Best city to do MBA

davidsmart

I think FT and Economist should start ranking cities based on the MBA programs they offer and i am sure if such ranking is done London will be the clear winner.

I think FT and Economist should start ranking cities based on the MBA programs they offer and i am sure if such ranking is done London will be the clear winner.
Duncan

That's silly. Many US schools have more students that every accredited business in London added together: http://www.ehow.com/list_6297501_america_s-largest-m_b_a_-programs.html

Even if that was not the case, should someone seriously turn down Insead or Tuck (or, indeed, Oxford or Cambridge) for Cass or Imperial just because the latter are in London?

That's silly. Many US schools have more students that every accredited business in London added together: http://www.ehow.com/list_6297501_america_s-largest-m_b_a_-programs.html

Even if that was not the case, should someone seriously turn down Insead or Tuck (or, indeed, Oxford or Cambridge) for Cass or Imperial just because the latter are in London?
davidsmart

You are probably right that there are many cities in US where number of business schools are more than than in London. But we need to consider other factors as well like quality of life, transport network, tourist attractions, major landmarks, historical significance, culture, night life etc.

In my opinion London is much better than any city in US or rest of Europe.

<blockquote>That's silly. Many US schools have more students that every accredited business in London added together: http://www.ehow.com/list_6297501_america_s-largest-m_b_a_-programs.html

Even if that was not the case, should someone seriously turn down Insead or Tuck (or, indeed, Oxford or Cambridge) for Cass or Imperial just because the latter are in London? </blockquote>

You are probably right that there are many cities in US where number of business schools are more than than in London. But we need to consider other factors as well like quality of life, transport network, tourist attractions, major landmarks, historical significance, culture, night life etc.

In my opinion London is much better than any city in US or rest of Europe.
Razors Edg...

tourist attractions, major landmarks, historical significance, culture, night life etc.

These factors mean relatively little when considering business schools. I certainly wouldn't base my decision on whether a city has tourist attractions!

<blockquote>tourist attractions, major landmarks, historical significance, culture, night life etc.</blockquote>
These factors mean relatively little when considering business schools. I certainly wouldn't base my decision on whether a city has tourist attractions!
Duncan

Maybe Harvard should open a campus at Machu Picchu, Wharton at Angkor Wat and Stanford at the Taj Mahal?

Maybe Harvard should open a campus at Machu Picchu, Wharton at Angkor Wat and Stanford at the Taj Mahal?
davidsmart

I reiterate that london is the best city to do MBA.

<blockquote>Maybe Harvard should open a campus at Machu Picchu, Wharton at Angkor Wat and Stanford at the Taj Mahal?</blockquote>

I reiterate that london is the best city to do MBA.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 59 Followers 415 Discussions
Hanover, New Hampshire 16 Followers 49 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 278 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 53 Followers 290 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 72 Followers 309 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 107 Followers 348 Discussions

Other Related Content

Aug 23, 2023

Book One-to-One Sessions with Imperial College Business School Recruiters

News Aug 23, 2023

MBA Rankings: Finding the Best Business Schools

Article Jul 24, 2012

From the FT to Businessweek, we discuss the importance of rankings and how they work

Hot Discussions