rotation ( They dont even have their own campus in London, students study in some other schools campus ...

Good rankings and growing faster- I assume you follow FT ranking like everyone else, i seriously question their ranking, i cant believe school like strathclyde is out this year.

Growing faster - yes campus wise :)

regarding their career service , i was quiet happy to know their career service director for London is Ex- Hr Director of Deloitte or McKenzie and they do have professors from schools like Harvard, ( i know all this of their MBA London program)

As i knew personally Alumni of Hult, we had a joke on Hult, what does Hult give students.. Answer - Admission :-) , and if you are prospective student their will be rigorous follow up from Hult, extending their deadline of admission and so on..

For sure IE is all about quality , thats why you had to go through all the interviews ...

When you study in a Top B school like IE , you are looking for opportunities Globally, not just Europe, I am sure there will be lot of MNC tie up with IE Career service.

Hope this helps
Duncan

There are more than two schools in the world. Make a positive choice even if that means waiting one or two semesters to start in the right place.

Ask the schools for their placement data for non- domestic students. What happens to non-Spanish students at IE or non-us students at Hult? If they can't answer that question, then that is a red flag.

They are both international schools. Do not expect to work in the US or Spain if you are not a citizen. Work permits are a substantial barrier to entry.

IE, almost certainly, will open more doors than Hult. If you have paid a deposit, it is a tiny fraction of the difference in outcomes.

Study where you want to work, at least in the same continent, and get into the best school for your career goals. Look at the FT ranking for MSc programmes, not the MBA rankings.

There are more than two schools in the world. Make a positive choice even if that means waiting one or two semesters to start in the right place.

Ask the schools for their placement data for non- domestic students. What happens to non-Spanish students at IE or non-us students at Hult? If they can't answer that question, then that is a red flag.

They are both international schools. Do not expect to work in the US or Spain if you are not a citizen. Work permits are a substantial barrier to entry.

IE, almost certainly, will open more doors than Hult. If you have paid a deposit, it is a tiny fraction of the difference in outcomes.

Study where you want to work, at least in the same continent, and get into the best school for your career goals. Look at the FT ranking for MSc programmes, not the MBA rankings.
meli_cruz

THANKS A LOT GUYS !

Your opinions really help to see different perspectives !!
I guess that I can my make choice a lot wiser !! I really appreciate the time you spent!

THANKS A LOT GUYS !

Your opinions really help to see different perspectives !!
I guess that I can my make choice a lot wiser !! I really appreciate the time you spent!
v@g

"They dont even have their own campus in London, students study in some other schools campus"

Seriously? Hult opened an amazing campus in the heart of London 2 months ago. Before that, the campus was in Russell Square...

And I can ensure you that Hult has 5 great campuses in 5 cities (London, San Fran, Boston, Dubai, Shanghai). I do not understand why you wrote that comment.

"They dont even have their own campus in London, students study in some other schools campus"

Seriously? Hult opened an amazing campus in the heart of London 2 months ago. Before that, the campus was in Russell Square...

And I can ensure you that Hult has 5 great campuses in 5 cities (London, San Fran, Boston, Dubai, Shanghai). I do not understand why you wrote that comment.
Duncan

Yes, that seems to be a mistaken comment by the other person. That said, I think it's more accurate to say that Hult has a building, not a campus. At http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campus I read a useful definition that " A campus is traditionally the land on which a college or university and related institutional buildings are situated. Usually a campus includes libraries, lecture halls, residence halls and park-like settings."

I do find it odd to refer to a single building (or, in the case of other Hult locations, a rented section of a office block) as a campus.

PS Actually, it wasn't a mistaken comment. A recent Hult London postgraduate alumnus confirmed to me that most of her teaching was done in rooms rented from Birkbeck College (where Hult teaches its undergraduates).

Yes, that seems to be a mistaken comment by the other person. That said, I think it's more accurate to say that Hult has a building, not a campus. At http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campus I read a useful definition that " A campus is traditionally the land on which a college or university and related institutional buildings are situated. Usually a campus includes libraries, lecture halls, residence halls and park-like settings."

I do find it odd to refer to a single building (or, in the case of other Hult locations, a rented section of a office block) as a campus.

PS Actually, it wasn't a mistaken comment. A recent Hult London postgraduate alumnus confirmed to me that most of her teaching was done in rooms rented from Birkbeck College (where Hult teaches its undergraduates).
Masood Sah...

@V@g

that post of mine is one month old, having not followed about their most recent developments, my apologies for the same, i dint knew they had finally got their own premises in london.

@V@g

that post of mine is one month old, having not followed about their most recent developments, my apologies for the same, i dint knew they had finally got their own premises in london.
v@g

@V@g

Even before the new campus (or building, whatever), Hult was located in Russell Square.

<blockquote>@V@g

that post of mine is one month old, having not followed about their most recent developments, my apologies for the same, i dint knew they had finally got their own premises in london.</blockquote>

Even before the new campus (or building, whatever), Hult was located in Russell Square.
Masood Sah...

@v@g

and Hult classes were held at Birkbeck, University of London ?

@v@g

and Hult classes were held at Birkbeck, University of London ?

Duncan

I didn't know that, but the website says: "Hult classes are held at Birkbeck, University of London, a five-minute walk from the Russell Square campus in the heart of London?s university district."
http://www.hult.edu/en/programs/bachelor/campuses/world-class-facilities/ I guess that is only or mostly for the undergraduate programmes.

I didn't know that, but the website says: "Hult classes are held at Birkbeck, University of London, a five-minute walk from the Russell Square campus in the heart of London?s university district."
http://www.hult.edu/en/programs/bachelor/campuses/world-class-facilities/ I guess that is only or mostly for the undergraduate programmes.
v@g

Yeah maybe it is for the undergrads.

The MBA & Master students have classes @ Hult's campus (or building, whatever)...

Yeah maybe it is for the undergrads.

The MBA & Master students have classes @ Hult's campus (or building, whatever)...
Masood Sah...

@Duncan, As of Jan 2012 , Hult FT MBA students studied at Birkbeck, University of London. Maybe now they moved to new campus

@Duncan, As of Jan 2012 , Hult FT MBA students studied at Birkbeck, University of London. Maybe now they moved to new campus

Duncan

Well, Hult previously used the Huron University building on Russell Square, which was 33,000 square feet. There must have been some teaching going on there. I've been in that building myself. Of course, I find it quite likely that Hult did, and perhaps still does, use University of London colleges' facilities. However, Hult has had its own space since it took over Huron.

Well, Hult previously used the Huron University building on Russell Square, which was 33,000 square feet. There must have been some teaching going on there. I've been in that building myself. Of course, I find it quite likely that Hult did, and perhaps still does, use University of London colleges' facilities. However, Hult has had its own space since it took over Huron.
Duncan

Well, I think you might be right. I ask a friend of mine who graduated with an MSc from Hult London last year about its relationship with Birkbeck, and she wrote that indeed there was a lot of teaching there: "most of my classes were in the auditorium downstairs and across from the main building.... spent many hours there and when Hult closed we would hold group meetings in whatever classroom we could find. We couldn't use the library though."

Well, I think you might be right. I ask a friend of mine who graduated with an MSc from Hult London last year about its relationship with Birkbeck, and she wrote that indeed there was a lot of teaching there: "most of my classes were in the auditorium downstairs and across from the main building.... spent many hours there and when Hult closed we would hold group meetings in whatever classroom we could find. We couldn't use the library though."
Masood Sah...

Exactly! My friends in current MBA batch as of Jan 2012 use to go to same campus.

We have nothing against Hult or any school, just here to provide all the information we have on any school to potential students.

Exactly! My friends in current MBA batch as of Jan 2012 use to go to same campus.

We have nothing against Hult or any school, just here to provide all the information we have on any school to potential students.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 368 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 34 Followers 179 Discussions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 25 Followers 88 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 31 Followers 77 Discussions
San Francisco, California 28 Followers 40 Discussions
New York City, New York 6 Followers 21 Discussions

Hot Discussions