Help Choosing a MBA

jibster

Duncan

Why not divide the average starting salary by the fees? That is the RoI. But actually the thing to compare is the NPV. A 20k investment that boosts your lifetime earnings by 500k has a better Roi than a 40k MBA that boosts your salary by 900k, but the latter is clearly the better investment. Don't underinvest in yourself !

Why not divide the average starting salary by the fees? That is the RoI. But actually the thing to compare is the NPV. A 20k investment that boosts your lifetime earnings by 500k has a better Roi than a 40k MBA that boosts your salary by 900k, but the latter is clearly the better investment. Don't underinvest in yourself !
jibster

Thanks Duncan you are very correct.
It seems that UC3m is the cheapest and a good quality school but does not have the best NPV.

Would you mind telling me your thoughts on Hult, International university of Monaco, SHU, and Cincinnati?

In the short term I don't mind which country I work but in the long term I would like to return to America.

It seems that UC3m is the cheapest and a good quality school but does not have the best NPV.

Would you mind telling me your thoughts on Hult, International university of Monaco, SHU, and Cincinnati?

In the short term I don't mind which country I work but in the long term I would like to return to America.
ezra

It seems like you are looking at a broad range of programs - which is good to start with, but I'd try to narrow it down in terms of geography. Why not stick to programs state-side if that's where you want to stay? Or are you particularly looking for an international experience while you're doing your MBA?

General thoughts on these programs: stay away from SHU, since it's not accredited by any reputable organization.

Hult is the only one that shows up in the FT rankings; both Hult and EADA are ranked by the Economist.

Cincinnati's grads feed in to local and international finance-based businesses, as well as into some health organizations.

It seems like you are looking at a broad range of programs - which is good to start with, but I'd try to narrow it down in terms of geography. Why not stick to programs state-side if that's where you want to stay? Or are you particularly looking for an international experience while you're doing your MBA?

General thoughts on these programs: stay away from SHU, since it's not accredited by any reputable organization.

Hult is the only one that shows up in the FT rankings; both Hult and EADA are ranked by the Economist.

Cincinnati's grads feed in to local and international finance-based businesses, as well as into some health organizations.

<blockquote>Thanks Duncan you are very correct.

In the short term I don't mind which country I work but in the long term I would like to return to America.</blockquote>
jibster

Thank you ezra. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I am looking for a international experience and I would like to work for a multinational company after graduation.

My only concern with Hult and EADA is that they are not as well known in the states (Even though Hult is an American School).

Sacred Heart University in Luxembourg is accredited by the AACSB.

Thank you ezra. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I am looking for a international experience and I would like to work for a multinational company after graduation.

My only concern with Hult and EADA is that they are not as well known in the states (Even though Hult is an American School).

Duncan

Why are these your only choices? It's a very odd assortment of programs.

If you want to work in the USA, study in the USA.

Why are these your only choices? It's a very odd assortment of programs.

If you want to work in the USA, study in the USA.
jibster

Hi Duncan,
Yes it is a odd assortment but I was just trying to get into the best MBA program that I could given my profile.

I would like to work abroad but I was just thinking about if I eventually come back to the U.S.A. how would the MBA help me (given that one carries the MBA though one's career)

Are their any schools you might recommend?

Hi Duncan,
Yes it is a odd assortment but I was just trying to get into the best MBA program that I could given my profile.

I would like to work abroad but I was just thinking about if I eventually come back to the U.S.A. how would the MBA help me (given that one carries the MBA though one's career)

Are their any schools you might recommend?

Duncan

What's your GMAT score?

What's your GMAT score?
jibster

It is 540.

It is 540.
ezra

My mistake.

It is 540.

Have you thought about retaking it? I mean, even Hult's admitted students average about 610. Unless the rest of your profile is extraordinary, I doubt you'd be competitive.

<blockquote>Sacred Heart University in Luxembourg is accredited by the AACSB.</blockquote>
My mistake.

<blockquote>It is 540.</blockquote>
Have you thought about retaking it? I mean, even Hult's admitted students average about 610. Unless the rest of your profile is extraordinary, I doubt you'd be competitive.
jibster

Thanks for your outlook ezra.

I wouldn't say my profile is the best because I know their are a lot better profiles. But I did receive a previous acceptance to Hult's MBA (Probably because I am American).

All of the schools I have mentioned I have or probably can get admitted to (For EADA I took the EADA test).

Can you recommend any out of these schools or maybe one's I have not thought of?

Thanks for your outlook ezra.

I wouldn't say my profile is the best because I know their are a lot better profiles. But I did receive a previous acceptance to Hult's MBA (Probably because I am American).

All of the schools I have mentioned I have or probably can get admitted to (For EADA I took the EADA test).

Can you recommend any out of these schools or maybe one's I have not thought of?

Im American and went to EADA, i recommend it

Im American and went to EADA, i recommend it
Duncan

I never heard of anyone being turned down by Hult who met its minima.

I never heard of anyone being turned down by Hult who met its minima.
jibster

Thanks fishman appreciate it. was EADA recognized when you came to America by employers?

Duncan,

Would you say that Hult is worth it? It is the best ranked school I can get in to and it sounds like a very good program but I find it very expensive. Even with scholarship do you think it is a good investment?

Thanks fishman appreciate it. was EADA recognized when you came to America by employers?

Duncan,

Would you say that Hult is worth it? It is the best ranked school I can get in to and it sounds like a very good program but I find it very expensive. Even with scholarship do you think it is a good investment?

I would say this. Your going to have trouble with recognition of MBAs unless you go to a top tier school. EADA is definately a bargain, and they have a great off campus training facility. Message me if you have more questions

I would say this. Your going to have trouble with recognition of MBAs unless you go to a top tier school. EADA is definately a bargain, and they have a great off campus training facility. Message me if you have more questions
Duncan

I suggest that you don't rush into anything until you make the time to really improve your GMAT. The Hult name has been around for a handful of years and for profit schools can have turbulent lives (as you can see from Huron which previously occupied the Hult campus) because the economies of scale always push down standards. If you get into a more selective and better known programme the investment will pay back for your whole life.

I do think Hult has much older students that many other schools and I don't think you will have a worse education than at Sacred Heart. And remember that I am a European, and thus a little wary of for profit schools. It is not a terrible choice but a AACSB school will be better accepted in the US. How about the Iowa CImBA programme in Italy? That is great value and an amazing place to spend a year.

I suggest that you don't rush into anything until you make the time to really improve your GMAT. The Hult name has been around for a handful of years and for profit schools can have turbulent lives (as you can see from Huron which previously occupied the Hult campus) because the economies of scale always push down standards. If you get into a more selective and better known programme the investment will pay back for your whole life.

I do think Hult has much older students that many other schools and I don't think you will have a worse education than at Sacred Heart. And remember that I am a European, and thus a little wary of for profit schools. It is not a terrible choice but a AACSB school will be better accepted in the US. How about the Iowa CImBA programme in Italy? That is great value and an amazing place to spend a year.
jibster

Thank you Duncan for your great advice, It was very helpful! I am not going to rush in to anything before I Improve my GMAT.

Thanks for recommending the CImBA programme I have never heard of it and it looks very interesting.

Thank you Duncan for your great advice, It was very helpful! I am not going to rush in to anything before I Improve my GMAT.

Thanks for recommending the CImBA programme I have never heard of it and it looks very interesting.
Student13

Hi All,

I have a question regarding SHU luxembourg
They have started a new program MBA with Internship
Can anyone please suggest me about this program
Any one suggest about the its ranking ( univ ranking)
I was just curious if its worth doing it from Luxembourg

Thanks in Advance

Hi All,

I have a question regarding SHU luxembourg
They have started a new program MBA with Internship
Can anyone please suggest me about this program
Any one suggest about the its ranking ( univ ranking)
I was just curious if its worth doing it from Luxembourg

Thanks in Advance
Duncan

This is not a well-known programme. Since SHU's main campus is in the US, I don't think it will have strong placement services. I cannot imagine what sort of student this programme is the best fit for.

This is not a well-known programme. Since SHU's main campus is in the US, I don't think it will have strong placement services. I cannot imagine what sort of student this programme is the best fit for.
SHU

Hi,

My name is Antoine Rech, and I am the Associate Director of Sacred Heart University in Luxembourg. Indeed, SHU has launched a new program, the MBA with Internship. In September 2012, we welcomed 5 students from India, the US, South Africa and Europe. All these students were offered paid internships in Luxembourg at UBS, PwC, Lombard Assurance, etc.

Should you want to have more information about the program and if you are located in Luxembourg, I suggest that we meet and discuss your project. You can also meet students, faculty and visit our premises to make your own opinion.

Sacred Heart University also offers a part-time MBA program. Age of students: around 35 years old, working professionals (engineers, consultants, bankers, etc). Courses are offered on the evenings (from 6:30 to 9:30). Duration of the program: approximately 2 years with a flexible entry date. Number of nationalities: more than 15. Possibilities of taking courses in Asia and/or the US. The program is AACSB accredited.

Best,

www.shu.lu
[email protected]

Hi,

My name is Antoine Rech, and I am the Associate Director of Sacred Heart University in Luxembourg. Indeed, SHU has launched a new program, the MBA with Internship. In September 2012, we welcomed 5 students from India, the US, South Africa and Europe. All these students were offered paid internships in Luxembourg at UBS, PwC, Lombard Assurance, etc.

Should you want to have more information about the program and if you are located in Luxembourg, I suggest that we meet and discuss your project. You can also meet students, faculty and visit our premises to make your own opinion.

Sacred Heart University also offers a part-time MBA program. Age of students: around 35 years old, working professionals (engineers, consultants, bankers, etc). Courses are offered on the evenings (from 6:30 to 9:30). Duration of the program: approximately 2 years with a flexible entry date. Number of nationalities: more than 15. Possibilities of taking courses in Asia and/or the US. The program is AACSB accredited.

Best,

www.shu.lu
[email protected]

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Iowa City, Iowa 8 Followers 32 Discussions
San Francisco, California 28 Followers 40 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 31 Followers 77 Discussions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 25 Followers 88 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 48 Followers 82 Discussions
Paderno del Grappa TV, Italy 6 Followers 10 Discussions
Cincinnati, Ohio 3 Followers 27 Discussions