How to get started

PNI

I have worked in finance for the last 4 years and have considered studying a 1 year MBA program in general business starting around Jan or Aug 2011. Can someone help me get started? (where should I start, what schools, how does gmat work, when to apply, costs etc.). There is so much information available and I don't know where to start. Thanks.

I have worked in finance for the last 4 years and have considered studying a 1 year MBA program in general business starting around Jan or Aug 2011. Can someone help me get started? (where should I start, what schools, how does gmat work, when to apply, costs etc.). There is so much information available and I don't know where to start. Thanks.
ralph

Well, try to narrow down your options, based on your profile. What's your undergrad GPA? Do you want to keep working in finance or go somewhere else?

Most importantly, where do you want to study? US, Europe, Asia??

Well, try to narrow down your options, based on your profile. What's your undergrad GPA? Do you want to keep working in finance or go somewhere else?

Most importantly, where do you want to study? US, Europe, Asia??
PNI

Ralph, thanks for your reply. I am from country with a different grade system but would have something like 3.5 according to the US system.
I haven't yet decided if I will continue in financing but I want to broaden my horizon. That?s why I am not doing the CFA instead. I want to learn more about general management and strategy.
I am open to both US and Europe. All I know is that I want to do a one your MBA only.

On top of the questions in my first post, I'd also like to know when to apply to B School if I want to start in Jan 11 or Aug 11? I have just started studying the GMAT and will take the exam in 3-4m.

Ralph, thanks for your reply. I am from country with a different grade system but would have something like 3.5 according to the US system.
I haven't yet decided if I will continue in financing but I want to broaden my horizon. That?s why I am not doing the CFA instead. I want to learn more about general management and strategy.
I am open to both US and Europe. All I know is that I want to do a one your MBA only.

On top of the questions in my first post, I'd also like to know when to apply to B School if I want to start in Jan 11 or Aug 11? I have just started studying the GMAT and will take the exam in 3-4m.
non

now i'm completing my first degree in teaching english as a foriegn language and have considered studying 1 year master program in councelling. i have worked 2 years in a government school after completing my diploma. Can someone help me get started? (where should I start, what schools, how does gmat work, when to apply, costs etc.). There is so much information available and I don't know where to start. Thanks.

now i'm completing my first degree in teaching english as a foriegn language and have considered studying 1 year master program in councelling. i have worked 2 years in a government school after completing my diploma. Can someone help me get started? (where should I start, what schools, how does gmat work, when to apply, costs etc.). There is so much information available and I don't know where to start. Thanks.

Reply to Post

Other Related Content

Can a Low GPA Hurt Your MBA Admissions Chances?

Article Aug 20, 2014

Undergrad performance is important for MBA admissions, but it's not everything