CSU LA

Inactive User

Is CSU at Los Angeles a good University for post graduation?
what about CSU Long Beach?

Is CSU at Los Angeles a good University for post graduation?
what about CSU Long Beach?
Mamit

Well, if we consider the rankings, certainly CSU Long Beach has an edge over CSU LA though it depends on the program you are taregting

Well, if we consider the rankings, certainly CSU Long Beach has an edge over CSU LA though it depends on the program you are taregting
Inactive User

For an MBA?

For an MBA?
Mamit

Please share your profile and career goals for more specific advice.

Please share your profile and career goals for more specific advice.
Razors Edg...

Given their AACSB accreditation status, you can be assured that both schools provide a good standard of education. I think that CSULB has a higher profile, but I don't believe that the school is actually ranked in any of the major MBA rankings, Mamit, correct me if I'm wrong.

Generally speaking, these low-cost MBA programs from state universities are great for local students who want a good education but don't have major career-shifting aspirations. For international students looking to end up working in the US, a ranked program is more likely a better choice, given these schools' career resources. For instance, UCLA Anderson or USC Marshall are great choices in the area.

Given their AACSB accreditation status, you can be assured that both schools provide a good standard of education. I think that CSULB has a higher profile, but I don't believe that the school is actually ranked in any of the major MBA rankings, Mamit, correct me if I'm wrong.

Generally speaking, these low-cost MBA programs from state universities are great for local students who want a good education but don't have major career-shifting aspirations. For international students looking to end up working in the US, a ranked program is more likely a better choice, given these schools' career resources. For instance, UCLA Anderson or USC Marshall are great choices in the area.

I have a Bachelor degree in Engineering from Norway and dreaming of a MBA degree.
However, the tuition cost at for example UCLA, Stanford, USC etc are too high.
For example: the first year at UCLA is about 97.000 dollars in tuition + living expences, which is impossible for me.
I am from Norway, and we dont get that much in student fund ( scholarship and loan) to cover an Ivy League school, and I dont have rich parents.

Does anybody ( International) who have attended an Ivy League school any experience with scholarships? Is it difficult to get sholarship as an international?

I looks like I have to apply for more affordable schools like CSU ( LA, Long Beach, Northridge etc). Are those schools a good choice for an international student?
My longterm goal is to live and work in LA.

I have a Bachelor degree in Engineering from Norway and dreaming of a MBA degree.
However, the tuition cost at for example UCLA, Stanford, USC etc are too high.
For example: the first year at UCLA is about 97.000 dollars in tuition + living expences, which is impossible for me.
I am from Norway, and we dont get that much in student fund ( scholarship and loan) to cover an Ivy League school, and I dont have rich parents.

Does anybody ( International) who have attended an Ivy League school any experience with scholarships? Is it difficult to get sholarship as an international?

I looks like I have to apply for more affordable schools like CSU ( LA, Long Beach, Northridge etc). Are those schools a good choice for an international student?
My longterm goal is to live and work in LA.
Duncan

I suggest people reply to you here http://find-mba.com/board/general-forum/norwegian-engineer-apply-for-mba-44232 where you have asked the same question.

I suggest people reply to you here http://find-mba.com/board/general-forum/norwegian-engineer-apply-for-mba-44232 where you have asked the same question.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 11 Followers 9 Discussions
Long Beach, California 31 Followers 27 Discussions

Other Related Content

A Place in the Sun: MBA Programs in California

Article May 08, 2010

Nice weather aside, California is still the place to go for those seeking the next big thing.