HEC Paris, Manchester, Cranfield MBA or Aberdeen Oil &Gas MBA

Onur76

Hi Guys;

I have 10+ years work experience as mechanical engineer within a few industries including Oil & Gas. Is it better to go to tier-1 schools in europe like HEC Paris, Manchester, Cranfield General MBA or Aberdeen Oil & Gas MBA for energy management roles comparing the cost and employability afterwards.

Thanks

Onur76

Hi Guys;

I have 10+ years work experience as mechanical engineer within a few industries including Oil & Gas. Is it better to go to tier-1 schools in europe like HEC Paris, Manchester, Cranfield General MBA or Aberdeen Oil & Gas MBA for energy management roles comparing the cost and employability afterwards.

Thanks

Onur76
Onur76

Please comment. I am accepted in Aberdeen Oil & Gas but for others i will need to prepare for GMAT.

Thanks

Please comment. I am accepted in Aberdeen Oil & Gas but for others i will need to prepare for GMAT.

Thanks
Onur76

Please respond!

Please respond!
Duncan

The differences in cost are tiny compared to the difference in earnings. RGU doesn't publish detailled placement information, but I think it's obviously that the world-class alternatives you have mentioned will have better outcomes.

The differences in cost are tiny compared to the difference in earnings. RGU doesn't publish detailled placement information, but I think it's obviously that the world-class alternatives you have mentioned will have better outcomes.
Onur76

even with my background and specifically an Oil & Gas MBA? ? am abit stunned to hear that people doubt Oil & Gas MBA at RGU in a city like Aberdeen.

even with my background and specifically an Oil & Gas MBA? ? am abit stunned to hear that people doubt Oil & Gas MBA at RGU in a city like Aberdeen.
Onur76

Would it be big risk for me to go to RGU? On the other hand there is a argument that generalist MBA are useless that you might only get similar jobs according to your background.

Would it be big risk for me to go to RGU? On the other hand there is a argument that generalist MBA are useless that you might only get similar jobs according to your background.
ralph

What do you mean by a risk? If you can get into a ranked MBA program, I think that it would probably be worth it over the long run. It's true, RGU has carved a niche for itself in energy, but keep in mind that Cranfield usually places at least 10 to 15 percent of MBAs in energy roles, most likely at higher salaries than RGU.

I'm assuming you're an international student? Another factor you'd need to consider is international mobility - that is, how successful a school is in placing students in different countries from where they're from post-MBA. HEC is ranked highly by the FT in this regard, and Cranfield isn't shabby here either.

If you are seriously considering RGU as an alternative to these ranked programs, you should be critical: ask the school for placement statistics, especially for grads who were in similar situations as you are now. Connect with alum in the energy industry and ask them questions about their experience.

What do you mean by a risk? If you can get into a ranked MBA program, I think that it would probably be worth it over the long run. It's true, RGU has carved a niche for itself in energy, but keep in mind that Cranfield usually places at least 10 to 15 percent of MBAs in energy roles, most likely at higher salaries than RGU.

I'm assuming you're an international student? Another factor you'd need to consider is international mobility - that is, how successful a school is in placing students in different countries from where they're from post-MBA. HEC is ranked highly by the FT in this regard, and Cranfield isn't shabby here either.

If you are seriously considering RGU as an alternative to these ranked programs, you should be critical: ask the school for placement statistics, especially for grads who were in similar situations as you are now. Connect with alum in the energy industry and ask them questions about their experience.
masgus

its tighter to land a job in UK nowadays due to changing Visa requirement, so either RGU or Cranfield is less interesting than HEC according to Ralph explanation above..

btw Onur76, if you accept the RGU we will be in the same class , commence Sept 2015?

its tighter to land a job in UK nowadays due to changing Visa requirement, so either RGU or Cranfield is less interesting than HEC according to Ralph explanation above..

btw Onur76, if you accept the RGU we will be in the same class , commence Sept 2015?
ralph

It really depends. If you speak French then HEC Paris is a great choice in terms of transitioning to work in France. Aberdeen, however, has better stats in terms of landing jobs in the energy sector.

It really depends. If you speak French then HEC Paris is a great choice in terms of transitioning to work in France. Aberdeen, however, has better stats in terms of landing jobs in the energy sector.
Onur76

no i changed my mind. i was thinking Brunel but now i might opt out UK all together.

no i changed my mind. i was thinking Brunel but now i might opt out UK all together.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Aberdeen, United Kingdom 42 Followers 87 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Manchester, United Kingdom 65 Followers 514 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

Top Business Schools for Energy and Natural Resources

Top List

Some MBA programs offer specializations in energy, which can help prepare students for industry's complex interplay between politics, finance, and the environment. See a list of the top ten best business schools for a career in energy