From HR to Consultancy

LBC22

I am a Human Resources professional aiming to change my career to consultancy, and hopefully also my job location (particularly interested in Europe).

What are your thoughts on how an MBA (HEC or RSM) will make me achieve this transition?

I am a Human Resources professional aiming to change my career to consultancy, and hopefully also my job location (particularly interested in Europe).

What are your thoughts on how an MBA (HEC or RSM) will make me achieve this transition?
Duncan

What sort of consultancy?

Read
How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713

What sort of consultancy?

Read
How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713
ezra

Look at the recent career reports from both of these schools, they're pretty much comparable in terms of the percentage of students who went into roles in consulting after the MBA. (18 percent for HEC; 16 percent for RSM.)

Have you considered Insead? That school has great recruiting relationships with the big 5. Depending on the year, something like 40 percent of Insead's MBAs go into the consulting sector.

Look at the recent career reports from both of these schools, they're pretty much comparable in terms of the percentage of students who went into roles in consulting after the MBA. (18 percent for HEC; 16 percent for RSM.)

Have you considered Insead? That school has great recruiting relationships with the big 5. Depending on the year, something like 40 percent of Insead's MBAs go into the consulting sector.
Inactive User

Hello, Great help, Thanks

Hello, Great help, Thanks
ralph

I generally agree with ezra, but even with an MBA from Insead landing a job with the Big 5 if you've never worked in consulting before can be a challenge.

I'd look closely at the consulting firms that do hire from HEC Paris and RSM - because there are a few - and see if any of these match up with your post-MBA expectations. For instance, I know that ATKearney recruits from HEC Paris, and Tata from RSM; these are two fairly different firms with a different range of clients.

I generally agree with ezra, but even with an MBA from Insead landing a job with the Big 5 if you've never worked in consulting before can be a challenge.

I'd look closely at the consulting firms that do hire from HEC Paris and RSM - because there are a few - and see if any of these match up with your post-MBA expectations. For instance, I know that ATKearney recruits from HEC Paris, and Tata from RSM; these are two fairly different firms with a different range of clients.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Rotterdam, Netherlands 80 Followers 223 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

Post-MBA Careers in Management Consulting

Article Jun 02, 2014

Get some tips from somebody who used an MBA to get a job with a top-three strategy consulting firm