Full time MBA program for 10 years workex

raul2012

Hello,

I' currently working as a Program Manager in a reputed IT company and planning to take GMAT by Jul' 2012. A brief overview of my educational background and workex in as below
# Graduation - Bachelor of Engineering
# Work Experience
- Product Consulting (IT) - 5 years
- Project and Program Management (IT) - 3.5 years
Since I'm targetting 2013 my total experience by then would be 10 years. With the little information that I have gained from B Schools websites, the average work-ex is of 5 years.However as I have a work-exp of 10 years is it too late for MBA? With my experience in Project/Program Management could you please suggest what MBA programs would be suitable to capitalize on the work-exp and what is the minimum score I should be targetting for GMAt considering the workex factor

Regards,
Raul

Hello,

I' currently working as a Program Manager in a reputed IT company and planning to take GMAT by Jul' 2012. A brief overview of my educational background and workex in as below
# Graduation - Bachelor of Engineering
# Work Experience
- Product Consulting (IT) - 5 years
- Project and Program Management (IT) - 3.5 years
Since I'm targetting 2013 my total experience by then would be 10 years. With the little information that I have gained from B Schools websites, the average work-ex is of 5 years.However as I have a work-exp of 10 years is it too late for MBA? With my experience in Project/Program Management could you please suggest what MBA programs would be suitable to capitalize on the work-exp and what is the minimum score I should be targetting for GMAt considering the workex factor

Regards,
Raul
Duncan

Average age on the programmes below is 30-32.

Kaist College of Business
Birmingham Business School
University of Strathclyde Business School
Durham Business School
Warwick Business School
City University: Cass
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
Australian School of Business: AGSM
Cranfield School of Management
IMD
University of Cambridge: Judge
HEC Paris
Ceibs
University of Pennsylvania: Wharton
Stanford University GSB

PS I have ranked from low to high, in terms of their GMAT needs.

Average age on the programmes below is 30-32.

Kaist College of Business
Birmingham Business School
University of Strathclyde Business School
Durham Business School
Warwick Business School
City University: Cass
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
Australian School of Business: AGSM
Cranfield School of Management
IMD
University of Cambridge: Judge
HEC Paris
Ceibs
University of Pennsylvania: Wharton
Stanford University GSB

PS I have ranked from low to high, in terms of their GMAT needs.
raul2012

Hello Duncan,

Thank you very much for this prompt response.

The list of colleges looks promising and has also helped subside some of my earlier unfounded apprehensions about 'MBA after a 10 year workex'. I will now check specific details about courses offered by each of these colleges and would try to post the consolidated findings on these colleges.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Raul

Hello Duncan,

Thank you very much for this prompt response.

The list of colleges looks promising and has also helped subside some of my earlier unfounded apprehensions about 'MBA after a 10 year workex'. I will now check specific details about courses offered by each of these colleges and would try to post the consolidated findings on these colleges.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Raul

CSU San Bernardino is going to be launching their new cohort for Executives program in early 2013. Check it out:

mba.csusb.edu

CSU San Bernardino is going to be launching their new cohort for Executives program in early 2013. Check it out:

mba.csusb.edu
Duncan

This student is looking for a *full time* MBA. The schedule for your MBA for executives requires the person to be resident in the US (http://mba.csusb.edu/mbaForExecutives/scheduleOfClasses.html) but does not provide visas for students. Please try to me more helpful with your suggestions.

This student is looking for a *full time* MBA. The schedule for your MBA for executives requires the person to be resident in the US (http://mba.csusb.edu/mbaForExecutives/scheduleOfClasses.html) but does not provide visas for students. Please try to me more helpful with your suggestions.

Hi Duncan,

We have recently opened the program for foreign students. Thank you for the catch on the website, I will make sure to get it updated.

Hi Duncan,

We have recently opened the program for foreign students. Thank you for the catch on the website, I will make sure to get it updated.
Duncan

So does that mean you sponsor visa for a part time course? How does that work?

So does that mean you sponsor visa for a part time course? How does that work?

We have a couple of options. The most popular is to have our international students work as graduate assistants for our faculty. This ranges from 5-20 hours per week. The beginning pay is $15.69. Once our international students are here for 9 months, we do have internships available for them.

We find it very difficult to secure outside employment for our international students, so are finding options internally to help them in their educational journey.

We have a couple of options. The most popular is to have our international students work as graduate assistants for our faculty. This ranges from 5-20 hours per week. The beginning pay is $15.69. Once our international students are here for 9 months, we do have internships available for them.

We find it very difficult to secure outside employment for our international students, so are finding options internally to help them in their educational journey.

Raul, before pursuing an MBA, you might want to think about taking some extraneous courses, something like an executive leadership program. I took a 5-day course years ago and it strengthened my resume immensely.

Raul, before pursuing an MBA, you might want to think about taking some extraneous courses, something like an executive leadership program. I took a 5-day course years ago and it strengthened my resume immensely.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Stanford, California 96 Followers 171 Discussions
Shanghai, China 38 Followers 78 Discussions
Beijing, China 6 Followers 102 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 53 Followers 290 Discussions
San Bernardino, California 26 Followers 18 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions
St. Petersburg, Russia 6 Followers 29 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Gent, Belgium 13 Followers 93 Discussions